General change ideas.

Options
zonden
zonden Posts: 16 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Suggestion Box
This is a list of general ideas to fix certain parts of the game that bother me, personally. Feel free to disagree, or add your own.

PWI's economy has long been a pain point for the game, in my own opinion. Here are some of the largest eyesores and some fixes:

1. For a (simple) working economy, you want incoming coins to roughly equal outgoing coins. PWI has far too many of the former, and far too few of the latter. Of course, implementing coinsinks is a MASSIVE problem, because it might significantly handicap poorer players. There are, however, more than enough ways to limit the amount of coin coming into the game.

1.1 Remove options to trade Tokens of Luck / Best Luck directly for cash.

This helps less fortunate players by making a host of creature comforts cheaper, as it unpins the minimum price of Tokens of Luck and Tokens of Best Luck. We might actually see someone fooling around with a TT100 weapon again.

1.2 Change TW rewards to something that isn't free money.

TW rewards amount to about 1650 million coins a week, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, I know building towers costs coins.

2. For reasons unknown to me, PWE has chosen to make some things impossible to trade or even put into the Account stash, a measure I find ludicrous and stupid, largely because it forces items to exist in multiple, often incompatible forms. While I suppose this does make for a great incintive to purchase inventory and safe extensions, it's impractical in numerous other ways.

2.1 With prior notice, either remove untradeable items or make them tradeable.

And yes, I do mean everything. With diminishing returns kicking in in earnest for spirit, a dramatic increase in Nuema Portal sets is not going to destroy the game. This measure will, however, encourage S-Pack opening, as well as create a vibrant trade in War Avatar Cards.

I'm aware that some of the current untradeable items are rewards intended for the character receiving them. Trading these off to your alts, or indeed to other players, is, in my opinion, a gear progression choice that should be available to players. I am, however, also of the opinion that the diversity of gear progression choices the game previously enjoyed was a great feature.

This also helps the game remain accessible to new, as well as returning players. It is immensely discouraging to log and find out there is, effectively, a seniority requirement to the game. While it is true that, if you wanted, you could simply CS to catch up, this option is particularly unappealing to both new and returning players. It's an option I value, and which I think should remain open, but it is unhealthy to make it the ONLY option.

Merging servers into each other and subsequently making every server a PVE server has murdered PVP and spoiled the game for some.

1. If we could have some incentives to PvP, that would be nice. And I do mean World PVP. Unexpected, random World PVP. I created a character on a PVP server because I didn't want to join a hugbox. The worst part of this is that Dawnglory is a merger of TWO PvP servers and ONE hugbox, and we now have to deal with being a hugbox. I blame the french for this. Not even joking.

1.1 One such incentive could be faction emnity (maybe even removing PVP protection for members of enemy factions), though evidently work would need to be done to stop large, powerful factions from bullying the smaller ones out of existence.

Gear variety has diminished to the point where it is almost absent.

1. Remove class restrictions on weapons. These restrictions are unelegant, and they make the devs look lazy. Also, I'm an archer and I want to resemble Legolas, and I'm almost positive this is the only reason people still make archers.

2. It is nice when there are realistic alternatives to "Go full r9". While it is unavoidable that there will be a meta with regards to gear, the meta has been completely forced lately, which does not make for healthy gameplay. It is absolutely tragic that PWE has managed to force a meta in spite of the fact that stat options on gear make virtually any off meta combination possible at this point.

I can, of course, only have pipe dreams about all R9 options being available to all classes. Besides, this would require the lazy devs mentioned previously to rework asassins into something that isn't a complete trainwreck.

3. The new Homestead weapons are a step in the right direction.

I may do some editing later to make this post not look like ****.​​
Tagged: