Game out of balance, agree or disagree?

Options
2»

Comments

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    so much wrong there ... low equipped psy proccing soul... just as an example ...

the ops right now are zerk classes and everything thats getting too much hp from refines!!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    You want more balance. Get your credit card out because that is about the only way you are going to get "balance"
    The game as always been unbalanced. People just adapt to it, and try to cope the best they can.
    NGTUy53.png

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    Yes, I agree the game is getting out of balance.
    Basically what everyone is saying in this thread is unless you are r999 you can't compete in PVP. Which is the long and indirect way of saying that you are right, the game is unbalanced.

So your options are to spend money in game and cash shop your r9 (hundreds if not thousands of real life money that you are signing away, read the TOS you dont own your character) or, you can farm for years to be able to PVP (which is becoming increasingly difficult and maybe even impossible now with changes to economy), find another illegal operation PWI wannabe in which you can have it all right away but also can shut down any time, or find another game where the support staff actually have control over how the game is balanced and you actually own your account and things you buy in game.​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I accidentally pressed "post", so I guess I'll edit now and make an actual post lol.

Anyway, at this point PWI mainly relies on the veteran players because this game is already 10 years old (counting PWCN) and new players will generally rather try out newer games, especially since there are so many MMORPG options nowadays.

A lot of players who have top gears now are players who have been playing for years and slowly farmed or CS'd their things. With that in mind, you can see how PWI just keeps getting content and stuff that is generally meant for players that are already level 100+ with a certain amount of gear.

Really, the only way to fix the power creep is to either make a new version of PW or make some PvP events where you have to use event gear. The latter wouldn't really be enough to satisfy people though. It would get boring eventually.

As far as skills and class balance goes... Well, that's another topic I don't want to dwell into.
    ​​
  • kuthond
    kuthond Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options

I accidentally pressed "post", so I guess I'll edit now and make an actual post lol.

Anyway, at this point PWI mainly relies on the veteran players because this game is already 10 years old (counting PWCN) and new players will generally rather try out newer games, especially since there are so many MMORPG options nowadays.

A lot of players who have top gears now are players who have been playing for years and slowly farmed or CS'd their things. With that in mind, you can see how PWI just keeps getting content and stuff that is generally meant for players that are already level 100+ with a certain amount of gear.

Really, the only way to fix the power creep is to either make a new version of PW or make some PvP events where you have to use event gear. The latter wouldn't really be enough to satisfy people though. It would get boring eventually.

As far as skills and class balance goes... Well, that's another topic I don't want to dwell into.

​​

This is some interesting stuff :)
    I was thinking the same, this game indeed "starts" at lvl 100. I realy wonder if there are actually people who still start on this game nowadays the old fashion way. wich means leveling to 100 with normal quests and bounty hunters, crazy stone and so on... I think there are very few. There is even a stone wich instantly get you to lvl 95. It is a shame that there is nearly nothing for starters anymore. Maybe that is another thing for PWI to change in the future.

I think this is a good oportunity to show PWI what things are unbalanced and not right. Maybe they will think of ways to please they're customers ^_^
  • krazyeyez87
    krazyeyez87 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    game is balanced lol, you have 3 types of player, cashers, abusers, and then f2p.
    Cashers just swipe the credit card without learning a thing in game till they endgame geared
    abusers are people who run 9, 10 or more accounts to scam the market, or they abuse codes and get tons of free stuff that pwi intends t be used on 1 or 2 accounts. example is the bank increase stones, +10 orbs. this also applies to those who farmed r9 by running fc and selling, and farming tt gold drops back in the day.
    F2P are the ones who learn to use skills, work the hardest at obtaining the gear they have and earn what they have.
  • usmc1990
    usmc1990 Posts: 46 Arc User
    Options
    How is farming tt and run fc and sell to make money is consider abuser?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    usmc1990 said:

How is farming tt and run fc and sell to make money is consider abuser?

Maybe he couldnt do it and he is jelous of the people that could farm tt and sell fc.
    giphy.gif

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    No I disagree, the game is fine as it is.
    r9 is not neccessary for pvp. Knowing your classes strengths and all makes you able to be a strong asset in all PvP fights. Ofc you wont be able to 1on1 people that could oneshot you...but then thats just to be accepted. Focus on mass and you can still be great and have loads of fun.

What everyone also seems to forget is that PWI is doing it right. In this game you nearly always have something to improve, something to work for but you coule also just pvp for a whole week without bothering anything else. I have played each and every MMORPG that came out after the release of PWI to max level and I've always returned. Why? Cause once you hit the level cap in other games you just farm your mac gear in a month or 2 just to do zero or only instanced PvP in most cases. You habe literally nothing to do besides that. Thats if you dont like farming useless fashion and mounts ofc. only weird ppl do that anyways.

To get to the point: PWI keeps you busy and is very rewarding actually cause with the right amount of money and/or determination you can get real advantages over others in this game. In most other games you farm for months just to be on the same level just to be equaled out anyways in most pvp scenarios. so you see now why i have always returned. All the other current MMORPGs are just ****. its not worth it spending time in them cept ofc you level to a minlvl to just pvp all day. that would be great. But actually playing the games? No ty. I got PWI for that :)
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Clerics are under the strongest classes in this game. The Amount of control skills they have is abnormal. A great cleric can single-handedly decide the outcome of a group-PvP match if done right. Your gears are just underwhelming, thats all xDD
    >Votes that the game is not unbalanced
    >Posts this
    This is why I can't take anything you post ever serious. You're so contradictive, it's almost painful to read. It hurts and burns my soul with the power of a bazillion suns.
    I just can't even.

How is it balanced if 1 single person can determine an entire match between multiple people, because of the class he/she is playing? That's the definition of not balanced.
    That's like being in an argument with someone, and both have good arguments, but you throw a sucker punch to his/her face and then say lol I win.

tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jsxshadow
    Options
    And that's why I cannot take any response to my comments serious. The classes are only the tools, any class plays a distinctive role in this game, especially in mass PvP. If a certain class has some advantages then the player also needs to be able to utilize those advantages and the enemies should also be aware of those advantage and form counterstrategies. Don't forget that I always say "CAN". This means that its not 100% certain that this person actually owns and determines the outcome of a match. It means that if the player is really really good and the enemies only consist of nubs then yes. This cleric would be able to own big time.

That most people lack common sense doesnt surpise me. Just as much as the fact that most people also dont seem to understand my posts. Sorry that I dont wanna explain every single word I use and think that people might be able to think for themselves just once.

The only thing I am trully sorry about is that I really still believe that I dont have to school the entire world. Oh well, it seems I indeed have to.

SOOOO many things in life seem to be unbalanced, broken or just plain unfair whilst it is mostly just a stronger person vs a rediculously weak person which makes it look like that. Why are people able to overcome challanges in their lifes that first-off seem impossible to achieve? Cause they adjust to it, find ways to make it work. Same goes for PWI and their classes cept duskblades. But one class alone, that is also a nonfactor in mass-PvP doesnt break the balance for an entire game especially since everyone and their mother claims that they dont care for 1on1s anyways.
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    Should I start a thread called ''jsxshadow against everyone part 2'' and sylen move the last 3 comments there?
    giphy.gif

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    you guys should actually start reading what jxshadow is posting, instead of making assumptions.

the guy got alot of valid input .... it just feels like everyone gets offset by the huge ego compelling those inputs.
    im not saying, take it all kindly , but im saying ... relax and start reading .. instead of pretending to read and give ragy answers :)

just my 2 cents
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    This generation can't read.

Game balance is a difficult issue to appoint to. Many opinions. Many different levels of players. Many mentalities. This is one of those endless discussions who will most likely to take us nowhere while we still play the game be it enjoying or complaining about how one steps over another for whatever reason. All revolves around ego in the end.

Should I start a thread called ''jsxshadow against everyone part 2'' and sylen move the last 3 comments there?

Like you have added any valuable input into this discussion. :|
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • bloodedone87
    Options

Game balance is a difficult issue to appoint to. Many opinions. Many different levels of players. Many mentalities. This is one of those endless discussions who will most likely to take us nowhere while we still play the game be it enjoying or complaining about how one steps over another for whatever reason. All revolves around ego in the end.

Like you have added any valuable input into this discussion. :| </blockquot

The struggle is hard men. Should I reply to this? Should I ignore it? Should I reply to this? Should I ignore it? What should I do?

giphy.gif

• magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options

Game balance is a difficult issue to appoint to. Many opinions. Many different levels of players. Many mentalities. This is one of those endless discussions who will most likely to take us nowhere while ...

pwi yet has free to play model: players can try for free and pay to play at high level using best available equipment
    (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play ).

... we still play the game be it enjoying or complaining about how one steps over another for whatever reason ...

Interesting, why here is "Arc user" for every forum member ? I never used Arc. Also I don't play pwi already.

Post edited by magicsabre on
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

And that's why I cannot take any response to my comments serious. The classes are only the tools, any class plays a distinctive role in this game, especially in mass PvP. If a certain class has some advantages then the player also needs to be able to utilize those advantages and the enemies should also be aware of those advantage and form counterstrategies. Don't forget that I always say "CAN". This means that its not 100% certain that this person actually owns and determines the outcome of a match. It means that if the player is really really good and the enemies only consist of nubs then yes. This cleric would be able to own big time.

That most people lack common sense doesnt surpise me. Just as much as the fact that most people also dont seem to understand my posts. Sorry that I dont wanna explain every single word I use and think that people might be able to think for themselves just once.

The only thing I am trully sorry about is that I really still believe that I dont have to school the entire world. Oh well, it seems I indeed have to.

SOOOO many things in life seem to be unbalanced, broken or just plain unfair whilst it is mostly just a stronger person vs a rediculously weak person which makes it look like that. Why are people able to overcome challanges in their lifes that first-off seem impossible to achieve? Cause they adjust to it, find ways to make it work. Same goes for PWI and their classes cept duskblades. But one class alone, that is also a nonfactor in mass-PvP doesnt break the balance for an entire game especially since everyone and their mother claims that they dont care for 1on1s anyways.

Certain classes are de facto stonger than others, simple example is magic DD rol, SB simply outperforms the others. Or the fact seekers are basically useless in any sort of PvP because there are classes, which simply outperform them in every role you can think for them.

You clearly have never fought any semi decent DB if you think they are non factor in mass. They are even more effective than sins if played right as they simply take absolutely no damage from ranged attacks, which makes AAing them pretty damn ineffective. If you dont deal with the DB though it will just rampage and kill your back line. Yes there are couple of ways to deal with it but both have their weaknesses and saying the class is any more balanced in mass is a joke.

Ps. You write a lot of nonsense for somebody who thinks its their job to educate the world.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dave76netherlands
    dave76netherlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good to know G16 cleric is undergeared Joe, i noticed that myself haha.
    But really to have a survive chance and PvP i have to agree.. cleric need to be R9rrr. Pve my gear is more then fine.

The skills everybody call there not hitting skills but sleep and dodge skills.

I love NW.. but a cleric has to hit and get hit becouse healing and dodging won't give nw tokens and that a straight out fact.
    jsxshadow said:

i'm one of the clerics who cant effort r9rrr.

So been playing g16 cleric with meridian, neuma, shifting sky lv 10, war cards 40/40 80/80 (no set sadly) etcetera done, and to 99% of endgame players i'm hitting them between 250-500 no crit damage lmao.

So PvP you need end game gear or your just OS toon food :neutral:

Cleric has no chance to block any stun and most chars stun. So i look very pretty while getting OS during stun :(
    It does not matter how many things pwi adds to make your chars better.. you still end up one shot as cleric.

R9 Barb 50 damage and OS with 14-21k hp
    R9 Sin 200 damage and OS with 24-29k hp
    R9 Seek 2500 crit damage and OS with 22-38k hp
    R9 Veno 200 damage and OS with 14-21khp
    R9 Dusk 250 damage and OS aroud 30k hp
    R9 Cleric 2500-4k crit damage and OS with 14-20k hp
    R9 Storm 2500 crit damage and can barely/not survive.
    R9 Psy 50 damage and OS with 21-30k hp
    R9 BM 150 damage and OS with 25k hp

Cleric is so out of balance in PvP that seal and sleep are only chance keep you alive while dogging all direct attacks.
    Direct attack .. you end up dead 99.9%.

Clerics are under the strongest classes in this game. The Amount of control skills they have is abnormal. A great cleric can single-handedly decide the outcome of a group-PvP match if done right. Your gears are just underwhelming, thats all xDD
  • jsxshadow
    edited February 2016
    Options
    saxroll said:

jsxshadow said:

Certain classes are de facto stonger than others, simple example is magic DD rol, SB simply outperforms the others. Or the fact seekers are basically useless in any sort of PvP because there are classes, which simply outperform them in every role you can think for them.

You clearly have never fought any semi decent DB if you think they are non factor in mass. They are even more effective than sins if played right as they simply take absolutely no damage from ranged attacks, which makes AAing them pretty damn ineffective. If you dont deal with the DB though it will just rampage and kill your back line. Yes there are couple of ways to deal with it but both have their weaknesses and saying the class is any more balanced in mass is a joke.

Ps. You write a lot of nonsense for somebody who thinks its their job to educate the world.
    Seeker are useless and weak? Reading this I could've stopped reading the rest. Seeker are not in the slightest weak, it's quite the opposite. Again that what I was talking about. Anyone and their mother plays or has played seeker and 95% of them are just dumb. Sorry but thats a fact. Gimme an equally geared seeker and I kill any other class with it. Always and anytime. Outplaying people with a seeker is childsplay.

Name a good db then? I have met nearly all high-end, famous Duskblades during NW. Even when there only has been my storm and the db without anyone else hitting on me I have never ever encountered a situation in which I got locked down completely, even without using my genie. I always could break free easily which shouldnt be the case vs decent dusks or at least not when I would play the dusk. But then again, most duskblade are fail Sages so one could figure :dizzy:

Any class would be devestating if you ignore them. BM, Barbs, Seeker, they can also clear the backrow if you dont focus them. Why are dbs a joke in mass? Once their genie is gone they can do 0 to get out of even the simplest stunlocks and thus they are neglicable. They just get locked and die. IF you play nubs then ofc the DB appears to be strong. Do I really have to repeat myself over and over and over again or are you people finally getting it.

If you still think I am all talk. Setup a server, make it like PWI, invite me. I beat you with any class vs any class. easy. gg. Can also record that. This challange goes out to everyone. Judging from what you guys write you have either a very blurred view on this game or you are just plain bad players.

I am not arrogant. I dont have a big ego...but seriously. How can I let people spread BS all the friggin time just cause they dont realize it might be their OWN FAULT that they dont stand a chance in certain situations? It is my duty to correct you guys on that and I will also prove it if I have to. SKILL SKILL SKILL AND EVEN MORE SKILL. Thats all that matters. If you outplay your enemy then you can always win. Cept versus great duskblades as a caster, thats nearly impossible. In a 1on1. That's all.

The topic of this thread is revolving around the imbalance of this game. IS it imbalanced? NO. Just dusks are a bit tricky in 1on1 like I've said multiple times. Archer are also not underpowered. A purge from range is literally the only thing that gets me killed most of the time. Even in 1on1. With the right gear/genie setup you still have a high chance to beat nearly all classes.

PS: I won't bother posting any more regarding this topic. If you are to arrogant and ignorant to realize the truth in my words then thats your own fault. I don't need to repeat myself 1000 times just to get talked down by ppl that have 0 actual experience at least in comparision to me. Just the fact that everyone seems to deny the possibility that all their problems could be because of their own inability is braindesturbing. Over and out.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

<

Seeker are useless and weak? Reading this I could've stopped reading the rest. Seeker are not in the slightest weak, it's quite the opposite. Again that what I was talking about. Anyone and their mother plays or has played seeker and 95% of them are just dumb. Sorry but thats a fact. Gimme an equally geared seeker and I kill any other class with it. Always and anytime. Outplaying people with a seeker is childsplay.

Name a good db then? I have met nearly all high-end, famous Duskblades during NW. Even when there only has been my storm and the db without anyone else hitting on me I have never ever encountered a situation in which I got locked down completely, even without using my genie. I always could break free easily which shouldnt be the case vs decent dusks or at least not when I would play the dusk. But then again, most duskblade are fail Sages so one could figure :dizzy:

Any class would be devestating if you ignore them. BM, Barbs, Seeker, they can also clear the backrow if you dont focus them. Why are dbs a joke in mass? Once their genie is gone they can do 0 to get out of even the simplest stunlocks and thus they are neglicable. They just get locked and die. IF you play nubs then ofc the DB appears to be strong. Do I really have to repeat myself over and over and over again or are you people finally getting it.

If you still think I am all talk. Setup a server, make it like PWI, invite me. I beat you with any class vs any class. easy. gg. Can also record that. This challange goes out to everyone. Judging from what you guys write you have either a very blurred view on this game or you are just plain bad players.

I am not arrogant. I dont have a big ego...but seriously. How can I let people spread BS all the friggin time just cause they dont realize it might be their OWN FAULT that they dont stand a chance in certain situations? It is my duty to correct you guys on that and I will also prove it if I have to. SKILL SKILL SKILL AND EVEN MORE SKILL. Thats all that matters. If you outplay your enemy then you can always win. Cept versus great duskblades as a caster, thats nearly impossible. In a 1on1. That's all.

The topic of this thread is revolving around the imbalance of this game. IS it imbalanced? NO. Just dusks are a bit tricky in 1on1 like I've said multiple times. Archer are also not underpowered. A purge from range is literally the only thing that gets me killed most of the time. Even in 1on1. With the right gear/genie setup you still have a high chance to beat nearly all classes.

PS: I won't bother posting any more regarding this topic. If you are to arrogant and ignorant to realize the truth in my words then thats your own fault. I don't need to repeat myself 1000 times just to get talked down by ppl that have 0 actual experience at least in comparision to me. Just the fact that everyone seems to deny the possibility that all their problems could be because of their own inability is braindesturbing. Over and out.

Trollololol. Why dont you then provide some OP strats how to beat even an archer as a seeker? Any remotely decent archer wont die to a seeker, granted archer is never killing remotely decent seeker either. Then again everybody agrees archer is pretty much the most worthless 1vs1 class in game, seeker is pretty down there too. Short of SS combo seeker has absolutely no kill pressure and any remotely decent player knows how to deal with it in 1vs1 situation.

Its clear you dont read. DB is way tankier than a freaking BM to ranged damage, has better CC than sin and more damage than any other class in game. Only weakness is lack of real tidal. The thing is, BM who tries to get to backline is generally out of position and dropped with combination of CC, debuffs and AA. But as I explained earlier, AA doesnt really work on DBs, you really need either melee player(s) to deal with it, which has its problems, or you just sleep/sog spam them. Considering how powerful sleep/sog spam is, its pretty damn expensive way of dealing with a player who just happened to roll a DB.

Ps. Judging from the nonsense you post, you might be great 1vs1 player but you clearly have flawed view of mass. Mass generally comes down to number of EPs & purges and having sufficient HAs and DD to work with. DB is simply mix of HA tankyness and DD making it pretty broken in mass.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Its very easy for me as a seeker to kill an archer... Most Seekers are dumb and just spam SS and hope for zerk/crit, they dont know how to stun lock, they dont know how to combo properly..
    I would say that BMs are a bit OP in 1v1 due to their high defense with marrow and their high damage during HF (just a zerk/crit during HF can kill the oponent). A good BM that never forget his marrow in 1v1 shouldnt die to mag class.
    Archers, I would say that they are underpowered in 1v1 cause their oponent will just keep coming close to the archer and this makes it very hard for the archer to kill its oponent.
    DB in 1v1 are broken cause they just perma stun their oponent.
    As for other class, I dont have much to say since im more a mass pvp player.

As for mass pvp, I think none of the class are more OP than another, every class has its job and seekers arent just a class that just takes hit... it can deals damage... again if properly played. BMs are there to support, aoe stun/dg etc. Wizard can support with ice prison or work with the bm to mass aoe. They can also work with seeker's SS to deal very high damage (have been done many times in pvp). Barbs are there to annoy ppl and tank or kill ppl (depending on your build and gears). Veno are support mostly, Purge, Nova, etc. Cleric are there to heal and buff (ofc) and hit sometime during free time. Archers should attack the same target at once while the target is being stunned by anything else, also BoA is very good in TWs due to purging like 2-4 ppls at a time, archers deals a good damage once his target is purged. About Assasins, they should be assisting bms/barbs and DB to deal high damage while there target is being stunned. About psys, idk much about this class but I know its good if they assist with wiz for undine debuff and seekers for SS debuff so they can deal very high damage. Seekers, i would say they support and DD. Coordonating with a bm/sb/wiz to mass aoe can just kill everything. As for support in tws, seekers are there to sac slash their target so the mag dd of the team deals high damage on the target. Seekers are tank but they arent there to only tank ppl, there is a lot of things they can do. About mystics, again idk much about this class but I know their heal is fast and can save someone for death. As for SB, coordonate with BMs/Seekers/wiz/archers... well everyone that can aoe and do the tornado to take down multiple targets at once. Then about DB, they can be good target caller cause they make the target unable to do anything while the rest of the squad DD on the target.

About gears, even if you have G15/G16 gears, you can still do something for your squad.
    BMs can go stun/HF and also keep squad buffed, Wiz can mountain seize and undine for psys, barb keep squad buffed and make ppl hit you in invoke, veno purge and Nova, clerics buff and heal, tho about G16 archers i would say G16 archers are useless cause they dont purge and deal no damage, so if you are a G16 archer, think about getting a purge bow so you'll maybe actually do something. Assasin in G16... try annoy ennemy's clerics, psy can sage heal to purify his squad and do aoe stun, seeker will use SS and give wep buff to his squad, mystic will heal and res buff his squad, SB spams tornado and DB annoy ppl.

I surely didnt mention many things in this post but I tried to say important stuffs to show that with whatever stuffs and whatever class you have, you can do something for your team and you still can be a good player for your team.
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

Clerics are strong I get that, but clerics' control skills aren't that op, they can keep anyone on their feet for a long time but most other classes can also do the same to clerics. Seal of God reduces 90% damage and sleep isn't that useful in mass pvp. Clerics have low dph and so so dps even with primal great cyclone imo, even the heal debuff loses its effectiveness since any class' hp pool is insanely huge nowadays.

Clerics are prone to cc skills, they don't have anti stopper skills such as anti stun or any movement specialty for escaping and rely on IH to tank some damage before being stunlocked.

Clerics' strongest point is in 1on1 but the thing is some people insist on having cleric buffs when fighting a cleric even if both party has more or less equal gears. I am pretty sure that every class are made to be balanced in skillsets and each has already given their own buffs/debuffs/survival skills in their skillsets, so cleric buffs are solely for clerics in a 1 vs 1.

Even though clerics are one of the strongest 1on1 class, people with the right genie skillset can beat clerics more easily, faith to break sleep skill, will surge for anti seal, anti sleep, and heart of steel for immunity to metal element, how to use them is not predicting when a cleric will use any of its cc skill but when is the time to refuse being cc'ed, and heart of steel can be used to buy time for the next charm tick. With all that clerics will have a really hard time to kill anyone.

Imo the devs need to add a new mechanic to reduce permastun, like debuffs with the same icon would lose a bit of its duration if casted on existing debuffs.
    Post edited by freygin on
  • kuthond
    kuthond Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There is alot of talking going on about classes in PvP and some being better of weaker than others but I dont agree with that. I actually think PWI did a very good job on all the classes and make every class good in its own way, every class has certain advantages over certain classes while being weak to other classes.
    nimao20 said:

About gears, even if you have G15/G16 gears, you can still do something for your squad.
    BMs can go stun/HF and also keep squad buffed, Wiz can mountain seize and undine for psys, barb keep squad buffed and make ppl hit you in invoke, veno purge and Nova, clerics buff and heal, tho about G16 archers i would say G16 archers are useless cause they dont purge and deal no damage, so if you are a G16 archer, think about getting a purge bow so you'll maybe actually do something. Assasin in G16... try annoy ennemy's clerics, psy can sage heal to purify his squad and do aoe stun, seeker will use SS and give wep buff to his squad, mystic will heal and res buff his squad, SB spams tornado and DB annoy ppl.

jsxshadow said:

r9 is not neccessary for pvp. Knowing your classes strengths and all makes you able to be a strong asset in all PvP fights. Ofc you wont be able to 1on1 people that could oneshot you...but then thats just to be accepted. Focus on mass and you can still be great and have loads of fun.

\

This is what bothers me, its a fact that there is a huge gap between R9 and any other gear. Ofcourse skill is a kill factor also but still from my own experience i can say that even a freshly cash shopped R9 dude without any knowledge about his toon is no match for my years of experience on my assasin since i do like 300 damage on him and he does 10k+ damage on me by accidently clicking the right skill xD
    About being helpfull as a non R9 player is ofcourse true, for example: I have saved some capture the flag battles by immobilizing and stunlocking the enemy flag carrier right before the delivery point so that others could kill the dude and eventually win the match. And that counts for all classes. But the point is that it still isnt realy fun to do pvp based evends if you get 1 or 2 shotted by the far majority of people because you have 1 grade lower gear...

It is true that PWI is unlike most other MMO's very active in keeping the game challenging and fun to play for the long term players(thats why i still play it). But new players are not realy motivated to begin this game since it starts at lvl 100 and end game gear is required to do well on all the big evends like tw and nw and any other pvp related evend.
    Its a game that is fun to spend time on but it can be much better if PWI realise that there are certain things that are a bit outbalanced. atleast that is my opinion ;)
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options
    simple and to the point:

classes to buff:
    wizards
    archers

classes to nurf:
    mystic
    duskblade
    cleric
    psychic

balanced:
    barb
    bm