G17 weapons

Options
lordkorax1
lordkorax1 Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello everyone! I would like to know if the ONLY way to make the g17 weapons is doing UP. My toon has no good gear (i heard people with t3 gear will have extreme difficulties doing UP), so I would like to know if there is another way... Even if it takes a lot of time.
Thanks everyone!

Comments

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    You need materials from BOTH Homestead Collection quests and Quest reward/dropped materials from UP. You could buy the materials from others that do UP if you can't get into squads etc.

However few warnings.

To make a recast that is actually better than T3 weapon you need to sink at least 900m into your homestead for just upgrade costs alone, never mind the costs of getting 7600+ Prosperity to be able to get the quests you need for the final cast.

Also you will need to buy the red mats (<1% drop rate from last boss in UP) for the final two casts to get a weapon that is better than your current one. The latest price I've seen for one of these is 200m on my server, at this price it means that it would cost you at least 12bn coin maybe more, if you can even find enough people willing to sell you these rare mats.

And if you have 15bn+ coin sitting around I would advise you to get r9rr +12 deity/josd EU 2nd RB card set instead...
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    The red mats are too rare... even if there were the people with that kind of money. If you estimate that, given approximately 1 red mat every 100 UP runs, and maybe 15 squads of UP per day (105 runs per week) we are looking on average at one red mat per week.

To make the g17 5th cast requires a total of 61 of these red mats. 52 weeks in a year with 1 week = 1 red mat on average... will take over a year before a single person (assuming this important person manages to get every single red mat collected on the server) gets a g17 weapon.

I'm pretty sure that PWI will wait... maybe a few months from now, maybe less, and then when people start to get 'kinda close' to obtaining a g17 weapon, they'll release a big sale of red mats in the boutique, OR, they'll release them as a pack item. This will cause an enormous buying frenzy and make PWI a lot of money, while simultaneously providing players with a realistic source of these red materials that so many people need.

This has been PWI's modus operandi for a long time now. Initially new gear is difficult to get, then it becomes quite a bit easier. The only question is how long until they make the red mat more easily available, and how much will it cost?

This I would very much like to know.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    csquared5 said:

The red mats are too rare... even if there were the people with that kind of money. If you estimate that, given approximately 1 red mat every 100 UP runs, and maybe 15 squads of UP per day (105 runs per week) we are looking on average at one red mat per week.

To make the g17 5th cast requires a total of 61 of these red mats. 52 weeks in a year with 1 week = 1 red mat on average... will take over a year before a single person (assuming this important person manages to get every single red mat collected on the server) gets a g17 weapon.

I'm pretty sure that PWI will wait... maybe a few months from now, maybe less, and then when people start to get 'kinda close' to obtaining a g17 weapon, they'll release a big sale of red mats in the boutique, OR, they'll release them as a pack item. This will cause an enormous buying frenzy and make PWI a lot of money, while simultaneously providing players with a realistic source of these red materials that so many people need.

This has been PWI's modus operandi for a long time now. Initially new gear is difficult to get, then it becomes quite a bit easier. The only question is how long until they make the red mat more easily available, and how much will it cost?

This I would very much like to know.

amen.

just remember forest of wisdom helmet :) 50k of these dropped items, then anni apcks hit the boutique :P

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I agree they are pretty rare, I've run UP twice every day since the expansion hit and have yet to see one drop. I think you may be slightly underestimating the amount of UP squads though, off the top of my head I can name 8 squads that run it daily from Tempest alone of mains/alts, there are probably more that I'm unaware of during the late US timeslot.

It's not just this red mat though, the Draconic Essences require 7600 Prosperity and you get 2 per day from a Crimson homestead collection quest, you need 62 to make one, and you need 13 for G17r5 so this will take 403 days from reaching 7600 Prosperity. People that get to 7600 are highly unlikely to sell these (as you need 250 to make a tradeable one) unless of course PWI makes these Dragonbreath sigils also easier to obtain and there are a few tabs on the codex that say coming soon which look like they will make reaching 7600 prosperity easier.

So yes I think a lot of people are waiting expecting these to be added to cashshop/packs at some point, I think had they released the SvS PK tourney also it would've made it a bit easier as both the Dull Zenith Skull and Dull Draconic Essence are obtainable from there, but still would take a while.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457