Comments

• elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Lol jup. That + the no more XNW = Not much fun anymore​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Seriously the new slots suck more than old and now nw became bot city once more thanks pwi...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I don't really mind this change, honestly. Most 3 hour wars are tiring and not that fun anymore anyway.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't like three hour TWs in the long run. After two hours performance drops for a lot of people. It just gets tiring.

Though, I can also see this becoming a bit of a problem for big TWs since the extra hour helped. Factions turtling and winning by default (defending faction) could become more common now.
    ​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    Least they gonna fix the cata glitching, which should make TWs a lot faster. I do hope we get that patch on our expansion too.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    now faction will have to use actual strategy to win v_v RIP pushing B lane for 3 hours hoping u win
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

now faction will have to use actual strategy to win v_v RIP pushing B lane for 3 hours hoping u win

As long as cata glitch is in place, which seems to be the case now that I found patch notes, its pretty damn hard to win even TW in 100mins. Not saying winning 80vs80 is impossible, we seen pretty devastating rolls on Etherblade in TWs, which were supposed to be close. But just because gear and numbers are close to each other doesnt mean factions are close to each other in real strength.

• chary
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »
    Least they gonna fix the cata glitching, which should make TWs a lot faster. I do hope we get that patch on our expansion too.

Is it just seeker transposition or is it also reel-in? Because the latter is also very much an issue.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chary said:

saxroll wrote: »

Is it just seeker transposition or is it also reel-in? Because the latter is also very much an issue.​​

By my understanding its for both, catapuller becomes immune to displacement skills. I imagine it includes reels, seeker skill, even mystic knockback. But I dont speak chinese so I cant promise I understood the patch notes correctly.

Edit: The link for parch notes http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20160216/76240.shtml

• chary
    Options
    Kinda sucks on the knockback, but understandable.​​
  • rikkert1234
    edited April 2016
    Options
    saxroll said:

As long as cata glitch is in place, which seems to be the case now that I found patch notes, its pretty damn hard to win even TW in 100mins. Not saying winning 80vs80 is impossible, we seen pretty devastating rolls on Etherblade in TWs, which were supposed to be close. But just because gear and numbers are close to each other doesnt mean factions are close to each other in real strength.

Or start using Blademasters to pull cata, I personally prefer this either way, since imo the ability to use leaps is much more powerful than invoke these days, with freeze being such an important part in the kit of many classes :) Or at least have people ready to be back-up catas in case of a glitch, or target the opposing seekers before traversing thru the gate, or use immunity while traversing thru the gate, there's really so many solutions to the seeker ****.
  • keihan007#7641
    Options

Or start using Blademasters to pull cata, I personally prefer this either way, since imo the ability to use leaps is much more powerful than invoke these days, with freeze being such an important part in the kit of many classes :) Or at least have people ready to be back-up catas in case of a glitch, or target the opposing seekers before traversing thru the gate, or use immunity while traversing thru the gate, there's really so many solutions to the seeker ****.

Why would you ever use BM to pull cata over barb? There is far fewer vit BMs than there is vit barbs, which limits amount of worthwhile BM pullers pretty heavily. Locking BM down might be harder but when you actually do this slightly more challenging task, dropping the BM compared to a barb is a joke. Barb is simply the only class build to take the kind of beating real TWs require of catapullers.

I carry catascrolls on archer in case I see one dropping despite being bit squishy for it. Most of the faction I am in carries catascrolls, well least the tankier players. But barbs are dedicated catapullers for a reason.

Ps. All your suggestions to use immunities, killing BMs/Seekers/DBs before entering base are idiotic. You are never going to have complete base control in even TW so waiting for it is only wasting your time. Waiting is more likely helping the defending side, which has time to pull back its offense and get another few squads in place to defend.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    With all due respect OK I'm sure there are plenty threads about seeker glitch w/e.

On Tideswell we are extremely lucky to have two factions that are almost equal in strength, we have challenging solid fun TWs (no, no one pushes B lane in 2016 bro) and 100mins for a TW is a change that only encourages one push rolling smaller factions.

Why was this change necessary, 1st they **** up NW and then realise their mistake and revert back to normal, now instead they are **** up TW, just what are these devs smoking.

We managed to beat QQme on an attack in just over two hours last weekend, expecting a win in 100mins is a big ask.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • rikkert1234
    edited April 2016
    Options
    saxroll said:

Why would you ever use BM to pull cata over barb? There is far fewer vit BMs than there is vit barbs, which limits amount of worthwhile BM pullers pretty heavily. Locking BM down might be harder but when you actually do this slightly more challenging task, dropping the BM compared to a barb is a joke. Barb is simply the only class build to take the kind of beating real TWs require of catapullers.

Im just speaking from my own experience ofcourse :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gso1IvA-88Y&t=150

Feels a lot better to be the BM in this situation :blush:

The suggestions you claimed to be idiotic ended up pulling through for us, Im not saying its ideal, but its a lot better than losing ur whole push due to 1 seeker glitching ur barbs, since our opponent too, kept glitching us over and over
  • keihan007#7641
    Options
    Not gonna watch a whole video

saxroll said:

Im just speaking from my own experience ofcourse :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gso1IvA-88Y&t=150

Feels a lot better to be the BM in this situation :blush:
    And the moment his frontline, the barbs, died he used his CDs and dropped pretty instantly. While the barbs took hell of a beating before dropping. Which is exactly my point. If there were only BM pullers, theere wouldnt be that frontline to absorb damage and you wouldnt have one guy sitting on backside.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    darkonome wrote: »
    With all due respect OK I'm sure there are plenty threads about seeker glitch w/e.

On Tideswell we are extremely lucky to have two factions that are almost equal in strength, we have challenging solid fun TWs (no, no one pushes B lane in 2016 bro) and 100mins for a TW is a change that only encourages one push rolling smaller factions.

Why was this change necessary, 1st they **** up NW and then realise their mistake and revert back to normal, now instead they are **** up TW, just what are these devs smoking.

We managed to beat QQme on an attack in just over two hours last weekend, expecting a win in 100mins is a big ask.
    The TW times changing is just another thing that was changed in China, and gets passed down to our version. They want to keep our version more similar to theirs, so you will not likely see this reverted.

Strategies will have to change, and it will be interesting.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Options
    I would like a 100min lost-TW than 3 hours win-TW. hard to find a race in rl last for 3h without any break.
    100 min is enjoyable to me.

all strategies and skills are based on gear + number,
    this change just give the def ( weaker) faction more successful chances and asking the attacker more gear and number up.
    also give more chance to ganking strategy
    it is just pwcn what to do, nothing about pwi.
    But so far, I don't see any QQ or happy about this change in pwcn forum, seems no1 care about it.

but as a casual player, id care about those things which usually worried by faction offcials and TW commander.
    in this game, put 100min in the weekend is enough to me.

BTW, seems SvS TW asked more good coordination.

Last week, we met infamous, i did felt that. if two similar OP faction, there must be a good coodination or easily lost the points

Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Options
    I got very mixed feelings about this. Yes, a 3h tw is very long but cutting it to almost half is way to short.
    My guess, what is gonna happen now, we will see much less tw's from equal factions since defending becomes much easier now.
    Stronger factions will just simply attack the weeker ones to get a secure victory.
  • matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    Options
    100 min TW is perfect now view on best fration and deffens is given new proportion
  • iamnotfat
    iamnotfat Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    rip tw, indeed
    rip tw due to abysmal performance, even high end pc you get single digit fps with 100 or more chars in fov
    rip tw due to horrendously broken SB, your team has more SB's then the enemy, grats on the victory
    rip tw due to the countless bugs that lock catas in air
    rip tw due to complete lack of management options for officers, who is in the instance, who has squad, who is afk, where is person x..
    rip tw due to, we could go on and on, the 100minute tw is actually a good idea - IN THREORY, but with current tremendously overpowered endgame gear and cards two more or less equally strong faction will never ever win an attack. and this doesn't even take the new, even more overpowered gear into consideration.

tw was rip long before this change, if there will not be an engine upgrade that fixes the huge performance issues it will be rip pwi - deservedly. and we didn't even mention economy yet!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    More power race, more pvp gear, but less pvp events. Logic? monkey-19.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    More power race, more pvp gear, but less pvp events. Logic? monkey-19.gif

The logic is cashgrab. Which they already did by using pre-order packs without giving any useful information about what you are actually "upgrading" to.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    The logic is cashgrab. Which they already did by using pre-order packs without giving any useful information about what you are actually "upgrading" to.
    But if there is no pvp, there is no motivation for ppl to cs. Okay, there are pure pve ppl who are also interested and they pay, but cutting big part of fun for pvpers, cuts some part of income as well.
    TW was damaged enough by often map resets, now it's damaged even more. xTW is a gamble and you need to take whole map before system gives you real faction in pair (and it gives 2ppl vs 60, good job).
    What else to do here? Run fs every day? tiger-2.gifSeveral times per day. 7/24/365. Nice fun game.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • darkonome
    Options
    PvE international.

Question to the people that 'don't mind this change' how long does your TW last vs the strongest opposition on your server. If it's less than 100mins then quite obviously you wouldn't mind.

It's the same reason why people complained about the way xTW is working, in order to assure points it's makes more sense to defend the easy lands and no show the fight that you would like to have, unless you can comfortably field 150+ players at that time to risk going for the max points.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • chary
    edited April 2016
    Options
    darkonome wrote: »
    Question to the people that 'don't mind this change' how long does your TW last vs the strongest opposition on your server. If it's less than 100mins then quite obviously you wouldn't mind.

TW situation on DG is as such: Infamous managed three hour defend Crisis last weekend (which I can't offer my opinion on since I was only there for the last hour or so of it) when previously those wars lasted maybe an hour with Crisis as the victor. Mayhem was wiped off the map also this weekend after losing within an hour or so to Reign and in the previous weeks, getting progressively one-pushed by Infa. There aren't really any other guilds worth mentioning as I'm pretty sure Mayhem could still like one push Requiem probably.

Three hour wars for me are usually a headache. Sure there is the rare good three hour war, but it doesn't happen often. Regardless, with the cata glitches being fixed soon, 100 minutes should be fine as that seems to be a big factor in the lengthening of wars.
    It's the same reason why people complained about the way xTW is working, in order to assure points it's makes more sense to defend the easy lands and no show the fight that you would like to have, unless you can comfortably field 150+ players at that time to risk going for the max points.

I'm of the opinion they should not have bothered with a seasonal prize for cross tw anyway so people will be more likely to go to the better fights.

But the real tragedy of this patch is cross server NW being disabled rather than anything to do with TW, cross server or otherwise.​​
  • mrthespy10
    mrthespy10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    The whole point of "Turtling" is defending.. All I see here is reasons to complain.

3hours Tw? If you can't touch the crystal in less than 100 minutes, do not even expect to win in 3 hours lmao.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    You'd be surprised, we've had some really good 3 hour TWs, including winning in the last 10 minutes. But most battles are indeed decided in an hour and a half. I think this change won't hurt anything in the big scheme of things.
  • darkonome
    Options
    Well on Tideswell last weekend, we had Tempest vs QQme lasting just over 2hours, and Dynasty vs Valhalla lasting just over 2 hours (Tempest and Dynasty as the victors). With this 100min limit, I foresee land grabs and blocking/bidding shenanigans, unless one of the factions strength erodes due to people RQ'ing/selling accounts/middle finger to PWI farmville etc. :|

I agree xNW was really fun, now people will spam alts again and leave battles when OP squad enters, complain about faction mates 'spawnkilling' etc. :s

Also 'turtling' is a very bad way to defend js, the whole point is to keep them out of your base rather than let them in and try killing them out, spawnkilling and 2fps means you will probably lose that way. Prime example in the QQme fight last weekend on our final push they waited inside the base for us, crystal went from 15m to 0 in one push.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx