Kniraven's 17 Skill PvP Stun Lock Combination

Options
daymond
daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Arigora Colosseum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP1Wx_PAkzY

Roar: - (1.8 seconds Cast Time & 6 second stun+disarm)
Drake Ray, Ferocious Leap, Ocean's Edge: - (combined total of 3 seconds channel+cast)
Dragon Rising: - (0.4 seconds Channel + 1.5 seconds Cast Time & 6 Seconds Paralyze)
Ferocious Leap, Ocean's Edge: - (combined total of 2.3 seconds channel+cast)
River Avalanche: - (0.4 seconds Channel + 1.8 seconds Cast Time & 55% chance to stun 3 seconds)
Smack+Whirlwind: - (0.2 seconds Channel + 1.7 seconds Cast Time & 3 Seconds Seal+Freeze [0.2 sec gap if Avalanche failed])
Roar: - (0.6 seconds Channel + 1.8 seconds Cast Time & 6 second stun+disarm)
Drake Ray, Ferocious Leap, Ocean's Edge: - (combined total of 3 seconds channel+cast)
Dragon Rising: - (0.4 seconds Channel + 1.5 seconds Cast Time & 6 Seconds Paralyze)
River Avalanche: - (0.4 seconds Channel + 1.8 seconds Cast Time & 55% chance to stun 3 seconds)

Less than 1/2 the time, there will be a less than 1/4 a second opening after already locking opponent down and hitting them seven times.

More than half the time it will hit 15 times while your opponent can do nothing, and heaven help them should they miss their less than 1/4 a second opportunity in every other case. ^^​​
alFcxeg.png
www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
Post edited by daymond on

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Taking the ''Stun'' out of Stun lock.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Wtf that's not even a stun lock. Even qontroL can lock better than that.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    Options
    daymond wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP1Wx_PAkzY​​

If this isn't a troll vid I almost feel sorry you have been playing for this long without knowing the basics of your class.
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What combinations do you use?
    This combination utilizes a blademasters quickest skills to get more attacks in per stun/paralyze.
    The skills used let you stun your opponent a split second before the previous stun/paralyze ends.
    There are no gaps, and it can only be stopped by a genie or as result of you missing.​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • capnk
    Options
    There are no gaps​​

Starting with skill 9 your opponent can just walk away from you, throwing off the rest of your combo. And good luck with this setup against a class with purify.
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Skill #9 is Smack.
    You couple it with Whirlwind the genie skill to prevent movement on top of seal.
    So yeah, there are no gaps.

Purify Proc is not an issue during Roar because it disarms the opponent so they have no purify proc.
    Paralyze can not be broken by purify, but it is true that if purify were to proc during skills 7, 8, or 9 roar would be interrupted. Those are the only 3 skills in the entire combo where a purify proc could hurt you though.

If that wasn't the case, then this would be a class imbalance and BMs would be very overpowered.
    When your lock is broken due to an inopportune purify, you simply reset the combo.​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • capnk
    Options
    Yet you didn't use Whirlwind in your demonstration video, so you're not showing that it's something you instinctively use to continue your lock. If you're waiting to see if your opponent runs away before you hit Whirlwind, it's too late by that point.
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    What combinations do you use?
    This combination utilizes a blademasters quickest skills to get more attacks in per stun/paralyze.
    The skills used let you stun your opponent a split second before the previous stun/paralyze ends.
    There are no gaps, and it can only be stopped by a genie or as result of you missing.​​

You are not using all your quickest skills, there is a skill you don't use that is quicker and does more damage than skill #4.
    Skill #8 is only 55% chance to stun so your opponent can just walk away if it fails.
    The only reason why you can "reset the combo" after every fail stun lock is because your opponent is too stupid to make use of the gap with leap or counter stun. You even do a normal attack at 01:16. And that's supposed to be a guide ? lol.
    You are the laughing stock of the server :D
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    You are not using all your quickest skills, there is a skill you don't use that is quicker and does more damage than skill #4.
    Skill #8 is only 55% chance to stun so your opponent can just walk away if it fails.
    The only reason why you can "reset the combo" after every fail stun lock is because your opponent is too stupid to make use of the gap with leap or counter stun. You even do a normal attack at 01:16. And that's supposed to be a guide ? lol.
    You are the laughing stock of the server :D

You are right that Army Crusher is faster than Skill #4 Ocean's Edge, however:
    - Ocean's Edge slows the opponent and as a Sage it also gives me a chance to freeze
    - Ocean's Edge is also still fast enough that I can use it before the chain breaks.

Skill #8 is supplementary and not a necessity. You can continue the lock just fine w/ only 00.2 sec delay even if it fails using smack as paralyze ends. If #8 is successful though (As it will be the majority of the time) it buys you a little bit more breathing room for the next roar. ie: The combo still works without it, the chain does not break if it fails, but it is easier and longer when it succeeds.

Normal Attack at 01:16 is me making an error.
    Everyone makes mistakes. :)

What combination do YOU use?​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    You are right that Army Crusher is faster than Skill #4 Ocean's Edge, however:
    - Ocean's Edge slows the opponent and as a Sage it also gives me a chance to freeze
    - Ocean's Edge is also still fast enough that I can use it before the chain breaks.

Skill #8 is supplementary and not a necessity. You can continue the lock just fine even if it fails and still use smack before paralyze ends. If #8 is successful though (As it will be the majority of the time) it buys you a little bit more breathing room for the next roar. ie: The combo still works without it, the chain does not break if it fails, but i8t is easier and longer when it succeeds.

Normal Attack at 01:16 is me making an error.
    Everyone makes mistakes. :)

What combination do YOU use?​​

Paralyze would last this long only if your were demon. In your vid you can see that paralyze ends during the unreliable stun. If the stun fails (which will happen 45% of the time) you are stuck in the skill animation for almost 2 seconds and the opponent can walk away, leap, use antistun, control you... before you can smack.
    But keep playing like that. Every server need his clown. :)
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Paralyze lasts 6 seconds.
    1.5 is wasted in cast time.
    Ferocious Leap: Channel + Cast = 1 second
    Ocean's Edge: Channel + Cast = 1.3 seconds
    River Avalanche: Channel is 0.4 seconds. even if it fails cast is only 1.8 seconds.
    Smack: Channel is 0.2 seconds.

On the 45% chance that River Avalanche fails, your opponent has 00.2 seconds (Less than a quarter of a second) to channel/cast something before being sealed.

So, I suppose you found my one great weakness:
    Less than 1/2 the time, Kniraven will have a less than 1/4 a second opening after already locking you down and hitting you seven times.

Beware though notafox ;) Because more than half the time I'll hit you 15 times while you can do nothing, and heaven help you should you miss your less than 1/4 a second opportunity in every other case. ^^

I'm still waiting after asking several times,
    Can you propose a better combo for me which I ought adopt?​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Not going to watch the video or comment on any other comments;

But unless this is heavily focused on paralyze, I don't really see any way for it to work, because paralyze is the only thing that will completely lock someone down.

Stun itself is easily countered, and good luck having this ever work properly against a sin. yes, i went there.
    Then there's also purify spell (again, it would have to heavily rely on paralyze, the one that can't be purified in any way).

Nice gimmick though, I suppose.​ I can't really imagine with the current state of the game when you would ever need this or when it would be useful.
    Unless you go full joe mode and proceed to claim the only pvp that matters is self buffed 1v1 pvp.
    tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I would advise playing defensively vs Assassins while they have Tidal Protection up, only making use of Roar & River Avalanche as they have very low chi cost and thus you aren't losing much when they fail. As soon as tidal is gone, this lock is perfectly viable. ^^

As for purify proc, that is a non issue after Roar is used.
    Roar disarms the opponent and without a weapon there is no purify proc.
    In fact, Roar works even better than paralyze because of this! ^^

Combo is as follows:

Roar: - (1.8 seconds Cast Time & 6 second stun+disarm)
    Smack+Whirlwind: - (0.2 seconds Channel + 1.7 seconds Cast Time & 3 Seconds Seal+Freeze [0.2 sec gap if Avalanche failed])
    Roar: - (0.6 seconds Channel + 1.8 seconds Cast Time & 6 second stun+disarm)
    River Avalanche: - (0.4 seconds Channel + 1.8 seconds Cast Time & 55% chance to stun 3 seconds)​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    I would advise playing defensively vs Assassins while they have Tidal Protection up, only making use of Roar & River Avalanche as they have very low chi cost and thus you aren't losing much when they fail. As soon as tidal is gone, this lock is perfectly viable. ^^

As for purify proc, that is a non issue after Roar is used.
    Roar disarms the opponent and without a weapon there is no purify proc.
    In fact, Roar works even better than paralyze because of this! ^^
    Oh roar disarms now? Haven't really been looking at the last few updates.
    Then it's a different story yeah
    tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• notanyfox#3644
    Options
    Paralyze lasts 6 seconds.
    Ferocious Leap: Channel + Cast = 1 second
    Ocean's Edge: Channel + Cast = 1.3 seconds
    River Avalanche: Channel + Cast = 2.2 seconds
    Smack: Channel + Cast = 1.9 seconds

On the 45% chance that River Avalanche fails, your opponent has 0.4 seconds (Less than half a second) to channel/cast something before being sealed.

So, I suppose you found my one great weakness:
    Less than 1/2 the time, Kniraven will have a less than 1/2 a second opening after already locking you down and hitting you seven times.

Beware though notafox ;) Because more than half the time I'll hit you 15 times while you can do nothing, and heaven help you should you miss your less than 1/2 a second opportunity in every other case. ^^

I'm still waiting after asking several times,
    Can you propose a better combo for me which I ought adopt?

lol.
    Dragon rising has 1.5 second cast time, there goes 1/4 of your paralyze time. The 3 next skills should take 4.5 seconds together but you ignore the inter-cast time so they actually take longer. And judging by your terrible vids you have no idea how to skip inter-cast time.
    You can watch your vid in slow motion. The opening is longer than 0.4 second.
    You don't even live up to the name of Syntheros of TT server. :/
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cast time does not occur after skills go into effect, it occurs before.
    Even if it did occur before, that would shave 1.7 seconds off of Smack and mean that the combination was even faster than i originally said and now you only have 0.2 seconds to stop me 45% the time, so congratulations.

EDIT: I tested cast vs channel time slowing down footage of skills.
    You are right that cast time occurs after effect/damage come into play but that revelation is actually in my favor not yours. So, thank you. I have updated the combination description to reflect this.

I have asked now several times for a better combination proposal. What might I adopt?​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    Cast time does not occur after skills go into effect, it occurs before.
    It is really funny that you do not know this and you are trying to critique the combination.​​

Channel time occurs before skill effect/damage. Cast time occurs after skill effect/damage.
    Even a denying hypocrite like Joe would admit this. Even your vid shows dragon rising paralize expire before the end of river avalanche animation. That's enough to break your lock.

You don't need to know it though. No one is asking you to learn the game. Cashshop an auto-potter and an HP charm every once in a while. Cashshop yourself some fashion. Keep founding my game. That's all you are here for. :)
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If cast time occurs after skill effect/damage then the combination is even faster silly.
    Smack's 1.7 second cast time would be switched out for Dragon Rising's 1.5​​A

What combination would YOU suggest I adopt?
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    If cast time occurs after skill effect/damage then the combination is even faster silly.
    Smack's 1.7 second cast time would be switched out for Dragon Rising's 1.5​​A

What combination would YOU suggest I adopt?

It's faster in your imagination not in reality. There is a small gap between skills. They don't cast as fast as you think they do. The sum of all the gaps between the skills under paralyze can reach almost a second which is long enough for the opponent to react.

I posted here only to show that you don't know how to stunlock and don't know how to play in general either. I'm not here to educate monkeys. :p
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    Options
    It's faster in your imagination not in reality. There is a small gap between skills. They don't cast as fast as you think they do. The sum of all the gaps between the skills under paralyze can reach almost a second which is long enough for the opponent to react.

I believe you are mistaking your own latency for a game mechanic.
    The channel/cast duration functions as described.
    I posted here only to show that you don't know how to stunlock and don't know how to play in general either. I'm not here to educate monkeys. :p

So, you are literally here to trash talk and/or put me down without offering anything constructive to the topic.
    Let me know when you have an alternative superior combination you think I ought to adopt. I am always open to improving myself. Have a good day.
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    I believe you are mistaking your own latency for a game mechanic.
    The channel/cast duration functions as described.

Even with the best possible ping, there is a gap between skills unless, like I said before, you do specific things you ignore to get around it. Channel/cast function as described but there is an extra short duration between skills.

Any base -99% channel cleric for example, can tell you they cast much less than 60 cyclones per minute, no matter the latency.
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Look, I'm done listening to your private server skill sender h¤ck cr¤p which isnt even applicable in pwi.

There's no programmed delay between skills. You're talking about a third party h¤ck to skip client processes. You use a client function called SendPacket for sending off combo's automatically without latency because it changes the order things are processed skipping all the client checks and sending your skills straight to serverside.

Its pretty much impossible to be as fast as someone with a skill sender but that only applies when someone has close to 100% channeling. My skills don't have to send instantaneously because my skills don't cast in a fraction of a second because I'm not playing on a janky broken private server.

In PWI, if I hit a skill while the previous is still casting, it automatically queues it.

Go back to epic.

Your p server meta doesn't apply here
    alFcxeg.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    did you even read what notanyfox wrote.​​
  • daymond
    Options
    chary wrote: »
    did you even read what notanyfox wrote.
    Yep
    you have no idea how to skip inter-cast time.
    there is a gap between skills unless, like I said before, you do specific things you ignore to get around it.
    -99% channel cleric for example, can tell you they cast much less than 60 cyclones per minute, no matter the latency.
    He's talking about a 3rd party bot ppl use in private servers to send information directly to the client and skip client processes.
    It is completely irrelevant unless you're using an instant cast/channel character such as his example.​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    Look, I'm done listening to your private server skill sender h¤ck cr¤p which isnt even applicable in pwi.

There's no programmed delay between skills. You're talking about a third party h¤ck to skip client processes. You use a client function called SendPacket for sending off combo's automatically without latency because it changes the order things are processed skipping all the client checks and sending your skills straight to serverside.

Its pretty much impossible to be as fast as someone with a skill sender but that only applies when someone has close to 100% channeling. My skills don't have to send instantaneously because my skills don't cast in a fraction of a second because I'm not playing on a janky broken private server.

In PWI, if I hit a skill while the previous is still casting, it automatically queues it.

Go back to epic.

Your p server meta doesn't apply here

I'm not talking about private servers or 3rd party program.
    -99% channel is possible on PWI and I only took the example of an instant-cast cleric casting cyclones over 1 min because it is easy to explain. Your bm skills have low or no channeling too.

When you spark, how many skills can you cast on a NPC in the 15 seconds before the spark buff disappears ? you think 15 because your skills have channel+cast = 1 second in average ? Try in game and you will realize it is less. The time spent casting a skill chain is higher than the sum of the channel and cast of the skills.

The method used to skip gap between skills only relies on in-game actions and it is harder to do for skills with no channel. But what am I explaining... I don't want monkeys to learn the game. :p

Syntheros of TT server, no one is asking you to understand. You're just supposed to CS to keep my game free. :)
    Make yourself some Knights T-shirts with your face on it, you will feel better. :D
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • daymond
    Options
    Who is this Syntheros person you keep talking about?​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • capnk
    Options
    They're referring to cancel-casting, which is cancelling a skill during its channeling time to skip the channeling animation. In the old days this let you use skills with no chi cost, but they fixed that aspect of it. It can still be used to attack more quickly than normal. There are a number of ways to do it, the Escape key is one way.

Syntheros is the leader of BankaiGod, the joke faction of Dawnglory. Just as Knights is the joke faction of Twilight Temple. Good job defeating Meteora for that title btw.
  • daymond
    Options
    Cancel casting back when it actually worked canceled not just the chi cost but also the damage of a skill.
    It still prevents the damage of the skill and doesn't function for anything currently other than you know, canceling the skill.
    You can't escape out of cast animation or any made-up between skill buffering period.​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • notanyfox#3644
    Options
    The point of "Cancel casting" was to get the buff from a skill without spending the cast time or chi cost. It doesn't speed up the skills. It's not what I'm refering to.

Syntheros of TT server, you have been playing the game for 8 (?) years without understanding the mechanics. It's nice to see you're willing to learn after 8 years. But the sole purpose of your existence is to CS, get rekt and make others laugh. :)
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • capnk
    Options
    It still prevents the damage of the skill.​​

No, you can skip animations and still get full damage. The timing is picky so it's not terribly practical for actual combat, but it exists.