Rewards for Thursday Night Fights

Options
eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion
Hey,

Wondering if anyone else noticed something strange with their rewards?

I recieved a platinum chest last night and recieved:
30 tokens of might
15 tokens of valiancy

My husband got Gold
30 tokens of might
10 tokens of valiancy

According to PW database:

Platinum Chest should have recieved:
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35401
50 Tokens of Might
25 Tokens of valiancy
1 Token of Tenacity

Gold chest I should have recieved:
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35400
40 tokens of might
20 tokens of valiancy
1 token of tenacity

Are the rewards tiers toned down intentionally? Or is this incorrect?
Wondering at what stage we actually receive Tokens of Tenacity since it seems Platinum is awarded Bronze and Gold is rewarded the Iron prizes listed on PW database.

Comments

• prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Maybe its changed because its a localized version. AttackverV made it to the end with no deaths on my server, and got a token of tenacity. So maybe if you never die you will get one!​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • chipboy
    chipboy Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    I think everything is Tiered down because cross server isn't released so they changed the rewards for our servers, http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35402
    Diamond is the highest and those players get a token of Tenacity, atm there is no way to get Token of Passion
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Someone asked this before when there was confusion about the Token of Passion item.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/49638 - Local Server Tournament Platinum (Tournament)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/49645 - Cross Server Tournament Platinum (Conqueror's)

The names are unfortunately very similar, so if loc needs to be done to make this clearer I could ask surtr about it.

Diamond Chest Local Server is where you will acquire the Token of Tenacity http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/35395. Diamond chests are at the top level of Local.
    Silver Gold and Platinum Chests in Cross Server will yield Tokens of Tenacity.

Rewards are the same as CN's for local, least according to the documentation we received and what's observed in-game, so this is by design to differentiate between Local and Cross and the different room tiers. Hope this makes sense!
  • sin20
    sin20 Posts: 237 Arc User
    Options
    Im not sure how many servers there are in chinas version but if there r more then 4 and are crowded and etc their xtourny will have way more ppl then ours will , if these are rewards for silver gold plat diamond etc for X-tourny that would mean that the number of ppl in it gotta be increased by itself waaaaaaaay more, by my estimation maybe 3-5 ppl from each server will enter xtourny weekly an that would make 12-20 ppl , thats nothing like wtf xD

Just having gold plat diamond rooms there means MORE ppl need to be able to enter it, currently if it would work ppl who can enter dont need to kill anyone just stay afk and survive and u are more or less guaranteed plat minimum (lmfao really).

Expanding the rewards of regular tourny for gold and plat to be able to get tenacity tokens and maybe that item to enter xtourny would make xtourny way more competitive and fun once it eventually starts working, 12-20 ppl in it weekly compared to possible lets say 40-100 would be really fun and if we cant see names and etc and ppl from different server woudnt be able to recognize who is who and will just be massive all out pvp and would actually be fun and worth :)
  • maksim1995
    maksim1995 Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sin20 wrote: »
    12-20 ppl in it weekly compared to possible lets say 40-100 would be really fun and if we cant see names and etc and ppl from different server woudnt be able to recognize who is who and will just be massive all out pvp and would actually be fun and worth :)
    Totally agree! Imho, Thursday Night Fights event is not the best way to farm Zenith Skulls, make it fair and available for everyone.

• sin20
    Options
    Man xtourny once it works should have like 25+ ppl from each server to actually make it good competitive and fun, and enough ppl be able to win rewards etc zenith skulls.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    And this is how we won't get weekly xserver for CoM. CN has 40 servers compared to our 4 which is their reasoning for not allowing weekly xserver and instead asking us to have "seasons" (manually run by us) with datapulls on who qualified for xserver, then manually item sending US specific tokens with a US specific NPC that is set to one time.

Xserver tokens come from Platinum and Diamond chests. So lets say, for sake of argument, we run seasons and we do the datapulls. If the token keeps its current expiration dates, that's datapulls every single week. This means seasons can not be late otherwise, we exceed xserver tournament cap (in an ideal world with maximum attendance and different winners every single week).

If we ask them to adjust down our Token of Tenacity to lower Hall chests, that will be a US specific change. The chances of them also entertaining weekly CoM will not go in our favor, especially due to the population/ participant concerns alluded to above. Not to mention, based on how many of the sought after prizes entering players hands compared to the ratio of server population to difficulty of obtaining said rewards sounds by design.

Could we ask for them to adjust it down to meet our population needs? Not sure how successful that conversation would be, but it never hurts to ask - just don't expect weekly CoM on top of that. I can always work to find other ways to inject these mats in to "catch up", but it doesn't solve the underlying issue of getting players who are willing to participate.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    And this is how we won't get weekly xserver for CoM. CN has 40 servers compared to our 4 which is their reasoning for not allowing weekly xserver and instead asking us to have "seasons" (manually run by us) with datapulls on who qualified for xserver, then manually item sending US specific tokens with a US specific NPC that is set to one time.

Xserver tokens come from Platinum and Diamond chests. So lets say, for sake of argument, we run seasons and we do the datapulls. If the token keeps its current expiration dates, that's datapulls every single week. This means seasons can not be late otherwise, we exceed xserver tournament cap (in an ideal world with maximum attendance and different winners every single week).

If we ask them to adjust down our Token of Tenacity to lower Hall chests, that will be a US specific change. The chances of them also entertaining weekly CoM will not go in our favor, especially due to the population/ participant concerns alluded to above. Not to mention, based on how many of the sought after prizes entering players hands compared to the ratio of server population to difficulty of obtaining said rewards sounds by design.

Could we ask for them to adjust it down to meet our population needs? Not sure how successful that conversation would be, but it never hurts to ask - just don't expect weekly CoM on top of that. I can always work to find other ways to inject these mats in to "catch up", but it doesn't solve the underlying issue of getting players who are willing to participate.

Sorry but with the past results of reliability with this being done "Manually." Sure your building a lot of trust but say you are on holiday or sick... a can of worms not worth opening time or money fixing.

Are all 40 CN servers linked for this one event then? that's interesting if so.

Need a System based / controlled mechanic for this. If they don't want it to be done once a week then they should be willing to make something that will resolve this really. or we will end up in the same position as o when does XTW reset happen again... Im being harsh but really we are different to PWCN and other PWs.​​
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Both me and surtr are definitely raising these exact concerns to CN, since the method they programed for us does not exactly work within our current situation.

CN has an NPC that will spawn at the same time as regular THF and is completely automatic. (since there they have no cross server issues with multiple timezones, this would make the scheduling extremely interesting for a weekly tournament as-is if implimented in our version). The token you see out of the chests are actually only for the CN NPC and will NOT work for the US specific one, as the two tokens have different ID's.

Of course this is not counting the fact you will inherently have a smaller pool of competitors and the chances of them being allied pre-tournament is rather high as well as when firing off the US tournament, it will be designated at one specific time which not everyone who did qualify could make depending on their own RL obligations.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If they have 40 different servers to fight for 1 CoM every week, it would make sense for us to only have cross once every 10 week.
    Anyway, for now im really happy for having just a local version of it, those ancient emblems are so good, all our servers lack them badly. Satisfied for now, but of course would be nice to see cross version once in a while in the future, however they will make it work
  • sin20
    Options
    The way i see it 40 servers if only few ppl can enter it (3-4) weekly per server thats just around 120 number that would make xtourny competitive and make it a proper tournament with a proper really worth reward.

For us if its similar then its 4 servers x3-4 ppl = 16 ppl fighting for it max?xD
    But you say plat and diamond chests will give it for our version so that is not yet implemented for us.
    Also i dont get why woudnt they give us com for reward like that if more ppl could enter xtourny then from lets say number would grow from 12 to 120 ? If number of ppl that can compete for it increases just means competition will be harder but its still all for 1 com so whats the problem there for CN?
    Seeing how the reward for xtourny is weekly 1 com i dont understand their reasoning for being against it?
    Especially since we missed out on few months of it and our population for even local tourny is way to low compared to them so even regular mats are lower in quantity and there are less chances to get zenith skulls for us.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Weird, database is showing Conquerer's Tokens coming out of Diamond and Platinum Chests for local, but our docs internally say only Diamond -either database is wrong, we're wrong, or they changed the expiration dates for the tokens to expire immediately from one chest and not the other. (or maybe it was stealth changed for us, that's always a possibility too). I'll probably check that again when we get back...

When we asked them, they said they did not want the CoM to be devauled by the tournament and did not want too many to enter our servers. My guess is because there's a low population here, the ratio of CoM from tournaments to player participants would be unbalanced in their eyes.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Database updates slowly, so that database isn't our current version.

My opinion is drop rates and rewards seem fair. yes you probably need top gear to make it to last room, but that gives you something to work for.​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Right now local is hardly worth the effort.

Not undermining your efforts, i appreciate it and it was an important addition and ill absolutely participate for the rewards but its definitely not worth any real pvp effort.

Anyone can farm bloods etc sitting afk blue name in the instance

Winning a pack that grants zennith skulls depends on if youre in a big faction that can fend off ganking since there is little anonymity on local server.

Getting the helm depends on if you can immune dig fast enough (or if youre a db).

In the end pvp is only what you make it i guess.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Right now local is hardly worth the effort.

Not undermining your efforts, i appreciate it and it was an important addition and ill absolutely participate for the rewards but its definitely not worth any real pvp effort.

Anyone can farm bloods etc sitting afk blue name in the instance

Winning a pack that grants zennith skulls depends on if youre in a big faction that can fend off ganking since there is little anonymity on local server.

Getting the helm depends on if you can immune dig fast enough (or if youre a db).

In the end pvp is only what you make it i guess.

This. I only attend for the easy prizes. I'm not going to try my best to PvP and win what is basically a base helm.
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.