GM And/Or PWE Staff Accountability

daymond
daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
Not for the first time, and certainly not for the last, PWE staff has failed to honor and/or own up to their word.

I could reference any of these:
- Dragon Quest Points system
- Patching for the memory leak
- an update to the new Angelica Engine
- Content Release Dates
- Correction for the loss of Faction Icons which came with server merge
- The newly imposed icon format submitting limitations which followed
- Follow through on CM hosted events such as PvP tournaments which were scheduled but never happened
- Contest Rewards/Prizes
- Physical rewards for continued patronage still yet to be received
- TW Season reset

I am sure much of our community could point out further inconsistency which I may have missed.
Today however I am appalled at just how blatant the failure has become.

August 5th 2015, GM Enelimm announced "Territory Wars will be reset, and from now on will last for 3 months instead of 6! It means more challenge, more glory and more rewards for you! We know many of you have been longing for this change for a long time, we're glad it's finally happening and we truly hope you enjoy it to the fullest."

November 4th 2015, it didn't happen and there was NO response or warning of the failure to deliver.

November 11th 2015, GM Enelimm said maps would NOT be reset in order to allow factions time to qualify for Treasure island (Many factions already did!) and PWE failed once more to end a season (And it was their shortest Season EVER) at the announced/scheduled time.

January 22nd, More than 2 months later, LESS factions qualify to participate in Treasure island due to map monopoly. GM Domino stated LIVE that TW reset would happen this up and coming patch.

Today, February 2nd, LESS THAN 2 WEEKS LATER, GM SheepClouds contradicted Domino and you've gone back on what you announced to us AGAIN!

alFcxeg.png
www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven

Comments

• kidding#1112
    kidding#1112 Posts: 32 Arc User
    get rekt​​
  • iamnotfat
    iamnotfat Posts: 7 Arc User
    wehre is the accountability of my drug dealer

-his product is so cut, i barely get a high
    -sometimes he cut's with rat poision some of my junkiefriends died
    -he still increases the price
    -no refunds on **** dope
    -sold my house for more dope, he doesnt even know my name
    -unfriendly to the extend of beating me to the e.r. if i don't have enough money and want some product
    -new dealers fighting over the corners, and we the junkies get shot in the process, too!

but it is all ok, coz it is free to play, i mean the frist sample was free!

you expect accountability from a pusher, lol.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    - Contest Rewards/Prizes

Literally an update for this in one of the sticky'd threads: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1203350/anniversary-plushie-update/p3​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    The DQ point system was scrapped when Arc took over, basically sort of under new management and what not, or a change of rules and regulations.

As for the TW Reset.... I can't, that's been annoying me far too much.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Read the ToS you agreed with tiger-1.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    File with the BBB. its your only option unless youd like to hire a lawyer. which I'm sure has been done before. just dont expect any resolution through the BBB. The support staff that handle tickets handle complaints from the BBB as well. You will have the same outcome there as you would a support ticket. You can only just add to the 350+ complaints filed against them.​​
    Post edited by armoftheland on
  • isomatrixx
    isomatrixx Posts: 6 Arc User
    What I find interesting with posts like these, are the people who actually defend the company when there is an actual grievance. Little wuss players who are content to show their belly whenever PWE/ARC screws us over. Its very interesting to me the people who do this the most often are the same people who spend lots and lots of money, and are in love with their sadomasochistic mmo existence. Its a super unattractive trait, and I think they actually believe they are taking the honorable position. There is nothing honorable about defending a company such as this when they **** all over the players.

I actually expect this post to be trolled by the same pathetic people with whome I am describing! Very very interesting!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    File with the BBB. its your only option unless youd like to hire a lawyer. which I'm sure has been done before. just dont expect any resolution through the BBB. The support staff that handle tickets handle complaints from the BBB as well. You will have the same outcome there as you would a support ticket. You can only just add to the 350+ complaints filed against them.
    isomatrixx wrote: »
    What I find interesting with posts like these, are the people who actually defend the company when there is an actual grievance. Little wuss players who are content to show their belly whenever PWE/ARC screws us over. Its very interesting to me the people who do this the most often are the same people who spend lots and lots of money, and are in love with their sadomasochistic mmo existence. Its a super unattractive trait, and I think they actually believe they are taking the honorable position. There is nothing honorable about defending a company such as this when they **** all over the players.

I actually expect this post to be trolled by the same pathetic people with whome I am describing! Very very interesting!

Except that the exact issue is that we all agreed to PWE's ToS when we created an account. And if you read that ToS you know that you are entitled to nothing and they can do basically whatever they want.
    They can ban your account, delete it, for no specific reason. They can shutdown the servers without any notice.

To be honest, I don't know why some people still expect PWE to live up to their "promises", or do so in a timely manner, while they have not been doing that exact thing for years now. And there is not a single thing anyone can do about it.

What I would like to know and/or have to say about the op:
    Agreed on this, but I thought jolly old jones or whatever was supposed to make up for that? But still, even if it is, then it's not even near to the DQ point system

What memory leak? I never had any. Also, if there is any then it's accountable for the devs in china, not PWE. PWE can only notify them, but if they don't reply to it, then that's about it.

Again, devs in china, PWE has nothing to do with this.

- Content Release Dates
    What exactly is wrong about this? The fact that they didn't write news posts or what? I agree that they should do that.
    As far as I know content was always released on dates specified, even if it was posted on a different site?

Not important enough for me to be bothered with, I get people were "mad" about it, just not to the extent they were.

Eh, misread this, so edit: as far as I know, there is no difference

- Follow through on CM hosted events such as PvP tournaments which were scheduled but never happened
    Dont know about this one because PvP

- Contest Rewards/Prizes
    They do send those out way too late, yes

Yeah, well same for you, try ordering hundreds/thousands of plushies and then send them out worldwide, boo freakin' hoo muh free goodies are not on time

- TW Season reset
    Should've been done long ago, but I don't care for TW

People should also learn what PWE's scope is and what is PWCN dev scope.​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    I figure I'll finally poke at this thread with a stick. I might parrot what some of dblazen said, but I'll try to give a bit more detail where I can.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/760694/important-dq-rewards-coming-to-an-end
    To be perfectly honest, a similar system just will not properly function, and with China adding in the botting system, it just kinda blew the whole idea. You won't see it anytime soon. Most gave up on it over a year ago.
    What memory leak? I haven't found any on Win7 or 10. I won't be caught dead with 8, and neither Vista nor XP are truly supported anymore. There was one a while back, but it's been resolved.
    When they brought back the original developers back in November 2013 the main announcement was that they were going to upgrade to the Angelica III engine. That never happened. We got new classes, areas, and instances instead.
    - Content Release Dates
    PWE doesn't get a whole lot of a heads up on that information from China. (You know, from Wanmei, the people who actually develop the game?) PWE's never been really good at announcing things anyway. Not since 2009 or so.
    I'm sure Domino will get an email on this any day now. samurai-20.gif(Sorry guys, but they really dropped the ball here.
    There aren't any newly-imposed limitations. I have tested successful submission on transparent icons through the submission page. (If PWE's Support Staff were any better, re-submitting them wouldn't be such an issue either. )
    Which CM hosted events is this you are speaking of? Was it ever promised, or was it just a maybe?
    - Contest Rewards/Prizes
    No argument here.
    They didn't keep us in the dark on this. We were fully informed the whole way. Plus anyone who is familiar with ordering items internationally knows how long it can be delayed. Also, they are arriving in peoples homes now.
    - TW Season reset
    This one is a multi-edged blade.
    You've already stated all the facts on this. I imagine the changes were due to changes that China made during developing the event for our bastardized version of the game.
    We will not be resetting the Territory Wars maps right now so that players can enjoy Dragon’s Conquest right away. We will announce the next reset in advance.

As a side note, you left out a few things that I'll leave here.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203232/giant-list-of-things-that-should-of-been-fixed-a-long-time-ago
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203604/pwi-war-front-the-good-bad-broken-and-not-listed-changes
    Oh, and I found this one funny.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203946/can-someone-tell-me-why
    There was another one I found funny that Domino responded to, but I can't find it atm.

Edit: found it. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/1203546/where-is-the-information​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User

I- an update to the new Angelica Engine

When they brought back the original developers back in November 2013 the main announcement was that they were going to upgrade to the Angelica III engine. That never happened. We got new classes, areas, and instances instead.

​​

I remember reading about a "Perfect World 2" in the forums last year and that it was called Perfect World 2 in CN because they upgraded to a new game engine. Was that just false rumors?
  • sylenthunder
    I remember reading about a "Perfect World 2" in the forums last year and that it was called Perfect World 2 in CN because they upgraded to a new game engine. Was that just false rumors?
    I'll put it this way, if they ever updated the game engine, they did such a poor job that it is completely indistinguishable from the original engine. I did quite a bit of testing in the beta stages of "PW2" with the Chinese client, and not once did I ever notice a bit of improvement in memory management or CPU utilization.

Besides, if you want to get technical, we've been playing PW2 since 2009. Looks like it was mostly a marketing ploy to revitalize the game.
    If they had put the time and effort in to upgrading the engine, we would only just now be getting the new classes. My bet is that they decided there was more profit to be had from new content than updating the engine to the same one Swordman uses.​​

​​
  • eaglestorm
    eaglestorm Posts: 46 Arc User
    I have to say, the fact you remember dates these things were said, is rather disturbing.....too much time on your hands honey!!!
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited February 2016

I figure I'll finally poke at this thread with a stick. I might parrot what some of dblazen said, but I'll try to give a bit more detail where I can.​​

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/760694/important-dq-rewards-coming-to-an-end

To be perfectly honest, a similar system just will not properly function, and with China adding in the botting system, it just kinda blew the whole idea. You won't see it anytime soon. Most gave up on it over a year ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, everyone is aware at this point that it simply will not happen. However, they announced that it would and made promises to their community. When they dropped the ball, there was no "whoops we're sorry" they just didn't say anything and hoped we'd all forget and it would go away. I guess that worked out well for them to be honest.

What memory leak? I haven't found any on Win7 or 10. I won't be caught dead with 8, and neither Vista nor XP are truly supported anymore. There was one a while back, but it's been resolved.

A memory leak is when a program doesn't return temporary use memory. I am currently running Windows 10 and yes it has been improved greatly but I still see it shooting up past gig after about 36 hours and have to restart the program (Also Arc is a piece of **** running like 7 instances of itself in the background but I won't get into that).

I don't think that consolation prize consoles me.

- Content Release Dates

PWE doesn't get a whole lot of a heads up on that information from China. (You know, from Wanmei, the people who actually develop the game?) PWE's never been really good at announcing things anyway. Not since 2009 or so.

I'm not talking about random patches/updates that were not announced. I am talking about when something IS announced to come with an update and then it isn't there. A very recent example would be the cross-server TW's which were announced to be coming out and then didn't arrive I believe two separate times before they finally got here (third time's the charm?). Also, yes, I am VERY much aware the limitations and capacity of GMs/Producers vs Developers. If anything, I have historically been more often or not an advocate for the GMs and PWI. However, the finger pointing/side stepping rhetoric is not enough for me anymore. It is THEIR job to address these communication problems and to be our voice to the developer and find a way to improve on these communication issues. If they can't do it then they need to find people who can. That is THEIR responsibility, and their failure to find resolution to these communication issues results in a negative impact and/or outlook among their player-base.

So no, they can either take responsibility for their failure to give/receive proper communication as is their job, or they non-verbally admit their company just does not care enough to do the job correctly. Whether they are understaffed, underpaid, underfunded, whatever else that is still THEIR job and pointing fingers to the people that they are supposed to be our voice to is not good enough.

I'm sure Domino will get an email on this any day now. samurai-20.gif(Sorry guys, but they really dropped the ball here.

There aren't any newly-imposed limitations. I have tested successful submission on transparent icons through the submission page. (If PWE's Support Staff were any better, re-submitting them wouldn't be such an issue either. )

Find me a single faction with a transparent icon from one of the merged's servers. Just one.

Which CM hosted events is this you are speaking of? Was it ever promised, or was it just a maybe?

Our CM months back (was it V4liance? Tbh they are getting a little hard for me to keep track of. It was the one we called Hey You I think? V4liance?) announced he was hosting & streaming PvP tournaments to interact with the community. He did one tournament on a PvE server and announced he'd do one on I believe Lost City the following week. Then was like nah actually I can't cuz the other GM I was gonna do it with had a thing, lemme get back to you. Then just poof he was gone or something. I'd be very grateful to whomever could find the 2 or 3 threads pertaining to that so i could go more in depth.

- Contest Rewards/Prizes

No argument here.

They didn't keep us in the dark on this. We were fully informed the whole way. Plus anyone who is familiar with ordering items internationally knows how long it can be delayed. Also, they are arriving in peoples homes now.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with you here, but you are right they did eventually step up and communicate with us. I don't believe they said anything at all on the matter until some time after thew community started speaking out when they didn't receive anything at the time it was announced they would. I have to imagine that somebody in the company realized they wouldn't be able to make good on their announced date some time before a week past the missed mark.

- TW Season reset

This one is a multi-edged blade.

You've already stated all the facts on this. I imagine the changes were due to changes that China made during developing the event for our bastardized version of the game.

We will not be resetting the Territory Wars maps right now so that players can enjoy Dragon’s Conquest right away. We will announce the next reset in advance.

Again, the "Well China didn't tell us so we are making stuff up as we go along" excuse is awful. This is their JOB. They are PAID to address these communication issues and FIX them. PLUS, while the release of the x-server wars may have been botched and mistimed that does not change the fact that THEY control when the TW Map is reset. I find it pretty doubtful that they decide to reset the map and China goes "No guys, we don't want your map reset". I'm pretty sure they have the ability to make good on their own word here whichever way that word might go.

Long Story Short:
    GM/Producers are responsible for communication between users and developers.
    Failures in that communication in either direction rests squarely on their shoulders.
    I for one, no longer believe anything they announce at all until it comes to fruition,
    Before anyone says "Then why don't you just leave", tbh I probably should.

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    daymond wrote: »
    Find me a single faction with a transparent icon from one of the merged's servers. Just one.
    There is a faction with a Tardis for the icon. That was submitted via the website post-merge. It is transparent. IIRC, it was submitted around the same time you submitted yours, and appeared in the same patch.
    I forget the name of the faction off the top of my head, but I know the leader. I'll try to get a screenshot for you later.​​

​​