List of All Permanent Misleading Descriptions in game.

Options
kittythecat2013
kittythecat2013 Posts: 55 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Quality Corner
PWI has a huge amount of wrong or misleading descriptions in game skills, items and promos and they won't correct.
This list should help anyone who is learning the game to avoid many problems.
I will list the ones I know and then update the post with what I see in the comments.

Events
The most misleading event description ever repeated is the statement "war avatar CHEST s", they never stop promising this item and sending "war avatar PACK s" instead, which is like 20 times cheaper.

The Call of Abominations event will never stop spamming: "Dark Messenger: Congratulations! Players in the City of Abominations: Dragon/Players Won The Game! (repeat x200 times)...

Archer?
(I've seen people say it has a downgrade on primal skill but I don't play archer so I'd rater have someone else explain)

Cleric
Sage Skill Thunderball: states: "shocking the target for 12 seconds"..."Sage version increases all damage by 15%"
The Catch: It doesn't. The Thunderball damage may increase but not "all" damage.

Mark of Weakness: States: "Deal base magic damage plus 30% of your Soulforce. And for 20 seconds, increasing the Critical Rate of all attacks against it by 15%..."
The Catch: The damage of this skill bypass other defenses and buffs that decrease damage such as Dew Star Protection, Invoke Spirit etc.

Psychic?

Assassin
Focused Mind: states: "Increases your Evasion..."
The Catch: It doesn't. The evasion doesn't change at all. What really happens is that it gives a buff that has a % chance to "nullify" any dmg, including magic, turning it into 1 damage hit.

Bloodpaint: States: "...empowers all allies..."
The Catch: Demon Version does not overwrite Sage version.

Seeker
Primal Skill - Gravel Blade: Expected to be an upgrade.
The Catch: It has no upgrade compared to lv11 skills and has a downgrade in the % rate to apply bloodlet and bore statuses, due to impossibility to occur on any attacks other than Gravel Blade, subsequently no chance to apply the statuses in AOE.

Mystic?

Blademaster
Elysium Skill: Reel In: States: "Channel a line of energy from your weapon to pull an enemy toward you. The success chance is 100%".
The Catch: It pulls everyone in a radius of 8m from the target as well.

Wizard?

Venomancer
Purge: States: "...removing all positive status effects"
The Catch: it only remove "most" positive effects but many buffs can't be purged. Psy buffs, mystic verdant, barbs cornered, seeker last stand, etc etc

Barbarian
Invoke Spirit: States: "Reduces all damage taken by 90%"
The Catch: It doesn't not reduce damage taken from DoTs(*?), edge blur, absorb soul, blade tornado, and other skills damage that do not record on system.

Stormbringer?

Duskblade?

Genie Skills
Faith: States: "become immune to all negative status effects for 5sec"
The Catch: It is actually a self purify.
And doesn't purify Seal of the God or Paralyze.

Lightning Chaser: States: "...interrupts the target's spell casting"
The Catch: It doesn't work on mobs. (Genie skill Earthquake interrupt channeling on mobs/bosses)

All Class Skill
Celestial/Demon Eruption (Triple Spark)
The Catch: It doesn't state that it also purifies yourself removing negative statuses.

Items
Dream Guardian Scroll: There are 2 different guardian scrolls, A and B, Usually the B is the one given for free on events.
The Catch: The B one does not save you from dropping items in PK.

Sutra Power Orb: States: "Makes the player invincible for the next 6 seconds".
The Catch: It also purify.

Sunchaser Orb: States: "Increases your speed up to max 15/ms".
The Catch: It doesn't.
That is the description of Holy Path and Charge orb which really put you on 15mt/s no matter what.
Sunchaser Orb will only increase to max speed "If" you have no slow effect on you, Like flag during NW, slows debuffs, etc.

Brainpower Orb: States: "Can't be used after reawakening"
The Catch: It actually change the level usage from 70+ to 100+ when you reborn BUT, if you put them in the stash bank when you do the reawakening, they stay usable at level 70+.
Post edited by kittythecat2013 on

Comments

• burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you for this list. Ya know as the additions roll in, this post is gonna be super long. So many errors in this game, it's almost laughable. Here's a couple more:

I'm not sure if this was fixed yet. But the description for sage bloodpaint for assassins always trips up people researching into whether or not to go sage or demon. It says that it increases the heal by 3% of the damage. It should read TO 3% of the damage (i.e., it's 3% total, not 5% (2% + 3%)).

Also there was another skill description wrong that has always bugged me for sins and threw me off for the longest time. I can't log on right now because I'm at a public library (power outage at my house for about 9.5 hours). When I'm back online I'll update this response.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • darkdemen
    darkdemen Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    Faith: States: "become immune to all negative status effects for 5sec"
    The Catch: It is actually a self purify.

It does both of it :open_mouth:
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    afaik psychic souls dont change based on sage and demon
  • suzukmann
    Options
    suzukmann said:

afaik psychic souls dont change based on sage and demon

proc chances that is
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    Dream Guardian Scroll description: Prevents you from losing EXP and most items when your character dies.
  • kittythecat2013
    Options

Dream Guardian Scroll description: Prevents you from losing EXP and most items when your character dies.

So it does fit into misleading list, because most people can confuse with both and the B one does not save you from dropping items.
  • kittythecat2013
    Options

I'm not sure if this was fixed yet. But the description for sage bloodpaint for assassins always trips up people researching into whether or not to go sage or demon. It says that it increases the heal by 3% of the damage. It should read TO 3% of the damage (i.e., it's 3% total, not 5% (2% + 3%)).

almost all "increase" descriptions of lv11 skills does that... clerics "metal mastery" for example says:
    At level 10 "Increases all Metal damage by 20%".

and at sage "Increases all Metal damage by 20... Sage version increases Metal damage by 25%"
    which some may think its the it is 20+25% but is only 25%.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options

So it does fit into misleading list, because most people can confuse with both and the B one does not save you from dropping items.

They are 2 completely different items, so how is this misleading? They're not even named the same.
    It's people's own problem if they can't or won't read descriptions and just go on assumptions.

Misleading would be if the descriptions would be the same, which they are not.

Most of these "misleading" descriptions you listed are pretty petty to be honest​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shopcheese
    Options
    Imo they should change the icon of dream guardian scroll to just a different color, cause people dont pay enough attention..

Anyway I think the genie skill "remove paralyze" is a lot misleading, I dont think I need to explain why.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Blademaster new Reel In:
    Channel a line of energy from your weapon to pull an enemy toward you. The success chance is 100%.

Pulls in everyone in a radius of 8m from ur enemy aswell B)
  • kittythecat2013
    Options

Imo they should change the icon of dream guardian scroll to just a different color, cause people dont pay enough attention..

Anyway I think the genie skill "remove paralyze" is a lot misleading, I dont think I need to explain why.

Yeah, I tried using that skill on many things and could not remove any silence sleep stun disarm
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options

Yeah, I tried using that skill on many things and could not remove any silence sleep stun disarm
    Since paralyze is not silence, sleep, stun, disarm I don't see why it will remove those. Just remove paralyze.
  • shopcheese
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jadasia said:

Since paralyze is not silence, sleep, stun, disarm I don't see why it will remove those. Just remove paralyze.
    Nope, it doesn remove paralyze either, which is why I found it quite misleading.
    it's "freeze" that had been translated into multiple things, paralyze was one of them. But now paralyze, a better version of stun, is actually a thing, which is why I have found this more misleading than ever.
  • suzukmann
    Options

jadasia said:

Nope, it doesn remove paralyze either, which is why I found it quite misleading.
    it's "freeze" that had been translated into multiple things, paralyze was one of them. But now paralyze, a better version of stun, is actually a thing, which is why I have found this more misleading than ever.
    qft
  • shopcheese
    Options
    @suzukmann why you mad bro
  • suzukmann
    Options
    qft = quoted for truth
  • shopcheese
    edited May 2016
    Options
    thought you meant quit [REMOVED] talking lmao​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    We're looking through this thread now, and if there's any changes we need to make we're going to do just that.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    Venomancer purge
    losing all possitive buffs
    Catch: Some possitive buffs are not able to get purged. Psy buffs, mystic verdant, barbs cornered, seeker last stand, etc etc

Barbs Invoke Spirit
    Reduces all damage taken by 90%
    Catch: It doesnt not reduce damage taken from DoTs, edge blur, absorb soul, blade tornado, and other skills damage that do not record on system.

Barbs

Genie Faith
    Doesnt purify Seal of the God or Paralyze

Celestial/Demon Eruption (Triple Spark)
    Doesnt state that it purifies debuffs on you.

Sunchaser Orb
    States it increases your speed upto max 15/ms. But it doesnt, if u have any slow effect on you, Like flag during NW, slows debuffs, etc. Holypath and Charge orb keep max speed no matter what.

• kittythecat2013
    Options
    I took a look around to see what was that paralyze being talked so much and found out it is that effect that makes you look sad with hands and head down doing nothing in a fight. I'm sure barbs got it but maybe some others too.
  • sunnynight
    sunnynight Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    I'd like to direct you to my recent post about the cleric sleep and paralyze timings. The descriptions are completely wrong and I have video footage to show this. They last for less than the minimum time stated for both demon and sage.

The thread is here.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1205366/cleric-seals-do-not-match-timings-in-description

Also I pray that mark of weakness and other skills mentioned above that go through barbarian invoke and other bless buffs is not a bug and is intended (perhaps the descriptions are just incorrect). All clerics have become accustomed to this and it is very deeply rooted in their play style. Changing this mechanic would destroy completely any potential a cleric has as a 1v1 pk class, and personally I'd quit the game because pk is all I do and to change something I and others rely so heavily on for so long, it is much much too late to change it now. Think how could any cleric ever possibly kill most classes without this? We have no stun that we can apply damage over. We just have seal of god where we deal 90% reduced damage and sleep where hitting them wakes them up. Then while they're awake we have no opportunities to attack with all the paralyze skills and arsenal of crowd control skills that other classes have. It would be 100% impossible to beat a duskblade if this mechanic were removed, even though its already hard enough. Using mark of weakness over seal of gods and sleep is our only opportunity to get real damage in and its current mechanics are the cornerstone of cleric pvp play styles.
  • sovtek37
    sovtek37 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    What about Demonic Eruption for Duskblades? The description in skjills list says a 25% increase in attack speed, but I have seen elsewhere that it does NOT increase attack rate but rather increases crit rate.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    [Text]Teleport Npcs at Lothranis/Momaganon quest text error

Well I was going to make a new thread with this text error but since there is this one I'll put it here.

Here is a funny text error i found:

The text that the teleport masters at Lothranis/Momaganon display in the quest to return from those maps to the main one states that:
    '' for 3000 dollars '' they can send the player back to Perfect World.
    W5TTHT9.png?1

The text should display 3000 coins instead of dollars. :D

Btw not sure is this was posted before but did not see it so thats why I post here.

• kittythecat2013
    Options
    First time I hear ppl say DB get crit from O eruption.
    I think its ok to add that here rieihdius, they changed some stuff after this post. even tho some of them will remain permanent.
    They changed the sin skill description and stopped promising war avatar "Chests" in events. example.
  • darcz95
    darcz95 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »
    [Text]Teleport Npcs at Lothranis/Momaganon quest text error
    W5TTHT9.png?1

"Pay 3000 dollars, and we will send you hack to Perfect World." :-)