UP Puppets

nbreaking
nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
So, in UP when you reach the puppet part it resets always several times and tells you that you need 10 people in the squad. We always have all 10 people however they still reset.

People have come up with some theories but to be honest they don't really seem to work:
- You can't immune yourself in the first 3 seconds
- You can't die in the first 3 seconds
- You can't be far away from the group in the first 3 seconds
- They need to attack and be attacked in the first 3 seconds

We did all of those today and they still kept resetting. Usually it's not that bad since the 2nd or 3rd try works but today it took us 7 tries... SEVEN :open_mouth:

I understand this is some kind of "anti-cheat" mechanism (with people bringing alts or having less than 10 people in squad or something, I don't know) but it's not working properly and it's starting to get a tiny bit annoying since we always waste time on this (gotta rebuff after they disappear and such)

If anyone knows a way of this not happening that actually works or if it is indeed a bug, let me know.

Thanks ^^

Mr. Justice

Comments

• sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Bumping this, it needs to be fixed!
  • affinityjjl
    affinityjjl Posts: 23 Arc User
    +1
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    After we stopped using immunities in my squad it never resetted again, not even once.
    Avoid triple sparking as well, it grants immunity.

I could imagine tidals and other status evasions might affect it as well, but we dont have a sin in my squad so I havent noticed.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    I came with the conslusion u just have to stand there, let the mobs attack u (hopefully your squad can resist, or at least healers). Until the "Checking Squad" message goes away, then u can attack them.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    We have found out the problem after a lot of tests. It's incredibly stupid but there's only 2 things to it:

- Can't use yellow bubble (AD, IG, Sutra, etc)
    - Can't use TIDAL, yes, sin's Tidal Protection is what causes it to glitch, me being a sin it's only natural it always happened on my squads... that's kind of stupid but at least we now know.

They should either fix it or make it so that it properly states you can't use the 2 things.

If they attack or you attack too fast or anything else mentioned before (like staying further away or super close) has nothing to do with it.

Mr. Justice