[PSA] Weapon Fashion Issues

kalystconquerer#0876
kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
Good afternoon PWI players!

We have discovered an issue with our weapon fashions that was put on sale as of today, 11/23. The following items are bound when acquiring them -
· Ice Cloud Blade (Blademaster, Wizard, Venomancer, Cleric, Seeker, Mystic)
· Coldbloom Crossbow (Archer)
· Frost Flower Scythe (Stormbringer)

If you are purchasing these for friends, please use the gift option in game. When moused over, the items will show if they will come bound or not, so if you're unsure about a particular weapon fashion being bound, be sure to check the tooltip. If you end up with a weapon not of your class or character gender that is bound, you are able to NPC the item. If you have any further concerns, please contact Customer Support!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

-The PWI Team
Tagged:

Comments

• igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Just curious, maybe i misread or misunderstood something, but when you say NPC the item, do we also send a ticket and get the gold back or...?
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Yea. I'm wondering this as well.

Likely best to hold onto them until they say anything else.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    edited November 2016
    I had sent off emails about this to support, but it was a short day today and most staff is off for the holidays. I don't know what procedures they have in place for taking care of these types of issues, so if you are worried about wanting refunds, I would wait until after the holidays. Already heard a few slight nightmare stories of people buying the wrong gender or class weapons to give to friends or when selling their Gold on WC, so if you can please spread the word!
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    That's fine. Yeah that's what happened lol. Thanks for the help! <3
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Similar, but different - there are bugs with the last released permanent fashion weapons (in particular what i noticed is the red lotus sword - going to have to check the official name - when you use on a female earth guard the animation stops after one cycle and causes the sword to be held out at a weird angle.) i havent seen any other race/type have this issue though cant be sure, seems like they all rotate through the animation since the release of this and its the only weapon ive had this issue with so far.

Hoping pwi will patch it ;__;
  • ryeckoe
    ryeckoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »
    Similar, but different - there are bugs with the last released permanent fashion weapons (in particular what i noticed is the red lotus sword - going to have to check the official name - when you use on a female earth guard the animation stops after one cycle and causes the sword to be held out at a weird angle.) i havent seen any other race/type have this issue though cant be sure, seems like they all rotate through the animation since the release of this and its the only weapon ive had this issue with so far.

Hoping pwi will patch it ;__;

The blooming wand has same issue on venomancer, the animation is so quick compared to others you just see a light red flash nothing else.

2r468uf.png
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    The Scythe of the Blood Moon also has an animation issue. As per videos of it (like this one at 4:07), the scythe is supposed to levitate and spin in front of the character during the animation. Currently it stays on the owner's hand. Adding to that, the legs seem to not move at all. I know a little trick to enable the leg animation after using Climate Shift, but can't record it. Climate Shift sometimes glitches the standing animation into a frozen combat position. Activating the weapon animation during this frozen state causes the legs to move as supposed.

Male stormbringers had a similar animation glitch with the flight animation which cause them to have a frozen flight and other midflight frozen animations. It started when the Nightshade were released and only fixed in the Elysium patch.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • pasarinh
    pasarinh Posts: 17 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 no fash weap for Duskblade ? whyyyy ? =/ =/
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Funny I said somthing about this about the male fashion sapphire set that no longer has the glowing wings or any of the other animations for male nightshades for months now and nobody batted an eye.

Now people getting 1 sec weapon animations for the wrong toons and everbody loses there minds GG.
    Vae Victis.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well apparently you all have issues lol. I was hoping it was a bug or some one was in a rush to get the new fash weps out we all hate bound items especially when you spend hard earn money you work so hard for.

On a side note i did notice the archer crossbow and the magic sword are really impressive in design and beautiful, I hope later they sale a non bound permanent fash version of these i haven't seen the scythe but usually there works of art.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    This set was not properly released yet. It's added here early while it's still raw. Icons missing, animation missing, db version missing. Issues should be fixed in future I think.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    These animation issues are very odd-will have to be investigated after the holidays.

I'll ask surtr when these particular items were introduced (build) since they had been catalogued internally for a little while. CN didn't seem to have an issue with it going on sale (they will usually tell us not to sell something if it's not supposed to for one reason or another)

We did notice this set was odd considering it seemed to have singled out Duskblades. If anything, I'll ask CN sometime to see if they can provide us with the item ID for the missing DB weapon (if there is one) and any unbound variants.

@shade13 sometimes they don't prepare icons for us - we have a very old fashion set that doesn't have an icon (just the placeholder giftbox). But I'll definitely double check when this item set was added into our builds and if they plan on updating them in the future, I'll just hold off on putting them in until they do.

I do hope we can do something for the players affected, considering there was a reasonable expectation that fashion weapons would not be bound.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    CN didn't seem to have an issue with it going on sale
    @shade13 sometimes they don't prepare icons for us - we have a very old fashion set that doesn't have an icon (just the placeholder giftbox).
    I heard just several days ago from the CN players that this line is not completely done yet. Maybe China released it, I'm not sure, but considering the number of issues, there are still things to work at =)
    Or maybe they implemented fixed set on their server, but we got older files.
    Anyway, the set is the newest and just got out from development. No wonder.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    The crossbow also has the issue of looking weird on bow archers. That's because a crossbow is usually held in the right hand, unlike slings or bows, which are in the left. The crossbow fashion is held in the left hand for bow archers and points in the wrong direction so it looks like archers are holding it weird. Any chance for this to be fixed graphically?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Please give duskblade one
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • hxh
    hxh Posts: 7 Arc User
    somehow i bought 2 units this fashion weapon to share with other char, but i am unable to share now. i am not sure whether i can get my gold back instead of occupying my inventory.
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Personally I had this issue too when trying to buy a Fashion weapon for my cleric. I sent a ticket and soon enough we were able to resolve everything after that, I got my 10 gold back as well. :) I won't personally show you the ticket of course but I can vouch for being refunded after I npced my item like they asked me to. I am very happy I was able to "undo" that mistake.