Nether Soulcore Quest

I'm having a bit of trouble. I just finished my Celestial Demon Cultivation, and am a level 101 Veno. However, I can't seem to get the quest from the Lost City Elder to start the chain for enhanced/Spirit Fox Form. I really don't want to have to spend 29 gold to skip the chain. Is there something I missed?
Tagged:

Comments

• ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Have you tried to check the venomancer trainer in Lost?
  • victorinofl
    victorinofl Posts: 8 Arc User
    ailiadrake wrote: »
    Yes, but the quest that she gives is for when you actually have the item to turn in. My problem is that i can't get the quest chain to get the item to start. It's supposed to show up at the Lost City Elder, but he doesn't have it.
  • ailiadrake
    Tried looking at your quest log for any related quest? Maybe you took it without realizing it? The quest should be called "Hero Assembly" for the venomancer. It's weird that it's not there, because I took the quest with my alt veno when I was just sage, and not celestial sage (and wasn't even rebirthed once)

Just to be sure, do you have your sage fox form learned?
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    Yes, but the quest that she gives is for when you actually have the item to turn in. My problem is that i can't get the quest chain to get the item to start. It's supposed to show up at the Lost City Elder, but he doesn't have it.
    Pretty sure at the venomancer trainer should be the quest with 2 options, 1 for cashers, 1 for a normal quest.
  • victorinofl
    Tried looking at your quest log for any related quest? Maybe you took it without realizing it? The quest should be called "Hero Assembly" for the venomancer. It's weird that it's not there, because I took the quest with my alt veno when I was just sage, and not celestial sage (and wasn't even rebirthed once)

Just to be sure, do you have your sage fox form learned?
    I double-checked my quest log, and I never accepted the quest. It isn't under available quests either. I have my Demon Fox Form.
    darkdemen wrote: »
    Pretty sure at the venomancer trainer should be the quest with 2 options, 1 for cashers, 1 for a normal quest.
    I got that quest, but that's only to turn in the item. You're supposed to do the quest chain from the Lost City Elder to get the item, which is a completely different chain.
  • victorinofl
    I've actually heard rumors that there is a bug that doesn't let you start the chain if you've Reawakened. I'm not sure if these rumors are true, but I've summitted a trouble ticket to admins.
  • ailiadrake
    Hmmm. It could be. It wouldn't be the first time that someone encounters a bug in this game (sadly).
    Hope that support can help you with it
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    i did the chain on both my venos at 2nd rb so i cant confirm the bug , but can it may be that u picked the quest at some point and just cant remember it? (atleast that happend to me on my sage veno) - next step would be to go to the NPC > Khatru Pup, in Lost City (where u enter cube). The Chain always ends after talking to the certain npcs so that may caused any troubles, hope u can get it solved :neutral:
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Quest starts at the elder. If its not there then possible khatru pup. If no luck at those two npcs i would check nearby npcs.
    Since they have changed colors of quests so many times since i did it, i cannot tell if the quest is the standard color like normal quests (wouldnt surprise me) or a special color (which would make more sense, but its pwi afterall). Make sure you double check everything.
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Strange! OP if you still haven't found the way to start the quest after all the suggestions here, please let us know!
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • victorinofl
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Quest starts at the elder. If its not there then possible khatru pup. If no luck at those two npcs i would check nearby npcs.
    Since they have changed colors of quests so many times since i did it, i cannot tell if the quest is the standard color like normal quests (wouldnt surprise me) or a special color (which would make more sense, but its pwi afterall). Make sure you double check everything.
    I've definitely double-checked the NPCs, there's no sign of the quest at all.
    spatz1993 wrote: »
    i did the chain on both my venos at 2nd rb so i cant confirm the bug , but can it may be that u picked the quest at some point and just cant remember it? (atleast that happend to me on my sage veno) - next step would be to go to the NPC > Khatru Pup, in Lost City (where u enter cube). The Chain always ends after talking to the certain npcs so that may caused any troubles, hope u can get it solved :neutral:
    I tried to get the quest the day my culti ended, it just didn't show up.
    Strange! OP if you still haven't found the way to start the quest after all the suggestions here, please let us know!
    I'll definitely update here if I can solve this problem.
  • spatz1993
    Did you pick up the quest at trainer where u need to buy the item? - if so trash this one , maybe it blocks you from picking the free quest chain - thats all i can think of now..
  • victorinofl
    Did you pick up the quest at trainer where u need to buy the item? - if so trash this one , maybe it blocks you from picking the free quest chain - thats all i can think of now..

Just tried it, didn't work :/
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I had a similar issue on my barb actually... But in the end I had the quest the whole time. I had progressed through speaking to NPCs in Lost and had a quest to turn in at broken bridge village. My issue was in identifying the correct quest in my log - It was a strange color and was under a title that didn't have anything to do with the transformation, so be sure to clear out your quest log of any side quests that you're not sure what it is anymore..

If this helps, this is the story quest line that goes with the venomancer transform. (You can follow it to the beginning of the chain by clicking the "parent quest" link on the right side through the whole quest chain)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/28095

To be safe check your quest log for all of the following titles:
    -Hero Assembly
    -Not Returning
    -Troubles of the Heart
    -A Call to Action
    -Report to the Elder
    -Explore Clues
    -Friends Past I
    -First Meeting
    -Looking Back I
    -Old Memories
    -Longing
    -Looking Back II
    -Old Memories III
    -Mistakes
    -Looking Back III
    -Old Memories IV
    -Breaking Off
    -Looking Back IV
    -Rallying Cry
    -Captured Traitor
    -Elder's Fury
    -Untamed Faith
    -Reason For Treatury
    -Soullock Bag
    -Bond of Love
    -Escape From Prison
    -Soul Passes Through
    -Soulbind Elixer
    -Spirit Avatar
    -Rend Razor Jaw
    -True Love
    -Revive
    -All In Vain
    -Death
    -End of a Bad Romance (Kill Sanzi the Netherlord)

If you still can't find it feel free to post a screen shot of what you have in your quest log and available quest log and maybe the forum can figure it out? x) Sorry I know it's a bit involved I just know how frustrating that must be. Hopefully we can find out why you can't find the quest!
    ​​
  • victorinofl
    eirghan wrote: »
    I had a similar issue on my barb actually... But in the end I had the quest the whole time. I had progressed through speaking to NPCs in Lost and had a quest to turn in at broken bridge village. My issue was in identifying the correct quest in my log - It was a strange color and was under a title that didn't have anything to do with the transformation, so be sure to clear out your quest log of any side quests that you're not sure what it is anymore..

If this helps, this is the story quest line that goes with the venomancer transform. (You can follow it to the beginning of the chain by clicking the "parent quest" link on the right side through the whole quest chain)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/28095

To be safe check your quest log for all of the following titles:
    -Hero Assembly
    -Not Returning
    -Troubles of the Heart
    -A Call to Action
    -Report to the Elder
    -Explore Clues
    -Friends Past I
    -First Meeting
    -Looking Back I
    -Old Memories
    -Longing
    -Looking Back II
    -Old Memories III
    -Mistakes
    -Looking Back III
    -Old Memories IV
    -Breaking Off
    -Looking Back IV
    -Rallying Cry
    -Captured Traitor
    -Elder's Fury
    -Untamed Faith
    -Reason For Treatury
    -Soullock Bag
    -Bond of Love
    -Escape From Prison
    -Soul Passes Through
    -Soulbind Elixer
    -Spirit Avatar
    -Rend Razor Jaw
    -True Love
    -Revive
    -All In Vain
    -Death
    -End of a Bad Romance (Kill Sanzi the Netherlord)

If you still can't find it feel free to post a screen shot of what you have in your quest log and available quest log and maybe the forum can figure it out? x) Sorry I know it's a bit involved I just know how frustrating that must be. Hopefully we can find out why you can't find the quest!
    ​​

OMG! I'm on A Call to Action! I had no idea that that was part of the quest chain! Thank you so much!!!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Oh yay i am so happy x) especially because i feel like were partners getting lost in quests together B)

Happy questing :)
  • spatz1993
    Glad to hear you got to the right quest point :)
  • victorinofl
    eirghan wrote: »
    Oh yay i am so happy x) especially because i feel like were partners getting lost in quests together B)

Happy questing :)
    Glad to hear you got to the right quest point :)

Thank you! :)