I am back and a question.

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
So I am back after 2 months of break. Not that anyone cared . The upcoming expansion brought me back.
So I have a new laptop. Finally! So I am downloading the game right now.And since this has windows 10 I wanna know how good PWI runs with windows10.Cause I remember that on forum people were talking that you need to do some adjustments so you can play in fullscree or something like that. And since we were here a link pls to the thread on how you can bypass arc in case of need please.
Ty in advance.
giphy.gif

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If I remember right, the fullscreen black (flicker) was resolved a little while ago.
    To bypass arc, make a shortcut of elementclient.exe and add the argument "startbypatcher" to it

You can also let it keep redrawing while minimized, see here (asterelle's post)​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Run the client as administrator so you don't tank the swap file. (Issue should be fixed in the anniversary update of Win10.)
    Exclude the client and Arc folders from Defender, or whatever AV solution you are using. (If you dl from Steam next week, exclude the Steam folder.)
    Allow pass-through of the firewall for the .exe files.

Oh, and it runs a bit smoother than on the previous versions of Windows, which is most likely due to less CPU overhead taken by the OS. You're not going to see a big difference from having 12 cores or an awesome GPU though.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    edited April 2016

Run the client as administrator so you don't tank the swap file. (Issue should be fixed in the anniversary update of Win10.)

Exclude the client and Arc folders from Defender, or whatever AV solution you are using. (If you dl from Steam next week, exclude the Steam folder.)

Oh, and it runs a bit smoother than on the previous versions of Windows, which is most likely due to less CPU overhead taken by the OS. You're not going to see a big difference from having 12 cores or an awesome GPU though.​​

Ty for all of this. Didnt had to do anything. It worked fine. Still have to learn what redrawing means. English is not my first languece. Maybe I am missing something but it didnt do anything strange while I was playing.
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1

Oh, and it runs a bit smoother than on the previous versions of Windows, which is most likely due to less CPU overhead taken by the OS. You're not going to see a big difference from having 12 cores or an awesome GPU though.

Ty for all of this. Didnt had to do anything. It worked fine. Still have to learn what redrawing means. English is not my first languece. Maybe I am missing something but it didnt do anything strange while I was playing.

The redrawing just means that if PWI isn't in the foreground it keeps "playing" to put it in easy terms. So if you were to look at a webbrowser while pwi is running, then the preview screen in windows 7+(7+ meaning 7, 8, 8.1, 10) will show PWI running instead of a static image.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• bloodedone87
    I am running pwi right now while typing this comment and I dont see anything of what you described. But ty for telling me what it means.
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1
    I am running pwi right now while typing this comment and I dont see anything of what you described. But ty for telling me what it means.
    When you are out of pwi, try doing the aero peak thing; move your mouse over your PWI client, it will display the client's screen.
    Normally, it's just a static image, if you add the console:1 rendernofocus also the your shortcut, it will show PWI's world moving.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif