The future of the Game Engine is upon us!

tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
REJOICE Loyal Perfect World Players!!! I found something today that's coming that will change the face of how we play this game. I'm not gonna lie I shed a tear at the future of our game. In the link is a preview to the upcoming and developing game engine PWE has promised us for years now debuted 3 days ago at their official anniversary and announcement of new expansions.

Coming Soon to Perfect World:
New Skills, New Bosses, New classes, All new Game Engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbmeKs5baIg

Information reguarding this can be found here on PWC's main website:
http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20161024/77701.shtml
​​
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Third thread about it. xD
  • tek1nig
    zigheart wrote: »
    Third thread about it. xD
    Sorry about that I was very excited and posted the moment I found out.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    if you follow the other, you get more info. Also, we are still not sure pwi will have THAT kind of hoveraul. It might be a tech demo
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Looks like a different game anyways
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Also about 90% of any chinese translation you read is wrong. This is not a definite thing so take information witha grain of salt until there is definite confirmation please... cuz just spreading mis-information isnt helpful.
  • tek1nig
    Also about 90% of any chinese translation you read is wrong. This is not a definite thing so take information witha grain of salt until there is definite confirmation please... cuz just spreading mis-information isnt helpful.

I have chinese speaking players in my guild who personally translated the words "on the video"

They are the following which i typed in my original post:

Coming Soon to Perfect World < These words are at the top right hand corner of the video - and the flashing text is the following:

New Skills, New Bosses, New classes, All new Game Engine - Translation done by Vyrrg of the BankaiGOD's Dawn Glory Server
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    tek1nig wrote: »

I have chinese speaking players in my guild who personally translated the words "on the video"

They are the following which i typed in my original post:

Coming Soon to Perfect World < These words are at the top right hand corner of the video - and the flashing text is the following:

New Skills, New Bosses, New classes, All new Game Engine - Translation done by Vyrrg of the BankaiGOD's Dawn Glory Server

Regardless, they also mention the november 8 beta, and there's been a different newspost in the past about that specific beta already showing off some graphics, which is definitely not any new engine.
    Sure they are working on it, but this could all just be pre-rendered ****.

I really doubt they will go from what they have now to an action-combat MMO with UE like graphics. That would need the entire game to be remade. You can't just take your game and shove it into a new engine.

I'm also leaning more towards a techdemo / pre-rendered thing showing off what they CAN do. But if they are going to actually implement what we see in the video? That seems unlikely.

Any engine upgrade would be welcome and is not unheard of, but a massive change of everything, they might as well release it as a new game, call it perfect world 3.0 and have everyone start over

tiger-18.gif

I suppose we will see Soon™​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    As far as I heard, they test new engine for some other future games. And "Perfect World" can stand for "Perfect World Beijing", which means not this particular game, but the developer of many games. Like Perfect World Entertainment is the company which localizes many games, and Perfect World International is just one of those games.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    As far as I heard, they test new engine for some other future games. And "Perfect World" can stand for "Perfect World Beijing", which means not this particular game, but the developer of many games. Like Perfect World Entertainment is the company which localizes many games, and Perfect World International is just one of those games.

Hmmm, at the end of the video they do specifically show w2i.wanmei.com though, and that is their perfect world game site. Their Perfect World site itself is just wanmei.com

Still, I agree that this probably won't be in our actual game.

Else i'd have to give them some insane mad props for pulling that off.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    I'd be seriously amazed if they adapt to a newer engine. The one in question seems a tad TOO different, it would mean the task itself should be a lot more costly than adapting to a newer version of the current one.

Mah emoney is on no changes and sticking to their current strategy of milking the cow, until the cow drops dead.

We have a joke in Romania abt this guy who bought a horse and put it to work. Now, the horse was all fine and good, but our guy has no money left cuz he went for the most expensive one (his neighbours need to envy him of course). He thinks he should put the horse on diet to maximize his profits. It all works fine until he realizes that the horse is so flexible in its diet requirements, that he might aswell stop feeding the ****. After 7 days of no eating, horse finally drops dead. Our guy then thinks to himself: Hot damn! Why did he have to die now when he had finally gotten used to no eating policy!

Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • iliad#1359
    iliad#1359 Posts: 37 Arc User
    ^ perfect world if they were farmers
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    As far as I heard, they test new engine for some other future games. And "Perfect World" can stand for "Perfect World Beijing", which means not this particular game, but the developer of many games. Like Perfect World Entertainment is the company which localizes many games, and Perfect World International is just one of those games.​​

If you can read Chinese, Wanmei Shijie is referred to Perfect World, the company, in China. While Wanmei Goji is referred to the MMO Perfect World. Wanmei Goji (完美国际) and Wanmei Shijie (完美世界) is translated to the same Perfect World in english. And yes, that logo at the end of the video gives it a huge hint and a sure sign that it is for Perfect World Online. I mean, why would they showcase this new engine on a certain game and not just put the company's logo at the end, but instead it was teased and unveiled at Perfect World Online's anniversary celebration in china last week... hmmm
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Isn't PW still very popular in China? If so, then perhaps an engine upgrade is worth it for them rather than just making a new game that may not reach the same level of popularity as, I assume, several players would not want to start over. On the other hand, a new game based on PW could attract a lot of new players and allow everyone to start over on equal terms.
    I'm fine with whatever happens as long as they give Venomancers a pretty model in the new engine. monkey-37.gif But I am honestly really curious to see our current game with new graphics.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Eh I think PW would die out in this hemisphere if they started us all out again. A lot of the reason people stick around now is for memories or they feel they need to get their money's worth.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    eirghan wrote: »
    Eh I think PW would die out in this hemisphere if they started us all out again. A lot of the reason people stick around now is for memories or they feel they need to get their money's worth.

Still like playing the game.​​
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    I wonder what the New classes will be like, their roles, what buff they will have, the balance, the only class additions that I don't really mind are from Earthguard. I hate Fish and Nightshades.