Scheduled Server Maintenance [12/13/2016 - 11 PM PST]

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good evening PWI players!

We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PST. Tonight's maintenance will have no patch, so server restart only!

Important Notice!
Tonight will be the distribution of the War Avatar Card Lorelei for players who qualified during the Ultimate Spend promo!

*Tentative Duration*

Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance. This maintenance includes the War Avatar Card Lorelei distribution so this will impact maintenance times.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

- The PWI Crew

Tonight's Maintenance Question - What is your favorite in-game event in PWI and why?

Comments

• kalystconquerer#0876
    Lorelei spawns in progress!

Thank you for your patience!
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    will the thursday night fights npc get fixed?
  • salima#3992
    salima#3992 Posts: 2 Arc User
    yes
  • updownleftrighty
    updownleftrighty Posts: 42 Arc User
    yay :)
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    All Lorelei spawns and miscellaneous disbursements completed!

CN will do their thing, then NPC's will be spawned.

Thank you for your continued patience!

Also, asked engineers to do their server side fix for TNF and they said they did. Yay!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    All NPC's spawned! CN will finish up the rest of what they need to now!

Good night and thanks again! Don't burn the place down while I sleep now xD
  • salima#3992
    salima#3992 Posts: 2 Arc User
    should the serves be up now? cuz they're still down
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Tonight's Maintenance Question - What is your favorite in-game event in PWI and why?
    1. The current Pinguin-ShopKeeper Event.
      Because its easy, it has good exp ( 1,2m ) and you get 2 Primal Bloods per day.
    2. The Event (i dont know the name) where you had to go to the Zoologist in south east Archo, enter an instance and spawn a monkey and wait 10 minutes. The reward was indirectly choseable and awsome.
    3. Tiger-Event
      Because its fast and easy (unfortunately somtiems to fast to even reach the 4k contribution points (under 10 minutes)), Reward is fair for the Event-Duration.
    4. Nation-Wars
      Because it make it massivley easier to be able to farm certain material like uncanny crystals or rapture crystals and ofc warsoul weapons.
      I dislike the Balance in Nation-Wars and the Duration, its to long :P
    5. Morai-Weekly Event (all three: Wraithmissive, Mayhem-Event and the one at same time as Mayhem-Event)
      Because it make Morai much eaiser and shorter by also increasing exp.
    6. I dislike all the other Events from Tuesday to Thursday (i find them not worth it compared to the reward)
    CN will do their thing, then NPC's will be spawned.
    Also, asked engineers to do their server side fix for TNF and they said they did. Yay!
    Excuse me.
    What npc?
    What is TNF?

• clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    they changed from saying 3 to 4 hour maintenance so they are covered when they forget to actually reboot them - Maintenance should be an hour or so thing at most unless there is a major patch - other games update live but this is PWI - they do whatever we please with no regard or respect for the player base and btw lets gouge as much money as possible - sad really - as for the "experts" that will spam me saying I don't know jack about server reboots - I won't brag about my job and how many servers i am responsible for I'll just say they back up and are updated live and when the time comes they do need to be booted its a 15 minute process tops
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    clyknight wrote: »
    they changed from saying 3 to 4 hour maintenance so they are covered when they forget to actually reboot them - Maintenance should be an hour or so thing at most unless there is a major patch - other games update live but this is PWI - they do whatever we please with no regard or respect for the player base and btw lets gouge as much money as possible - sad really - as for the "experts" that will spam me saying I don't know jack about server reboots - I won't brag about my job and how many servers i am responsible for I'll just say they back up and are updated live and when the time comes they do need to be booted its a 15 minute process tops

Really?

Ok so the game is to old to be updated live. Do the backups live. The Software is old as well as the Engine and requires a reboot to refresh some of the settings. Also Sync the instance and XServer. PWCN also confirm other tests such as being able to log in create a new character etc.

NPCs like the snowman need to be manually spawned as part of the event as some will close due to the server shutdown. Keep in mind this need to be done on each server as well.

Lastly they had to Spawn MANUALY the Card into peoples Inventory. Doing This Manually rather than by script or search and replace function is and im sure ur agree slow. But the game is to old and does not have this function.

Grated you may know servers but from what you have just said you dont know the Server Software or Server Engine.​​
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    My favourite event: Any event that takes place when I am able to play pwi. I loved cross - server NW, it didnt happen in the middle of the night.

I love quests and events that takes place multiple times in a day, like the one now in frigid bay. Even if events are not in the middle of the night, I have a life ouside pwi too, and with several times to choose from I usually get to do the event once a day.

I also am very much a fan of events that take place all day, that is, they are like a regular quest you can pick up when you choose. Example: the one in frigid bay now, that teleports you all over pwi.

• evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    me favorite Event es Kill the GM :p:p:p:p

KthankxBai

PaiiiiiiN~
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I wouldnt mind another Login-Event. They've been always great and made people look forward to logging in more.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User

Cross Server Events:
    Focus having fights with other servers are fun.
    I am a bit sad that xNW is replaced to old style in total.
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Nation wars and cross server tw. Hopefully we see a revival of ctoss server nation wars as that was fun! Alot of fun even if you play in Etherblade xD
  • yumibrasil
    yumibrasil Posts: 15 Arc User
    I like those events ~

The current Pinguin-ShopKeeper Event.

The Event (i dont know the name) where you had to go to the Zoologist in south east Archo, enter an instance and spawn a monkey and wait 10 minutes. I like the rewards!

Tiger-Event - Easy to do ~

Nation-Wars - XNW It's fast! If be only on Sundays and makes easy farm nw tokens ~

WH Event ~ Becz the War Avatar S packs ~ :D
    6y8CnTq.jpg?1
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    clyknight wrote: »

This has been discussed before, (see the news page for previous questions to the devs). Because of the multitude of servers that make up one "server", and other QA tasks taken after they are back up, it takes quite a while.

keeperofkeys: What do you do during the 3 hour maintenance window every week?

Kaisy: We have a checklist that we have to run. We have to make sure the auto patch system is working and updates correctly, we also spawn NPCs that are required for specific times, check whether you can log in/out, create characters, kill monsters with normal damage, mail items to other players, etc. Its a pretty
    big checklist and sometimes it may take longer to finish than others.

If you'd like I can go into a bit more detail on the actual server-side mechanics of it. As you should know, just testing sending an item via mail will take one hour minimum.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • s1dek1ck
    s1dek1ck Posts: 1 Arc User
    What time did the maintenance end and the servers come back up? TIA.