Sharp frames per second drop

Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Support Desk
Hello,

I have lived with this for a while but I know my system shouldn't have this issue and I remember more than a year ago it didn't experience this.

The issue with my frames is when I am in high populated areas it will drop down to 5 - 10 Frames per second. This is something that is becoming a very huge issue for me when it comes to mass PVP and TW / NW. Its affected all facets of my PVP.

I play with full graphics. But this issue persists even if I have it set on low graphics.

Here is my dxdiag report:
http://pastebin.com/1Hbx7LSU

And my Speccy report:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HxDIHU4msOAUhjcv2kFITB1

I haven't tried anything specifically to fix it but lets see where we can go with all the experience you guys have in this topic monkey-40.gif
​​
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    **** engine won't run properly on any machine, so your specs really don't matter.
    The fact that they keep adding more and more to the game without updating the engine doesn't help either.

Needs a better and newer engine, which is something they said they are working on 3 years ago.
    It's all NDA and behind closed doors.

Read: likely to never see the light of days because we're too busy crapping out more grind content.

>64gb ram
    Are you using ramdisks, or just caching way too much?
    tiger-18.gif hopefully ramdisks
    But that's besides the point​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tek1nig
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    **** engine won't run properly on any machine, so your specs really don't matter.
    The fact that they keep adding more and more to the game without updating the engine doesn't help either.

Needs a better and newer engine, which is something they said they are working on 3 years ago.

Read: likely to never see the light of days because we're too busy crapping out more grind content.

>64gb ram
    But that's besides the point

I am not using Ramdisks. That is the native unmodified amount of physical system Ram that I have.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dblazen1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »

>64gb ram

I am not using Ramdisks. That is the native unmodified amount of physical system Ram that I have.

Yeah I get that, I know what RAM is, that's not what ramdisks are.
    To put it bluntly and short and simple without technical info: ramdisks use your physical ram as a (sort of) harddisk, it's super fast (just imagine loading speeds).

Try looking it up, as I doubt you will ever fully use 64GB of ram unless you run a ton of virtual machines and keep a gazillion tabs open in your browser.
    It's fun to toy with, but it won't help out with PWI a lot. Sylen tested it a while ago, had some improvement but over time it went back to minimal gain.

Either way, China needs to do the engine rework they promised.
    >implying that will ever happen​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• tek1nig
    edited September 2016
    Options

>64gb ram

I am not using Ramdisks. That is the native unmodified amount of physical system Ram that I have.

Yeah I get that, I know what RAM is, that's not what ramdisks are.
    To put it bluntly and short and simple without technical info: ramdisks use your physical ram as a (sort of) harddisk, it's super fast (just imagine loading speeds).

Try looking it up, as I doubt you will ever fully use 64GB of ram unless you run a ton of virtual machines and keep a gazillion tabs open in your browser.
    It's fun to toy with, but it won't help out with PWI a lot. Sylen tested it a while ago, had some improvement but over time it went back to minimal gain.

Either way, China needs to do the engine rework they promised.
    >implying that will ever happen

I know what ramdisk's are. I simply stated i'm using native ram only. Also, I custom built my machine for my needs. I utilize many different rendering applicaitons which sap up all my ram. So it fits its needs. I did not build this computer for perfect world. But As it stands it should work much better is all I know.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dblazen1
    Options
    I know what ramdisk's are. I simply stated i'm using native ram only. Also, I custom built my machine for my needs. I utilize many different rendering applicaitons which sap up all my ram. So it fits its needs. I did not build this computer for perfect world. But As it stands it should work much better is all I know.​​
    Hmno it shouldn't because again; the engine of the game is ****. You can run it on a nasa computer and it'd still run like balls.
    It should run better when they use a different engine instead of this relic made for toasters, but until then, don't expect it to run better.
    The only thing that will help it run better is a CPU that's really, really powerful in single core applications.
    And the CPU you have is a really great one at that, so that's the least of you problem.

Unless china does anything to actually update your engine, all of us are out of luck for better performance.
    Jws3dXe.gif

• tek1nig
    Options
    I know what ramdisk's are. I simply stated i'm using native ram only. Also, I custom built my machine for my needs. I utilize many different rendering applicaitons which sap up all my ram. So it fits its needs. I did not build this computer for perfect world. But As it stands it should work much better is all I know.
    Hmno it shouldn't because again; the engine of the game is ****. You can run it on a nasa computer and it'd still run like balls.
    It should run better when they use a different engine instead of this relic made for toasters, but until then, don't expect it to run better.
    The only thing that will help it run better is a CPU that's really, really powerful in single core applications.
    And the CPU you have is a really great one at that, so that's the least of you problem.

Unless china does anything to actually update your engine, all of us are out of luck for better performance.

Well my issue is that when i installed the game on this rig is went amazingly fast with likt 60FPS in mass PVP. And I can't quite put my finger on what is causing the slow down.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    Options
    @SylenThunder - Sanctuary Any ideas ? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @arspaulina#4310 Does anyone moderate Technical Support anymore?
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    Options
    Hii syth my friend :) You cant fix this FPS drop because its simpely PWI being a dck and not wanting to upgrade their engine :) Because it would cost them money to do so :) Instead of getting a new engine they are adding more and more things to PWI what makes it even worse yaaaaay
  • tek1nig
    Options
    creysero wrote: »
    Hii syth my friend :) You cant fix this FPS drop because its simpely PWI being a dck and not wanting to upgrade their engine :) Because it would cost them money to do so :) Instead of getting a new engine they are adding more and more things to PWI what makes it even worse yaaaaay

Well, I hear 2 people saying that. But technically speaking it was running superb for the first 6 months so I came here to help identify what changed monkey-11.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dblazen1
    Options
    creysero wrote: »

Well, I hear 2 people saying that. But technically speaking it was running superb for the first 6 months so I came here to help identify what changed monkey-11.gif
    ​​

Updates and added content, along with (possibly) your filesystem getting a bit more cluttered over time and/or more processes running (shouldn't matter that much though)
    That's the only thing I can think of.
    Jws3dXe.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Nope, it's mostly me. Sorry it's been a while, but working 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week for the past few months leaves me precious little time to visit the forum lately. I don't think I've even logged into the game in almost a month on any character. Luckily we're almost done with the company split, so things are starting to cool down a bit.

Spec-wise, you shouldn't be having much of an issue outside of the fact that the client won't use any of it. The Ram Disk idea is neat when you have that much spare RAM, but in testing it barely benefits the game at all outside of increasing loading times when teleporting ect. If you run the client on an SSD, it's the exact same performance of a Ram Disk.
    I think there is a newer driver from Nvidia, but that's really only going to help newer games like Ark, or something very system intense like a Unity game similar to 7DTD or Landmark.

Try turning off Stardock when playing, and don't forget to run the client/Arc with admin credentials. (Don't set any other compatibility mode options.)

Oh, exclude the client from MB-AM. Also, it's not a great idea to have MB-AM and SuperAntiSpyware running at the same time. Leave one active, and set the other to only run scheduled scans. If they are both active, they tend to step on each others toes and cause instability.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • tek1nig
    Options
    Nope, it's mostly me. Sorry it's been a while, but working 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week for the past few months leaves me precious little time to visit the forum lately. I don't think I've even logged into the game in almost a month on any character. Luckily we're almost done with the company split, so things are starting to cool down a bit.

Spec-wise, you shouldn't be having much of an issue outside of the fact that the client won't use any of it. The Ram Disk idea is neat when you have that much spare RAM, but in testing it barely benefits the game at all outside of increasing loading times when teleporting ect. If you run the client on an SSD, it's the exact same performance of a Ram Disk.
    I think there is a newer driver from Nvidia, but that's really only going to help newer games like Ark, or something very system intense like a Unity game similar to 7DTD or Landmark.

Try turning off Stardock when playing, and don't forget to run the client/Arc with admin credentials. (Don't set any other compatibility mode options.)

Oh, exclude the client from MB-AM. Also, it's not a great idea to have MB-AM and SuperAntiSpyware running at the same time. Leave one active, and set the other to only run scheduled scans. If they are both active, they tend to step on each others toes and cause instability.

Ok I disabled stardoc as i don't really use it anymore like i used to and uninstalled SuperAntiSpyware for now until i need it.
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg