DoT ---> Deity Stone

nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
Hey, so, I've been digging but I can't find an answer for this. I am thinking about sharding all my gear with DoTs and then make them into Deitys using the Soulgem Conversion at the NPC. I know what to do and where to do it, but I want to know if it's worth it or if i should just save the DoTs until I have enough for all Deity stones and THEN put them on the gear.

What I found was this:
skaitavia wrote:
You pay 2 DoT, a fee, and some Flowing Crystals to upgrade a DoT that's currently in your gear to a Deity Stone.

So in the end you get a +2 attack level shard without wasting the one that you already socketed. The same can be applied for DoD to JoSD.

Other than that, you can replace lower grade gems with higher grade ones for free as well, but you will not get the old gem back.

What I want to know from this are numbers. If anyone knows how much the fee is and how many Flowing Crystals it would take to do this.
Thanks in advance.

Mr. Justice

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Too hungry to dig things up, will let you know in a few hours, if no one else replied.

EDIT: Found one reply so far
    1. It's 60 crystals and 9m per shard. The number you get from packs is random. It cost me about 20 gold and 18m altogether to transfer 2 Deities into 2 JOSD.

2. Yes.
    ​​
    Post edited by jabq on
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    imo, just shard deities. The cost is not worth it with gold prices now.

Edit- Oh that. While the cost is lower than Deity<->Jade transferring, I still don't see the point of paying even more later on to get what you want.​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Might want to ask in game from people who did this option, can't find specific information on the forums, or i am using the wrong search terms.​​
  • mymbarb
    mymbarb Posts: 60 Arc User
    Alright so:

Deity<->JoSD (either way): 60 Flowing Crystals + 9m fee per shard

DoT->Deity: 15 Flowing Crystals + 4.5m fee per shard

DoD->JoSD: same as DoT->Deity

DoD<->DoT: 40 Flowing Crystals + 3m fee per shard (not 100% sure on the coins here, was a while ago I did this)
  • nbreaking
    edited July 2016
    chary wrote: »
    imo, just shard deities. The cost is not worth it with gold prices now.

Edit- Oh that. While the cost is lower than Deity<->Jade transferring, I still don't see the point of paying even more later on to get what you want.​​

My point here is to do it slowly but get some benefit right away. What I mean is, this way by paying for 24 DoTs I'll have +24 attack lvls instead of having to wait until I have all 72 DoTs which will take a long time. Also, idk which server you're on, but luckily in Tideswell gold is at around 3M atm and going down :3

mymbarb wrote: »
    Alright so:

Deity<->JoSD (either way): 60 Flowing Crystals + 9m fee per shard

DoT->Deity: 15 Flowing Crystals + 4.5m fee per shard

DoD->JoSD: same as DoT->Deity

DoD<->DoT: 40 Flowing Crystals + 3m fee per shard (not 100% sure on the coins here, was a while ago I did this)

Thank you for the info, so, the worst case scenario would be 3 gold + 4.5M per shard, best case would be 1 gold + 4.5M (since the pack has a chance for 5, 10 and 15 crystals for 1 gold). I think it's worth it then due to the fact I can get +24 attack lvls right away and collect the DoTs slowly. Again, really appreciate the info ^^

Thank you to everyone else that also tried to help, really appreciate it. I got my answer.

Mr. Justice
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    324m (to transfer everything if you get unlucky) would let you buy like 4 or 5 more DoTs tho.​​
  • nbreaking
    324m (to transfer everything if you get unlucky) would let you buy like 4 or 5 more DoTs tho.​​

Yep, it is quite a bit of money, but when you think about 324M in a year or so, it's not that much. It's like I said, I won't be able to get the 72 anytime soon, and this way in the meanwhile when i get 24 which will take quite a while too I can see some results right away. Maybe if they go down in price I'll consider making the Deity stones right away but I don't really see that happening unfortunately. Each costs around 80M atm, maybe if they were around 50M I'd buy them all first.

It's really a matter of feeling progress to be honest, when I save up for something big I always feel stuck even though I'm not and get tired of the game. Don't feel like playing and stuff, it's hard to explain.
    For example, when I saved up for my Emperor tome, I had a lot of money and was making more money, yet, since it took quite a while to save up all that money and all I had was 10M big notes resting in the bank it felt like I wasn't doing anything at all, even though I was.

It's complicated to explain, it's just how I am... When I don't see any progress at all (even though there is) I feel stuck and don't want to play, lose my motivation :expressionless:

Mr. Justice
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    nbreaking wrote: »

Yep, it is quite a bit of money, but when you think about 324M in a year or so, it's not that much. It's like I said, I won't be able to get the 72 anytime soon, and this way in the meanwhile when i get 24 which will take quite a while too I can see some results right away. Maybe if they go down in price I'll consider making the Deity stones right away but I don't really see that happening unfortunately. Each costs around 80M atm, maybe if they were around 50M I'd buy them all first.

It's really a matter of feeling progress to be honest, when I save up for something big I always feel stuck even though I'm not and get tired of the game. Don't feel like playing and stuff, it's hard to explain.
    For example, when I saved up for my Emperor tome, I had a lot of money and was making more money, yet, since it took quite a while to save up all that money and all I had was 10M big notes resting in the bank it felt like I wasn't doing anything at all, even though I was.

It's complicated to explain, it's just how I am... When I don't see any progress at all (even though there is) I feel stuck and don't want to play, lose my motivation :expressionless:

It might be worth it if you're actively doing pvp or TW's. 24 attk levels will be roughly 12% more damage in pve, so it's okay enough if you solo-farm. Won't matter as much in a group though.

Plus you could always shard +1's then go straight for the +3's xD.