• cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    He forgot to come to Tideswell...

he was there impossible to get anything though :(

• erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Thats why im not bothering with the event. Looks fun but chaotic.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Twilight Temple had the best pk ever yesterday. We need more Gm pvp events like this cause pk is dead on that server.

I think this should be a permanent event. @orinj What do you think :3

• doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    why would you need a gm to have pk? the event was suppsoed to be pking the GM yet they were immune. so how the **** you gunna ahve a gm pk event when they arent even killable. to have mass pk we dont need a gm who barely shows their face as it is walking among us. and im glad the non pkrs got drops cause it wasnt so much on the pk side. next time you have a gm pk event make sure the gms can actually be attacked. he 9 million plus life (non buffed) shoulda been plenty. who cares that the wpn can one hit anyone.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Oh we're not going to make it easy for everyone, the easy part is when we run around the city dropping goodies! You want to get shiny things from killing us we'll make you earn it. :)
  • forbiddenwords
    forbiddenwords Posts: 321 Arc User
    Options
    doods00 wrote: »
    why would you need a gm to have pk? the event was suppsoed to be pking the GM yet they were immune. so how the **** you gunna ahve a gm pk event when they arent even killable. to have mass pk we dont need a gm who barely shows their face as it is walking among us. and im glad the non pkrs got drops cause it wasnt so much on the pk side. next time you have a gm pk event make sure the gms can actually be attacked. he 9 million plus life (non buffed) shoulda been plenty. who cares that the wpn can one hit anyone.

Assuming there are 10-20+ end game geared PKers out there (like it was on Etherblade), the GM would be dead in no time without the immunity thing, so it's just gonna end up in a gank fest with 100 people chasing a GM all over West Gate like headless chickens. People see a GM and go ballistic like it's a UFO, no way you can have an organized event like that so it pretty much ruins the fun for both parties because it's just super chaotic...At least that's just my (unpopular?) opinion
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
    ☆ Pixel ♥ Heart ☆ Etherblade ☆
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    @thenamesdomino logged on in the middle of a slaughter on Twilight Temple. By the way why did you guys decide to not livestream it, too many issues?
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    As with most of the streams we do if theres tons of players online it can crash our feed
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    will the log in promo sucked cause it doesn't work poor orinj i hope he still has all his hair from frustration with the mailing system lol how about a code for the following epic anniversary code
    1.Ax2 chest
    2.all class parrot pet
    3.veno mother of the pack battle pet
    4. x10 profoundry scrolls
    5. some kinda perm fash pack

one per account pls dont abuse this code

Happy anniversary all
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    Options
    Why can't we just have the event be the time it takes you to kill a GM fully healed determines the prize the whole server gets. Because this just turned into mass pk outside sz which is fun and all but impossible to get any prizes. Basically the GM will spawn with max hp outside sz and he will time how long it takes for us to kill him. If we get 1st place across all server everyone on the server wins something like 10x B-S packs, all class pet, some other items, 2nd place/3rd place/4th place get other prizes. This way everyone can work together as a server for one. Another is the people who can't attend the event times can also gain a prize. Of course all items should be account/character bound to avoid abuse.

Most of us have jobs from 9-5... and can't attend this event at such a ridiculous time on the west coast. It is very unfair that the east coasters and EU players always get the handicap cause of their timezone.
  • blinkmuch
    blinkmuch Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    basically a fun event, the fact that at least ytd theres been more ppl in pk overall is a plus as well

just wish thered be a different option to get stuff given both in pk and in archo at least i lag so much that theres no way in hell id ever be able to pick anything with 50+ ppl spampicking the item(s) :'(
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Options
    I liked smoke over arch, that tree event u make a wish under, and monkey quest (which also spawns the invite a friend quest ) really could use ways to get inkdragons , since I work always at rw timeor at least make them make able with lucky coins.

Also why did they take hidden dragon's den out of the game loved that place ?
    Vae Victis.
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @blinkmuch Optimization Settings (last button above your HP), select "Only display your own model". Or "Important players only", but you'll still see the catshops.

And btw, wasn't it supposed to be today too? GM didn't show up on Tideswell.
    He was last night tho...
  • thenamesdomino
    Options
    Tideswell should be jumping off in 10 minutes, Sorry for the delay we have sick admins and the rest of us have heavy work loads today! You guys will be getting the full hour so not to worry, the goodies are coming
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    Thanks DomiGod. Was fun.
  • xlayon
    xlayon Posts: 80 Arc User
    Options
    So todays event was interesting. Some jack*** dropped 1 coin piles, everywhere the GM went. Other then that & most people not getting anything it was fun.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    As expected the PK only lasted 1 day :(

@thenamesdomino for tomorrow u shud try a world wide hide-n-seek, like kinda u did on Twilight Temple today but you hide anywhere in the world! We'll find you, dont think we wont ;) But the hide-n-seek was fun!
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Options
    Twilight Temple had the best pk ever yesterday. We need more Gm pvp events like this cause pk is dead on that server.

PK dead on TT? Probably because Hoorah needs to field 2x numbers to signet gank other factions. And then you have lackey factions like Corvinus, Obsolete and Origin stacking the gankwagon.

You can strut around dropping items as a WB since that was effectively what you did anyway. Anything else is just bait for griefers.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    Lag spike couldnt pick up damn thing and some jerk was dropping 1 coin drops grrrrrr i want mother of the pack battle pet
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    aensidhe wrote: »

PK dead on TT? Probably because Hoorah needs to field 2x numbers to signet gank other factions. And then you have lackey factions like Corvinus, Obsolete and Origin stacking the gankwagon.

You can strut around dropping items as a WB since that was effectively what you did anyway. Anything else is just bait for griefers.

Ofc you conveniently forget the countless times Vindicate brought double numbers or ganked a few hoorahs with entire squads or the many times Vindicate, Vengeful, Knights and Origin all fought against Hoorah and 3-4 Obsolete. And if your gonna count 1 person of another faction as the entire faction stacking the gankwagon then Vindicate has even more allies!
    Oh sorry I forgot only Hoorah kills PK the evil guys who bully pure, innocent Vindicate and their friends that never did anything wrong :(
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    Options
    Oh we're not going to make it easy for everyone, the easy part is when we run around the city dropping goodies! You want to get shiny things from killing us we'll make you earn it. :)

Where i cannot confirm this but i do believe the "Foe System" can be abused when you do the "hide and seek" games. I wouldnt say thats all too player friendly but i maybe oh so very wrong. But i found it odd that the same person found you at the same time twice on TT server.
  • forbiddenwords
    Options
    @laiwaisan Try using these settings next time, they really help with the lag and makes it so much easier to spot items on the ground

9k9ndd.png
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • xlayon
    xlayon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Event starts in an hour, would be nice if more of us non pvp players could get a nice drop. Just saying.
  • davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options

yea but u lost in xtw against 60vs60 so don't know what ur excuse is on that

• zain1234
    zain1234 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options

LOL vindicate has like 2 factions (vengeful, knights) to assist and fight Hoorah dont embarrass yourself, i dislike people who lie and make up false rumours. We have pk daily on TT Server and its pretty sad how some Vindicate members resort to forums to try throw a little hate in Hoorahs way. Its sad and pathetic. Also we dont signet gank factions, we only do that to your faction Vindicate. RIP dirty lil vindi. have a nice day all ;)

• sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have to say the event was fun. Here is a suggestion if you are doing something like this again.(Hope you are!)
    In the old days...yes, yes I've been around a long time. Anyways in those days when PWI was still young we had GMs come and spawn world bosses for us to defeat. Of couse in those days a World Boss ment something, not like now when people can solo them. In those days it would take a few factions with more then just one squad to kill a world boss. And amazyingly they would DROP STUFF!
    So my suggestion? Spawn some world boss like back in the glory days! Have them drop cool and useful items. And you could even named them for factions. One GM did that and it was fun killing the big factions "pet" world bosses. :D
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    This event sucks and kinda just alienates non op people in the pk portion of it and the lag spikes even with forbiddenwords config which by the way is awesome for daily arc travel but for this even it was like ouch and there was 1 coin droppers grrrrrr

I will put in suggestion thread of a better and fair Gm event in the suggestion area all this event is heartbreak players and puts a sour taste in your mouth.

Ps mother of the pack i was told was not allowed in our version of pwi GM that spawn it was terminated im happy you changed it but i believe gms can actually spawn the none tame version to be tamed by venous why not just put the mob in game and dont tell me you cant do that cause i watch you guys spawn nosta for that supply crate miss hap
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    This event sucks and kinda just alienates non op people in the pk portion of it and the lag spikes even with forbiddenwords config which by the way is awesome for daily arc travel but for this even it was like ouch and there was 1 coin droppers grrrrrr

I will put in suggestion thread of a better and fair Gm event in the suggestion area all this event is heartbreak players and puts a sour taste in your mouth.

Ps mother of the pack i was told was not allowed in our version of pwi GM that spawn it was terminated im happy you changed it but i believe gms can actually spawn the none tame version to be tamed by venous why not just put the mob in game and dont tell me you cant do that cause i watch you guys spawn nosta for that supply crate miss hap

Well first of...wow run on sentance much?! Find a period and a comma please, that was hard to read. O.o
    Also, lifes not fair. Not everyone can win, not ever one will get a reward! And in game as in life we can't all be OP. (OP in real life is rich btw.) Life lesson you should really learn.
    I was lucky on the last day and got some coin, and I'm very grateful for that by the way. Any coin will help me work on gear and my homestead and since farming in game has gotten harder this was a nice treat for me.
    As for the 1 coin drops, well I know that the GM on our server was very playful, so if he did that it was all in fun. But I also know some people dropped 1 coin to mess with other players. Again, all in fun.
    And the Rare Veno pet? Well I think it's great. I mean it's always nice to have a rare something in game that no one else has. Makes you feel special doesn't it? And no, I didn't not get one!
    It's sort of sad to see so much crying and b-with-an-itching when the GMs did something NICE for us. Can't people just say thank you and leave it at that?!
    Personally I would love to see a "Kill the GM" event once a month randomly on the server. Not the drops perhaps but just the PK part. It was kinda fun to watch and I haven't see so many people PKing in ages!
    Well from me anyways, THANK YOU GMs for the fun. <3

• forbiddenwords
    Options
    I think the idea that @sensualsoul suggested with the boss is actually nice although they've had similar events like that before like the one with the dragon who spawned giant coins and had to kill them for drops (they didnt give anything of value but it's still nice for the lowbies)

On a side note, I think this was an overall good event and I wanna thank all GMs for their efforts. The event was more entertaining on some servers than others because 1) each GM seems to have taken a different approach on it (some did hide-and-seek, some did actual pinatas where you had to kill them for goodies, although it wasn't limited to that) and 2) the community can influence an event a lot. For example on Etherblade on the first 2 days, one faction monopolized West Gate and killed most players in PK who weren't in their faction (which obviously ruined the event for many people), while others were dropping piles of 1 coin to prevent people from picking actual drops the GM was popping (which, again, killed the fun). So if there is anyone you want to blame for the event turning out not-so-good, I suggest blaming your server's community, the GMs did everything in their powers to make it enjoyable for everyone. There were plenty of drops for both PvP and PvE players as well (actually on my server most items were just dropped randomly by the GM so ANYONE can pick them, only a few were from actually killing the GM. So don't get me started on the whole "non-PKers didn't get anything" story).

All in all, it was a fun and fair event imo. If lag, rude people, or your lack of luck makes you think it was an oh so horrible event, that's beyond the GM's control, so find another tree to bark at. There are plenty other events that give useful things (like the currently running Wraith Hunter event and even x2 XP/Drops), if you didn't get anything from this one, it's not the end of the world.

Sorry for my rant and please don't take offence in my words, this wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just saying my thoughts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ​​
    BfYIUJc.png
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    sensualsoul lol