Best Players - Twilight Temple

creysero
creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
Nominate your best players by skills on the Twilight Temple server, Max 3 players :)

Archer:
Assassin:
Barbarian:
Blademaster:
Cleric:
Psychic:
Wizard:
Seeker:
Mystic:
Venomancer:
Duskblade:
Stormbringer:

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    ow shjt u made this circlejerk thread everywhere?!
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Not too many people have caught my eye lately.

Archer: meh
    Assassin: Crygol definitely. Hoorah would have been losing long before the last two weeks without his outstanding play.
    Barbarian: maybe not "best", but Brannadar has performed above his gear level in TW
    Blademaster: meh
    Cleric: Dovienya
    Psychic: meh
    Wizard: Darca somehow got some skills recently, idk where from
    Seeker: meh
    Mystic: meh
    Venomancer: meh
    Duskblade: meh
    Stormbringer: meh
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    My nominations xD

Archer: WenWenWenWen, nice gears and skill. Daruviel, little gears but nice skill.
    Assassin: mmh i don't know... Kyougu? shinodira and Crit_Calibre not bad also.
    Barbarian: TiddyyFTW, that guy is really strong. Liamuk, little barb but I like how he fight.
    Blademaster: mmh i don't know... TheDan... OP gears, Kniraven and Slaystar good also.
    Cleric: Enviouz, really nice support.
    Psychic: DBall maybe... not many Psy around.
    Wizard: oORosalynOo, expert PvP mage. Darkabyssl is good too.
    Seeker: Sweatypea, really tanky.
    Mystic: Velajuel but i don't see him around...
    Venomancer: Wyvelin. XXzXX is fun to watch in 1v1, little gear but very well.
    Duskblade: Chinwookie, great support, also can kill and survive alot.
    Stormbringer: DemansFairy, is alot i don't fight him but i remember he lock very well and hit hard.

Roar.
    Post edited by fury85 on
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • dingo488
    Watching people rank people on PWI by skill be like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeB3eYk1Ze0
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Yeah we should rank by quality of mounts instead.

1. Dovienya. Bear in a balloon beats everything.
    2. Enviouz. Pretty princess in her carriage.
    3. Pawn on his Razor scooter.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    My Post is from an Open World PvP standpoint.
    If you don't PvP, then I haven't seen you, I can't judge, and you're not on the list.
    If you disagree, just post your opinion I am not here to fight with anybody.

I'll try my best to name 3 for each but... its hard to think of 3 for some.

Archer: Sercia, Urael, WenWenWen
    Assassin: EsRaFill, Kyougo, Zardicus
    Barbarian: Roar_King, helsgate, holyhead
    Blademaster: Kniraven, Tenjio, TheDan
    Cleric: Enviouz, Feighlara
    Psychic: Dball, EngelDesTodes, TheRedPsy
    Wizard: Darcabyssl, KhaIeesl, Wadzio
    Seeker: Snizel_X, Sweatypea, TalonSeek
    Mystic: Mysticboob, YuureiHana
    Venomancer: madijon, Wyvelin
    Duskblade: Chinwookie, Fixxxed, RuleUrWorld
    Stormbringer: BigStorms, DemansFairy, Kerikeon

NOTE: Some people are on here because literally nobody else in their class worth mentioning PvPs at all. Some people like Chinwookie, Sweatypea, and Roar_King are just WAY AHEAD of the other 2 in their category. Names are listed in alphabeticalorder, not in 1st - 3rd.

P.S. If you post someone I didn't think of and I agree with you, i will change my list.

​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
  • aznxboirich
    aznxboirich Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    All of those that got named are not even worth mentioning. Even considering differences in survivability index & class advantages, most of them still die way too often for their class/build and are prone to making errors too often or making poor decisions or ineffective gameplay.

And there are actually handful of them that are actually below average players. Their gameplay is always 2-3 steps behind and their frequency of mistakes are above average. The only reason why most of their errors go under the radar is because they're fighting 1v1 or small-scale fights which they're able to compensate with their class, overall build/gear & auto-recovery & not end up with fatal consequences. When those mistakes actually cost them fatally when they actually get to go against above average to good gameplay in an unfavorable situation, they take it as bad luck to end up in a situation where they feel the existence of their mistake/s had nothing to do with the outcome. When in reality their survability was compromised due to their own fault.

Then there are those that are really really slow due to how they use their mouse & keybindings for their skills. Due to the lack of appropriate keybind/hotkey usage, they develop an overdependance on mouse clicking to the point their timing and macro/combos are just always steps behind.

If you guys still rate some of these people as 'the best' even after playing with them for so long and even after watching countless of their YT videos, then I must say you guys must be pretty bad at playing the game for you to be unable to see the obvious lack of proficiency.

• dingo488
    edited July 2016
    eirghan wrote: »
    18426v.jpg
    ​​

There's always that 1 guy that doesnt understand the circlejerk and starts jerking himself. Its truly tragic that all great circlejerks must be broken this way, this is why we cant have nice things :s

And @aznxboirich spitting too much truth, that shjt doesnt belong on the PWI forums man, we all about that low level banter. No depth allowed, this is a casual game with casual people. Why do you think OP didnt ask anyone to explain/clarify their choices? :\
  • daymond
    All of those that got named are not even worth mentioning. Even considering differences in survivability index & class advantages, most of them still die way too often for their class/build and are prone to making errors too often or making poor decisions or ineffective gameplay.

And there are actually handful of them that are actually below average players. Their gameplay is always 2-3 steps behind and their frequency of mistakes are above average. The only reason why most of their errors go under the radar is because they're fighting 1v1 or small-scale fights which they're able to compensate with their class, overall build/gear & auto-recovery & not end up with fatal consequences. When those mistakes actually cost them fatally when they actually get to go against above average to good gameplay in an unfavorable situation, they take it as bad luck to end up in a situation where they feel the existence of their mistake/s had nothing to do with the outcome. When in reality their survability was compromised due to their own fault.

Then there are those that are really really slow due to how they use their mouse & keybindings for their skills. Due to the lack of appropriate keybind/hotkey usage, they develop an overdependance on mouse clicking to the point their timing and macro/combos are just always steps behind.

If you guys still rate some of these people as 'the best' even after playing with them for so long and even after watching countless of their YT videos, then I must say you guys must be pretty bad at playing the game for you to be unable to see the obvious lack of proficiency.

To a large extent I agree with you.
    Gear allows most the people named to stand out, and even standing out among others similarly geared they are only a fraction of the total of their class.

I think though, that this is meant to take both into account (Skill + Gear) and to be a sum of the two.

Also, consider this:
    Those who came from Lost City server may remember Calvin. In his prime, Calvin was one of the best geared and most skilled Blademasters on that server. I used to watch him and see him make lazy skill choices, let himself get stun locked repeatedly, and seldom make use of his genie. I thought, at the time, that he was an inferior BM.

Later, I came to realize that he was much better than that. The reason he didn't utilize his genie, break locks, or play to his full potential was because he just didn't need to. A lot of people are like that. If you place most well geared people into an unchallenging situation they are going to be lazy and put forth minimal effort. Additonally, the greatest PvP'ers are reserved and tactful with their genie, making sure not to waste their cooldowns. If an opponent is just plain not presenting a large enough threat, a veteran player is unlikely to bother.

TL;DR, you can only judge someone when they are legitimately challenged.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • dingo488
    edited August 2016
    If you get pooped on in PvP its just because you didnt feel challenged enough x)

I guess thats why we wiped your whole faction (including you, and pretty much half your list) with only 4 people in RW, if only we had brought more than 4 people, then you wouldve felt more challenged and kicked our butt :*

TL;DR, PWI logic.
  • daymond
    dingo488 wrote: »
    If you get pooped on in PvP its just because you didnt feel challenged enough x)

I guess thats why we wiped your whole faction (including you, and pretty much half your list) with only 4 people in RW, if only we had brought more than 4 people, then you wouldve felt more challenged and kicked our butt :*

TL;DR, PWI logic.
    Crack is a hell of a drug.​​
    alFcxeg.png
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Kniraven isnt wrong tho. Like current nw is boring af so why should i put effort fighting an alt fest when i can win by playing lazily anyway.

Edit: might as well add my own list. Based on people i fought with/against and thought they were good, there might be more but maybe i didn't fight vs them enough to judge. Random order.

Archer: WenWenWenWen rest of archers look all the same to me sorry
    Assassin: Crygol and Crit_Calibre have been pretty good, Kyougu
    Barbarian: Roar_King as DD barb, as tank idk they all look the same to me
    Blademaster: TheDan when he doesnt play lazily, tenjio, slaystar not bad also
    Cleric: Enviouz, Dovienya, Feighlara
    Psychic: TheRedPsy, Dball
    Wizard: oORosalynOo
    Seeker: SweatyPea
    Mystic: Mysticboob, YuureiHana
    Venomancer: Nevranite improved a lot lately, Wyvelin
    Duskblade: Chinwookie
    Stormbringer: BigStorms
    Post edited by booker27 on