Homestead videos/guides

catgirldesu
catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Dungeons & Tactics
...or just a discussion for us players to learn more about Homestead from each other!

There is an in-game guide but I thought a video might help people more. So here it is!

Homestead ~Basics~
https://youtu.be/bTQGKQNSXHk

Homestead ~Questing and Upgrading~
https://youtu.be/4lNMZdXeixw

Homestead ~Contracts and More~
https://youtu.be/pgZZkrJAgNA

Feel free to add your own comments or correct me if anything I show is wrong, add your own tips, hints and videos.

​​
Post edited by catgirldesu on

Comments

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    You can exchange 1 big note for a Elysian Charter at the NPC in west archosaur where you also buy seeds and animals. This item you can unlock more land with, assuming you have the required homestead level.​​
  • catgirldesu
  • xalyxx
    xalyxx Posts: 29 Arc User
    any1 knows how the carriage quest work? backpack is gone and i can't complete quest
  • catgirldesu
    Normally you should have the backpack and be able to auto-path to the NPC listed in the quest lost. Did you do that part already? If you did then you have to go back to your homestead and complete the quest there. Open the quest log and choose the third tab, then you will have the option to complete it.​​
  • xalyxx
    xalyxx Posts: 29 Arc User
    i had the backpack but it told me to reach another npc after the first one and when i reached 2nd npc backpck was gone. so i can't complete the delivery quest. it is a timed quest or clerics can puri the backpack?
  • catgirldesu
    Added a new video with new stuff I discovered and a few things I learnt from @testxvi.

@xalyxx That sounds kinda weird. I didn't have any issue with a carriage quest so far. monkey-18.gif
    ​​
  • chaskadaye
    chaskadaye Posts: 22 Arc User
    I've been killing this golden dragon forever with no avail!! yikes, can't even get first quest done.
  • rivermist
    rivermist Posts: 10 Arc User
    you are not supposed to kill the golden dragon, look for the silver ones a bit farther away.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Has anyone figured out the contract business? How do you fulfill other people's contracts?

What i have figured out so far.

Buy seeds/animals > put them in your garden/farm > wait and get the exp + gems > put the gems in your production building > get the 4 mats that the buildings produce > use those mats to create things or upgrade buildings. Is that about right?

Can anyone explain how to complete those mulberry quests? Do i have to get the recipes? where do i get the recipes? can i trade recipes or bought from different merchant npc? What are the exchange quests for?

My personal preference so far is to upgrade the 4 production buildings, after that upgrade the farm. That will take 1~2 days. When that is done, i will upgrade the heavenly creation workshop and figure out what the mastery for the different things are.

What is a valuable asset? What use does it have? How do you make something a valuable asset?

What are likes that people get for their homestead? is it useful in increasing something, or just a feature with no benefit?

How do you get mats for the g17 weapons?

Thanks for all the help in answering the questions. I will post more as i discover how things work out.​​
  • catgirldesu
    Can anyone explain how to complete those mulberry quests? Do i have to get the recipes? where do i get the recipes? can i trade recipes or bought from different merchant npc? What are the exchange quests for?

You do pale red quests to get recipes. For the green quests, you have to search for one you can complete (you can refresh it up to five times per day) until you collect more and more recipes.
    What is a valuable asset? What use does it have? How do you make something a valuable asset?
    I show a bit of it in the first video (how to select them). It increases prosperity, but I don't know exactly what's the point of them.
    What are likes that people get for their homestead? is it useful in increasing something, or just a feature with no benefit?
    I think it's just a popularity thing. XD
    How do you get mats for the g17 weapons?
    You get some stuff from doing the green quests. I saw you can exchange Sigils at the NPC at west for other stuff, probably including G17 weapon materials.​​
  • jabq
    thank you desdi. Any idea about the contract business?​​
  • nilou
    nilou Posts: 11 Arc User
    Catgirldedu I want to thank you for all the tips , I appreciate your time. :)
  • jabq
    edited April 2016
    I figured out the contract business. Let's say you have a recipe for a table. A mulberry or some quest shows up that requires your table. You go to your workshop, click on the table, click on contract. You set the quantity you made (3 in our case), set the price. This will be the sell side of the contract. People will come and make tables and you will get the coins. This will take the energy to complete.

Let's say you have to make a chair for a quest, but you do not have a recipe for it. You search for the chair in the list, click on contracts. Find the one with the cheapest price, and click on enter homestead. Go to their workshop, and make the chair. Come back to your homestead and complete your quest. This will be the buy side of the contract.

Do keep in mind when creating things, they also require energy, so set the price appropriately. I don't think there is any way to refill energy beside waiting for the time to reset.​​
    Post edited by jabq on
  • catgirldesu
    jabq wrote: »
    thank you desdi. Any idea about the contract business?
    Oops. I missed this the other day! But you are right in how the contracts work. I was waiting to see if there's anything else I need to add but I'll probably upload part 3 today!
    nilou wrote: »
    Catgirldedu I want to thank you for all the tips , I appreciate your time. :)

monkey-25.gif​​
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2016
    Last part is up. Fee free to continue the discussion here, though. fox-25.gif​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Since i'm too lazy to skip through the videos;
    The land expansions; is it only obtainable through the 1 big note pay at the npc in west archo, or do you actually get any (besides 1 at the start) from... leveling homestead? Or anything else?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Thanks Desdi for the helpful videos I've posted these on my factions forums so don't have to explain this a million times. :)

Edit: For land stuff see the other thread. Apparently you get a charter at lvl 10.
    Post edited by darkonome on
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    prosperity increases the chance to craft fine items, it also increases your daily energy, and it also increases your chances to gain higher level dailies (instead of "mulberry" quests you can get cyan/orchid/whatever they are called at higher level) gives more sigils as reward which you need for g17 weapon, more dirt for the ulti skill, star chart materials, war avatar cards, etc.​​
  • cloudmistress
    cloudmistress Posts: 7 Arc User
    xalyxx said:

any1 knows how the carriage quest work? backpack is gone and i can't complete quest

Sorry for answering so late. I had the same problem, for two days in a row i had to trash that quest because of same reason. Idk if it is a bug or something but, to prevent this problems in the future (at least until they fix it or something) this is what you can do. First ... trash that quest you can't complete ... there is nothing you can do about it, second, make sure, when you get the homestead quests next time, to take ONE at the time, you take one, you finish it ... then you take the next ... and so on. It worked for me. Now i can get new recipes ... finally.
  • cloudmistress
    cloudmistress Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    There is something else i've noticed that might be useful, about upgrading the production buildings, there is no point to lv.them up at the same time. For me i use wood and brocard more then cristals and jade so i try to make sure i get more of those so my wood building is at lv 3 the fashion thingy and jewelry building is at lv 2 and the cristal buildin still at lv 1 ... i only need a few of those at this point ..
  • catgirldesu
    edited April 2016
    That's a very good point. I would assume the materials you use (more than others) depend on the mastery you picked.
    darkonome wrote: »
    Thanks Desdi for the helpful videos I've posted these on my factions forums so don't have to explain this a million times. :)
    fox-25.gif​​
  • lacyyoss
    lacyyoss Posts: 4 Arc User
    how do u use the charter, it gave me one but cant figure out how to use it. what level does your hs have to be to use it
  • catgirldesu
    Press m in your Homestead and then choose which land you want to unlock. Do keep in mind there are level requirements and also the more lands you open the more charters you need. Though I don't remember which are the level requirements.​​