Elysium update Venomancer Skills reviews/discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    Oh okay, I didnt actually count it, just noticed it was shorter than I would like.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So, the new Heal Pet is a little better than I thought in small scale PK, but it's still not much for mass PvP. Well, I suppose that's still something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I think most of the issues I have with pets staying alive in mass pvp would be rectified by putting that new mystic plant buff that forces people to use single target skills to kill the plant on veno/mystic pets.​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I think that would be the best solution and if they think that is too much for the pet to have on its own, they can simply put it on Heal Pet (just enable the AOE damage reduction buff it gets for PvP, I guess?).

I don't want unkillable pets, I just want to use my skills! They suddenly encourage us to have them summoned, and I will be concerned if this is the direction skill updates will take in the future. It took them a long time to update pets when they became obsolete at endgame the first time around.
  • testxvi
    Options
    Thanks to the new pet heal, pets (well at least the herc) can tank toad in flowsilver all fine now, as long you or somebody else to take the very first hit from toad (toad always starts out with a bleed, hurts pet too much). I only tried it in Deicide mode so far, but I'm guessing Judgement mode should be the same as long people dont let the silver coins spam-frog the veno.
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • testxvi
    Options
    I guess I can next time I go judgement mode, if the squad even will let me try lol.
    Deicide mode I can record any time.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    testxvi said:

Thanks to the new pet heal, pets (well at least the herc) can tank toad in flowsilver all fine now, as long you or somebody else to take the very first hit from toad (toad always starts out with a bleed, hurts pet too much). I only tried it in Deicide mode so far, but I'm guessing Judgement mode should be the same as long people dont let the silver coins spam-frog the veno.

This is what I did however the squad neglected the silver coins on me when the toad tanker died and I had my herc on it. I told them I can't heal my herc when the coins are spam-frogging me.

As for starting toad that would be easy for a veno. Just immune with fortify and feral concentration and hit the toad then make herc take aggro with its skills that would be all. Just have to watch out for cold coins and make herc kite those.
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ultimate Summoning review added~
    If any of you end up recording a Hercules-tanking-Toad video make sure you post it here so I can add it under the Heal Pet review!

Natural Synergy is the only skill left, but I'm not sure if that requires a video. The update is pretty straight forward, but I'll think about it. I'll definitely write a couple of things about it, regardless of video.
    ​​
  • testxvi
    Options
    Well, my harpy ended up stealing agro from a r9 barb in flowsilver judgement mode when I used the new synergy for one of the first times :S
  • testxvi
    Options
    So all judgement squads I went to lately have all been wanting to nuke the toad. Today as well, but we didn't have enough DD, so I managed to get a little bit of recording where herc grab toad in emergency and tanked it rest of the time.
    Will record something from Deicide mode too before I smack together the video, just to show how herc needs to avoid the bleed that toad does right in the beginning. I expect the video to be up later today or latest tomorrow.
  • testxvi
    edited May 2016
    Options
    here we go
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=tFUuRaI2qhw
    o,o
    and after trying this out, I honestly dont recommend tanking with herc unless your herc can at least survive 1 extra attack from boss after the deaden tick, and you have faith ready to purify yourself in case of stun... A decent amount of channelling might be necessary too.. Its not like its not do-able in case these terms arent possible... But if you get unlucky, yeah...

uhhh
    and I noticed something I found quite weird...
    at mushi I healed my harpy, and because of the deaden, she survived the chi-thing from mushi.. But after the first chi-thing, she didnt need deaden nerves at all.. It was like she had no chi after that point.
  • catgirldesu
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nice, I added it in the first post. fox-25.gif​​
  • calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    Testing on level 1 star spirits:
    Sage venomous (unarmed): 19181
    Sage primal venomous (unarmed, no pet): 26557
    Sage primal venomous (unarmed, pet summoned): 31868
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • moosstash
    moosstash Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Ive Herc tanked Frog several times now with no problems. My Herc is 11k and has the agro/self heal combo mood and seems to be fine even when i am dealing with coins. I even pull boss with him. Posistioning is the biggest issue i have had.
  • testxvi
    Options
    11k HP? Mine is at 7.9k and that's with HP buff lol, and he cannot pull the boss.
  • catgirldesu
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's pretty late, but Natural Synergy is up.
    Like I said in my previous post; I was reluctant making a video for it because there isn't really much to show.

This concludes the new skills' review! Have fun playing around with your new toys fluffy foxes! And you're free to continue sharing your experiences and discoveries in this thread.
    ​​
  • calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    I was able to solo Voidweaver with harpy the other day.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver