Movement keys not working

belnor
belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
I recently had some issues with my new pc and had to pull my old pc back into service so I could play while my new one is down. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, updates and drivers. I installed PWI first with Steam and everything worked just fine. However at some point I started to have a problem where the w a s d h keys stopped working for movement. I can type with them in chat. I can do everything else with the keyboard and it works without problem. I checked the various settings in game and everything looks correct. I uninstalled it from Steam. Wiped completely the folder where it was installed to. Then reinstalled with ARC. Still having the same problem. Any suggestions?

Comments

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Odd, see if you can try the movement keys in a different game and see if they work there? Double check the key bindings, could be they are not done properly.

Worst case scenario, change the keyboard and see if that helps, could be a driver issue (what my little knowledge tells me).​​
  • belnor
    I think I got it solved. I had mucked around with the Nvidia experience stuff and I'm guessing it somehow was preventing the keys from working? I removed the drivers and the experience software. Cleaned things up and reinstalled it. Things seem to be working correctly now.
  • belnor
    OK might have spoken too soon. Had elementclient crash today. Now I'm back to not having the movement keys work again. The NVIDIA experience software is off the system. I checked in the userdata folder and found some .key files. I removed these and still the same issue. Going to verify the install and see if something might have gotten corrupted by the crash. If not I guess I try reinstalling.
  • belnor
    Ok got it working again. Tried a bunch of stuff with the PWI folder again. No luck there. Finally reran the NVIDIA driver install. Unchecked all the extras and checked the clean install box. Everything working again.
  • belnor
    Had issues again. Finally wiped the system and went back to my previous OS. No issues so far.