New r8rr Helmet gear set bonuses

Options
mistressmuerta
mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Hello PWI. Does anyone know the set bonuses for the new helmets when combined with r8rr gear. I can not find it on pwdatabase or the build calculator unless im using an old link. It says in the cabbage patch notes matches the set. Does that mean all the same bonuses from r8rr stacked when the helmet is equiped? I wonder what the bonus for having 5/5 pieces is instead of 4/5. Then i can determine whether or not having the base helmet is worth it.

Comments

• fpld5
    fpld5 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    yah id also like to know this :open_mouth:
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    15 attack lvls, 15 def lvls, hp, and then depends on class.

Give me a moment and I'll dig the links for you, will edit this soon.

EDIT: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/itype/316/page/5
    All the ? icon ones are the helmets, it's in chinese, you'll have to translate, but i'll help you out if you give me a while.

15 att lvls and 15 def lvl are a constant, i'll only show the ones that change. Also, the links I'm giving are already translated.

Wizzie: Mageblade of Nature Hat, +1200 hp, +1500hp, Click here.
    Sin: Ocean Supreme Light Helm, +1300 hp, -0.1 interval, Click here.
    Seeker: Radiant Eye Heavy Helm, +1500 hp, +4% crit, Click here.

Edit 2: Midway through I've realized that having the helm only gives you 15 extra defense lvls on any set in addition to the previous r8rr set bonus, so, ignore all the rest. Was going through a lot of work for nothing xD

Mr. Justice
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    tyvm
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Options
    How to obtain this r8.3 set helm ? new instance or packs or quests
  • freygin
    Options
    r9 is actually a lot harder and costs a fortune, but pwi has exclusive furnace that gives easy access to get sovereign seals in bulk for cheap, less tokens and less coins by much because they sell mc and mog in boutique, again for 'cheap'. Just for comparison, one gst costs like $15 where I play and sovereign seal costs $2.7, mog is around $3.

Farming r8.3 mats in QSM with r9 gears would be much easier and faster but what's the point for pwi ppl, but even you say it's hard lol, it'd be much much harder for other regions, and yeah only less than 5 people are walking around with r8.3 sets while there are less than 20 people with r9.3 mixed with either r8.2 or warsoul weapon, and probably less than 10 with full sets.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    @freygin where do you play? pwi has never had those prices for mog and gst that you suggest​​
  • freygin
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just fyi, I quitted pwi a long time ago because of high ping, I had changed isp like twice and it couldn't be helped so I resume playing on regional server (Indonesia). I didn't say those prices were PWI prices, I was just emphasizing Teabagg's statement and he is right, upgrading rr8 to r8.3 sets is much harder than r9.3 sets, and might I add that it really is, regardless of wherever we play, and I compared it to the numbers of ppl that walk around with r8.3 and r9.3 sets where I play, just for comparison, even when r9.3 sets are really pricy like I posted above. Sorry for the confusion.

The instance itself is actually not that hard, but the commitment for 10 people to do it consistently everyday on top of the piling up dailies is just ridiculous, ppl will eventually burned out and quit farming it. The one mat that's hard is Benevolence Seal since the other mats we can get them from heavenfall. There are only like 2-3 drops most of the time, sometimes none. Each piece of armor needs 46 benevolence seals, times 4 pieces = 184 per person, times 10 people = 1840 benevolence seals. If we do the math even being generous with 3 drops per day. It will take 613 days or 1 year and 8 months to finish. Another problem is gathering the same 10 squad members with different backgrounds to online at the same time everyday for 1 year and 8 months (could be a lot longer than that), and the upgrade isn't really that much of an upgrade, also splitting the drops takes unnecessary wasted time. Those dfifficulties all add up therefore noone's really interested in farming qsm.

It's weird though, to unbind r8.3 mats, we need cashshop items, it could provide a large sum of money if the majority of players were interested in r8.3 gears, but PWI is way past rr8 and have gone the-r9-for-everyone-path, and here where I play only very few people are interested in farming it. So it's just a fail set of gears.

And now come the helm as the fifth piece of r8.3 sets with 15 def levels bonus. Imo it still won't give enough incentive unless they change benevolence seal drop rates.

Oh, and I would like to ask about the npc in QSM named Dreamspace, can we exchange dim songflow ringstones to benevolence seal ? Because it's said in the elysium patchnote that it will offer exchange service from dim songflow to other r8 upgrade mats, but I've checked pwdatabase http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/45733 , and there isn't. Dim mats to bound mats was already there since qsm was added.
    DUNGEONS
    *Dreamspace in the high-level version of the Quicksand Maze now allows you to exchange Dim Songflow Ringstones for other Rank 8 upgrade materials.

Post edited by freygin on