Bring Back Most Fun Event Since 2008 - XNW

Options
monoftalm
monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well and gratz on new expansion PWI!

My Topic is for GMs covering most fun PWI event since 2008 - and I am maxed out +12 JoD player that has seen it all over the years.

This is for GMs,

And I am being serious - Cross Server NW is the most fun event PWI has ever came across with, it gathered the most players in one place PWI has ever known and it has also created new friendships and bonds on each server playing together.

Make a survey from players that DO NW - and you will have vast majority (80%+) that are in favor of Cross Server NW.

Right now I might as well stop doing NWs all together, this comes for most of my friends from Europe and are on Etherblade server.

I would love to know what made PWI change this and under what criteria !? Example of number of complaints for sure is NOT enough - ppl that are happy just play and do not complain.

We had about 2000-2800 players each NW, combine it now each week and you will have less on all servers per NW.

Best,

Mono
<3

Comments

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    The people that do NW are in favor of XServer... that's because people like me who think xserver is a joke stopped going. I will be attending the old style NW because that's something actually resembling balance.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    The people that do NW are in favor of XServer... that's because people like me who think xserver is a joke stopped going. I will be attending the old style NW because that's something actually resembling balance.

Agreed. I've been to two xross-server NW's. Only one was remotely fun.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    XNW was a great idea, but a few things ruined it: unbalanced servers, Commander system needed an improvement, Time of event was a problem for some people, one nw instead of two, difficulties to find guild mates, no BL or filters for nation chan... I think some of these problems were not making people fighting as team, they were pushed to go solo.

edit: I'm from DA and it wasn't more fun cause we were winning: hard to find battles not full, we spend too much time on map, with a lot of base reset. And the last time a lot of people were not used to lose and just ragequit.
    Post edited by zoube on
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly, make it where there is a server NW on Friday night and a xserver NW on Sunday. With xserver NW get rid of the commander, they are not necessary and most commander buy the position so they make a ton of profit and do nothing but sit in the base.
  • kiterunner
    kiterunner Posts: 26 Arc User
    Options
    Cross server NW was fun and rewarding, I did not care if our server came first or not, still had an enjoyable time doing this event. I can only second monos comments as he was pretty much spot on.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Well, suppose it was fun for europeans on the US servers to be able to attend at a normal time for once.
    Server transfer never.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please don't say that it only fun for euro and maxed out players, I'm both a US and a non maxed out player. The xnw was hella fun compared to the old nw. So I'm for it coming back. Also on a side note, I'm from the TT server which came in last to thrid place except last weekend.
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    Options
    100% agreed to bring it back even if its modified.
    Most fun event PWI had-to date. It was challenging, and getting to know and talk to people in game from other servers really was a blast.

Right now, TW, NW and RW are all crusty and stale. Fighting the same people... booooring.

IF PWI could manage to:
    Remove the commander feature and make XNW like old NW where squads go in to random nations I think more people would enjoy and stop QQing about unbalance.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    People that like regular NW are basically just in it for casual playing for good rewards.
    Cross-server NW really only catered to people that actually like a challenge, and dont care so much about the reward.

And to me its fine that PWI chooses to cater to the casual players that like to take it easy, but imo to compensate for the people that are more interrested in a challenge I still think the Dragon Conquest season should be extended so those serious figths go on for a longer period of time.
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options

People that like regular NW are basically just in it for casual playing for good rewards.
    Cross-server NW really only catered to people that actually like a challenge, and dont care so much about the reward.

And to me its fine that PWI chooses to cater to the casual players that like to take it easy, but imo to compensate for the people that are more interrested in a challenge I still think the Dragon Conquest season should be extended so those serious figths go on for a longer period of time.

Funning thing is now that reverted back the prices for things like SOW have dropped dramically. Venders were buying SOW for 6x the manu now its back to less than a mil. What those people who qq about it don't understand is that xnw offered a good solid way to grind for coins.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    I don't play for rewards, I play to make my nation win. A nation having 200 more people than yours isn't a challenge, it's a rapefest.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    capnk wrote: »

Agreed. I've been to two xross-server NW's. Only one was remotely fun.

I give it 2 weeks before im taking suggestions for NW that you cant squad b4 entering...

The balance is wrong. Flame has a disadvantage because of location etc.

@sylenthunder Ill bet they give us the LARGE map rather than the small one. Or has this been taken into account? Little let down by the update many people are asking me about things and all I can say Is the servers are full for that instance. Really the system should give like a 102 error.​​
  • sylenthunder
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know nothing more on that. I agree that it definitely needs some work. I'm hoping that they were able to increase the max entries at least. Half of it is what we/PWE wants, and the other half is what China/Wanmei will actually code for our version.​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    I know nothing more on that. I agree that it definitely needs some work. I'm hoping that they were able to increase the max entries at least. Half of it is what we/PWE wants, and the other half is what China/Wanmei will actually code for our version.

Would make sense to have a lot more settings Dynamic than Static. Like NW time.

I just wonder sometimes. Hopefully the extra racks will be enough. their where a few people who said the resource limit would be bad.​​
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Bring XNW back !​​
  • mrthespy10
    mrthespy10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    Bring XnW back, but not Server vs Server vs Server vs Server, mix all the players/groups just like the original NW.

Now I am not a coder or anything so I have no idea if that idea will ever become alive or if it's worth the effort.
  • doomerzz
    doomerzz Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    elyora2 wrote: »
    Bring XNW back !

NO.jpg​​
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    Options
    No, do not bring cross-NW back. It was a good decision. The way it was set was NOT fair and enjoyable for most players. Some reasons for this being a failure is said by zoube
    zoube said:

XNW was a great idea, but a few things ruined it: unbalanced servers, Commander system needed an improvement, Time of event was a problem for some people, one nw instead of two, difficulties to find guild mates, no BL or filters for nation chan... I think some of these problems were not making people fighting as team, they were pushed to go solo.

Also, I don't think Wanmei is going to make changes for our version, at least, not easily as they're trying to mirror it with the CN version as much as possible. I don't see them removing the commander feature, neither making the nations random to fix the balance issue. So, no. At least people who need gear up (and NW is the only farm-able way for some items), or wants some more balanced fight can have a chance.

For just THIS announcement, and no even a TRUE event, I already see the prices of SoW drop 6x!!! See, merchants were inflating prices 6x than normal to make profit from the misery of the event. I can't say I am not happy seeing them fail, and have losses of profit xD I know tokens were rarer with all this BS of xNW, but people were clearly exploiting others for coins (BIG greed+manipulation of prices). So, Thanks PWI for making the right decision.

And BTW, you can make the poll or whatever survey you want to take PWI players' impressions over xNW. I am pretty sure, the NO, don't bring it back will win by large margin, bc most people see the old way as more fair.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    From what I know, China still has xserver NW, so I guess our issues are only technical. If so, there is a hope it comes back some day.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • monoftalm
    Options
    Thank you all for comments - I second notes that the simple fact you might have had more tokens before - or that xnw is unbalances - might be a strong stand.

However remember the policy when there would be few OP squads, same OP squads, Every week, and Every Week, and how same guild members might not beat each other up as much!??

Make no mistake about it - XNW brought fun, challenges, made people feel like part of a bigger PWI community and most of all - it made foes work together - this made each server a better place, after all, this is a game.

Mono
    <3
  • monoftalm
    Options
    My plan is to keep opening NON Suggestion Type of thread on general forum as when thread gets moved here it pretty much gets less active and no more replies.
    <3
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Actually, I decided to take the thread as a suggestion, because you guys are really asking for xnw to be returned, which is a suggestion. So I brought it here from GD. Activity on the thread hasn't diminished at all since it was moved.

Domino is aware, as is the rest of the team, and he has stated that they are still talking about it.​​

​​
  • monoftalm
    Options
    I appreciate that, however, since imo players check on general discussion for hot topics and imo again check this section as a "i wish we had this and that" forum section - it kinda is not only less active but has way less views, 444 views from 420~ last day, this new thread on general section has already 350~ in one day.

xNW is actually event most ppl kept in-game and active on weekends in PWI - removing it is a huge mistake by PWI management - I really would like to understand the drive of it, as its a fact - there is less ppl now, more alt buffers and way way way less fights that are fun on full maps.. Not to mention for OP squads u rly have to pray to either not go against same OP ones or be on side of same OP ones as its both Not fun.
    <3
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    this is confusing. first people complain about xnw and demand old nw back. so they changed it back. now there's more complaints and demanding the return of xnw. people need to make up their minds. i can get that with op being the leader of one of Etherblades top (in my opnion cause i know others will disagree) TW factions it makes sense that they would want to bigger challange of xnw as they can handled the unbalance of it being top gear JOSD +12(as he said, been a while since i last randomly looked at his gear). But for i would wager that most of the players on any server are not fully maxed out, simply because it's freaking expensive regardless if you farm coin or spend cash, and dont have as much fun with the event because even with what could be good gear are constantly one-shot by the maxed out players. I tend to escape spawn killing, but i still get one shotted. r9rr armor +5 with some gems (still working on the weapon, hard to do being on disability and can only save a couple dollars a week plus hours on Jolly Jones to afford it, it's taken years, but i'm still going for it). I'm not trying to complain here, just trying to be real about the entire situation and thinking about it from both sides of the argument.
    and on another note as far as xnw, i wasnt sure to laugh at or pity that one guy who bought his way to be commander with a massive army of alts for several weeks in a row even taking up all three election slots one week (yeah he claimed that he only bid the minimal amount for all three slots that week, but he's never been trustworthy in my book). But i never knew if it was because he was just so desperate to be commander, or because he knew he wouldnt get many votes without his alt army.
    just my observations as to that whole situation. of course seeing as i'm not a big name on Etherblade, and dont want to be, this will probably get looked at me being jealous or butthurt, and to that i laugh, because they know i'm telling the truth
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • darkbleueyes
    darkbleueyes Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Mono i support you 100%...Seriously PWI please get back NW cross server it was the best fun event u made since very long years...keeping regular and add XNW would be the solution to all problems. So ppl can still farm NW on their omw server and XNW come up for challenge high geared ppl that really want some fun because sorry i been in regular NW there is very less ppl than XNW even in US server.
    Im European player playing this game over 6 years for ppl like me and yes we alot stuck in US server since PWI cant move us in EU server this xNW was also for us good opportunity to go for a bit of challenge and get those supply tokens...
    i agree xNW need to get some fix to be more balanced like no commander or why not get every players from every server mixed? like regular NW. Also im pretty sure ppl would put more rl cash into ur game if u bring back XNW since more challenge i could speak around with most my friends most missing xNW. Well atleast one good things still going on is xTW... so please really since China got xNW think to bring it back to us too someday thx you...
  • druppyjkj
    druppyjkj Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    Anyone who like Cross server Nation Wars was probally from Dawn glory.
    They just miss the vast amount of tokens they were making. Now that they have to fight each other its balanced.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    I prefer cross-server Nation Wars and I'm from Twilight Temple, which was usually in third or fourth place.
    Well, I understand some people didn't like it and others couldn't attend due to the time and all that. You really cannot please everyone, but they should have a regular and a cross-server NW event to satisfy more people.

A lot of people went to xNW because they could get good fights against people from other servers. Cross-server TW takes forever until you can finally get a good battle with someone equal to your power, and even then it's not guaranteed because you cannot control who you attack.

PWE encourages us to work on getting better gear, and now to farm the G17 weapons, but they take away our PvP events or they don't adjust them properly for our version of the game.

I'm not saying they should only listen to the geared players that mostly care about PvP, but they need to compromise because a game like PWI should be trying to satisfy as many players as possible.

​​
  • darkbleueyes
    darkbleueyes Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Please guys and sylen check this:
    arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1205084/we-really-miss-xnw

We are many that want the challenge back. Please give it us back like 1 day for regular NW in each server, another day for xNW that would solve everything !!

• sunnynight
    sunnynight Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    Bring XNW back!!!

What this game really needs for "fairness" is level bounded events or perhaps boundary level bounded events or reawakening bounded level events.

Currently I'm guessing the game is really discouraging for new players because the only pvp that exists for them is 3-4 years away where as all the other players have put in the years to get their gear. All the pvp is unbounded and therefore dominated by the top gears. I think this is the most discouraging part about the game for lower level or newer players and this is the same demographic of people complaining about cross server nation war.

This demographic of players requires pvp events that are level bounded, reawakening bounded, or boundary level (primal arcane/mirage/astral/shifting) bounded to ensure fair enjoyable fights for all and I believe this would bring back a ton of life to the game.

I posted another thread here for PVP Brackets
    www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1205180/pvp-brackets
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Will Log.

with Notes.

Thanks.​​