Boundless God of Frenzy Proc and Is Boundless Worth It?

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
After my last thread it seems only natural progression that we want to get an idea of how accurate the other weapon procs are on the Boundless weapons and their predecessors. So I did just that and with some help did a few tests on the God of Frenzy weapons I had available to me.

Here is the video of my testing. Sound is a bit better in this video so don't hurt your ears!

One thing I really regret is not having access to the rank 8 recast, so if anyone has one with God of Frenzy that you have done tests with let us know please!

I did 500 hit tests this time on each weapon (G15, r8rr, r999 and Boundless) and recorded the God of Frenzy procs with each weapon.
This should be more accurate considering zerk procs even on missed hits, though it is still from a small sample size.

Here are my results:

G15 Unicorn Axes:
Data: 101 procs out of 500 hits
Estimate for Proc Chance: 20.2%
95% Confidence Interval: 16.68% - 23.72%

Rank 8 2nd Recast:
Data: 98 procs out of 500 hits
Estimate for Proc Chance: 19.6%
95% Confidence Interval: 16.12% - 23.08%

Rank 9 Third Cast:
Data: 98 procs out of 500 hits
Estimate for Proc Chance: 19.6%
95% Confidence Interval: 16.12% - 23.08%

Boundless Cast:
Data: 101 procs out of 500 hits
Estimate for Proc Chance: 20.2%
95% Confidence Interval: 16.68% - 23.72%

The only past information I have on God of Frenzy Proc Chance comes from the PWI Wiki that states a 20% proc chance. Whether this number was obtained through official announcement from PW, testing, or other means I'm not sure so if you know let us know! From the samples though I feel very reassured that God of Frenzy is just fine and "proc-ing" as it always has.

If it is an accurate statement that God of Frenzy is consistent, it does bring up other questions for me however, such as "Why do we have consistent numbers across all grades and types of weapons with God of Frenzy, but Purify has a different proc chance across different weapons" and "Why does Rank 8 Recast have about a 5% chance of Purify proc, but God of Frenzy weapons have a 20% proc chance" Or we could even go so far as to ask "Why does a G15 weapon have a larger proc rate than the Boundless purify weapon that is supposedly better for PVP" That seems like a very large gap, possibly offering a huge edge to God of Frenzy characters over Purify characters (had the proc chance not been raised significantly on the rank 9 purify weapon). Of course there are always other factors to consider when talking about balance... So we'll leave off with the "why"s here.

This testing did reassure me though, that there is consistent procs between all levels of God of Frenzy (as we had assumed before) which is a huge relief. Especially for high crit classes, if there was a change in proc rates this could have been the difference between the Boundless weapon being an upgrade or a downgrade.​​

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Well, I personally assume the puri proc story is the same as GoF and Zerk (aka sacrificial slash).
    What I mean is, GoF and Zerk do exactly the same, however, GoF has a better chance to proc than Zerk. Maybe it's the same thing with the puri proc, problem here is they gave it the exact same name and description, so, it should say the same but have a different name if you get what I mean.

I wonder if in china the proc has a different name or if the "bad" puri also has the same name as the "good" puri and this was a translation error. Either way, yeah... this is my opinion, I think they were intended to be 2 different names like GoF and Zerk but ended up all having the same.

Mr. Justice
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Well, I personally assume the puri proc story is the same as GoF and Zerk (aka sacrificial slash).
    What I mean is, GoF and Zerk do exactly the same, however, GoF has a better chance to proc than Zerk. Maybe it's the same thing with the puri proc, problem here is they gave it the exact same name and description, so, it should say the same but have a different name if you get what I mean.

I wonder if in china the proc has a different name or if the "bad" puri also has the same name as the "good" puri and this was a translation error. Either way, yeah... this is my opinion, I think they were intended to be 2 different names like GoF and Zerk but ended up all having the same.

China doesn't have the "good" puri. R9rr is unique to our version, so they've always had the lower proc rate.

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    only thing i dont get why do sins get to keep their +2 range but dbs dont normal-1.gif

Secret nerf to dbs for sure tiger-11.gif
    ​​