East Servers Latency issues

2»

Comments

• anita
    anita Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I am so tired of this BS. Don't you guys have enough money to get secure servers? For real?
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Tideswell keep DCing... can they target another game/server for awhile :s
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    I wanna know when will this be fixed please it unfair to factions if we loose by default.
    The only GOP
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Theyre not targeting PWI specifically, we're just collateral damage. We're working to get stability restored.
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    [quote="anita;12714573"]I am so tired of this BS. Don't you guys have enough money to get secure servers? For real? [/quote]
    The ISP or Regional Node being attacked has absolutely nothing to do with the servers. Just FYI.
    It's also not something you can throw money at to fix.

What's BS here is people that don't even know what the hell they are talking about blaming PWE for something that is almost completely out of their control.
  • anita
    tiageros said:

[quote="anita;12714573"]I am so tired of this BS. Don't you guys have enough money to get secure servers? For real? [/quote]
    The ISP or Regional Node being attacked has absolutely nothing to do with the servers. Just FYI.
    It's also not something you can throw money at to fix.

What's BS here is people that don't even know what the hell they are talking about blaming PWE for something that is almost completely out of their control.

To start with if it was a denial of service attack it would not be possible to return to the game in at least 20 minutes and thats not what it's happening. I play a lot of games and this is the only one with this kind of problems pretty much since the server started in 2009. How is this not PWE fault?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    anita wrote: »
    To start with if it was a denial of service attack it would not be possible to return to the game in at least 20 minutes and thats not what it's happening. I play a lot of games and this is the only one with this kind of problems pretty much since the server started in 2009. How is this not PWE fault?
    You might want to read a couple of the sticky threads in the technical support forum and educate yourself about how the internet works.

Start with this one.

Then, if you want to get help, (instead of just blaming the company for something that isn't anything they have any control over 98% of the time), then read this.
    I've been trying to tell you guys since 2009, but most would rather whine, than try to find out where their issue actually is.

From what Domino said, it sounds like it's more likely either an attack on a regional node that PWE's traffic has to go through, or something similar. It's not a server issue for sure.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • anita
    I am not going to look on my side for problems that obviously are on the server side. If the game works i play, if it doesnt i play too ( something else), as simple as that.
  • sylenthunder
    anita wrote: »
    I am not going to look on my side for problems that obviously are on the server side. If the game works i play, if it doesnt i play too ( something else), as simple as that.
    Ignorance like this is why you will not get very far. There's a hell of a lot more than just your PC and the server involved. It's not magic after all. There's wires carrying your data very long distances.

So let's say you're driving to work. There's an accident slowing down traffic. Because of that you are late to your destination.
    Nothing is wrong with your car obviously, so you just blame your destination?
    Internet works basically the same way, but with data.​​

​​
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    mass DCing again on Tideswell along with lag issues 12:00 am
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    anita said:

To be fair, this is not how it should be but it is.
    What I mean is, I know it's not PWE's fault but still, it's reset right now at Tideswell and I can't play at all, keep getting dced so, unfortunatly I'll have to play something else and I think this is kinda what he meant.

The thing is, either we want it or not, being their fault or not, they lose activity during this time (obviously).

Anyways, time to pump those emulators and play old PS1/N64 games :3

Mr. Justice
  • camoodii
    camoodii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Well I checked my PC and my internet for lost packets and such and I know all this dc'ing mess is not on my end. So as some in this thread seems to say it's not a PWI issues all I can't say is, BS. (As in the smelly stuff from the rear of a bull...) I have never had these issues with other games with servers that have there HQ on the West coast but also support server on the East coast of the US. Seems like a PWI (PWE) issue. I suggest you figure it out because the East coast server really can't afford to keep losing it's players. Unless that's the plan? **** off as many of the East coast players as you can, make them leave then close this server? Srsly, get a handle on this, it's poor servers from your company for your player base.
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    Wow. Yall really are clueless.

Seriously, here's a basic diagram.

Your PC --> Your network --> Your ISP's CO --> Your ISP regional node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> Another node --> The Regional Node near PWE --> The CO for the ISP PWE uses --> PWE's network Gateway --> Load Balancing nodes --> Servers and inter-company network.

Now that spot I highlighted in bold is most likely where this issue is.

Do you see all of those spots in between your end and the servers? That's what SylenThunder is always talkin about that you simple folk don't seem to get. In fact, lets make a new chart for how you morons apparently thing it works.
    Your PC --> Your network --> The Game Server

I mean, are you guys seriously that dim?
  • anita
    So we ALL have problems in our nodes all over the world. Because this is an international DDOS attack. Hell yes! A Cyber World War! And all for PWI cause it doesnt seem to affect any other games!
  • anita
    I stream virtual worlds trough a dedicated server since before most of you were born. I know what happens when they can't handle the amount of data they are trying to stream. It's not rocket science.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    What anita said! I don't have any issues with any other games like I do with PWI, amazying isn't it? Only ONE game which gives me this amount of lag and dc's. If it's not their problem then why are other games not affected? FYI some of those games have been around al lot longer then PWI and some are even in other countries from me and yet, never ever have I had this much of a problem with them. Funny huh?
  • sylenthunder
    What anita said! I don't have any issues with any other games like I do with PWI, amazying isn't it? Only ONE game which gives me this amount of lag and dc's. If it's not their problem then why are other games not affected? FYI some of those games have been around al lot longer then PWI and some are even in other countries from me and yet, never ever have I had this much of a problem with them. Funny huh?
    Because your other games go through different routes.

PWI's East Coast server happen to sit right next to one of the largest international hubs in the world. Same goes for the West coast servers. Most of the time I trace high latency, it's coming from those areas.

@anita if they are targeting a node right next to the server, of course it's going to affect everyone internationally that is trying to connect to that server. Of course it wouldn't affect other games that do not go through that node.​​

​​
  • sensualsoul
    edited January 2016

Because your other games go through different routes.

PWI's East Coast server happen to sit right next to one of the largest international hubs in the world. Same goes for the West coast servers. Most of the time I trace high latency, it's coming from those areas.

@anita if they are targeting a node right next to the server, of course it's going to affect everyone internationally that is trying to connect to that server. Of course it wouldn't affect other games that do not go through that node.​​

So if it is a known problem why haven't they fixed it? Hello, if other games don't have the problem maybe PWI should do what they are doing. Just saying. Funny thing, but if I have my store in a bad area of town once I make enough money I would MOVE to a better part of town. Might even bring in more customers. What at though huh?
  • nbreaking
    edited January 2016
    anita said:

So we ALL have problems in our nodes all over the world. Because this is an international DDOS attack. Hell yes! A Cyber World War! And all for PWI cause it doesnt seem to affect any other games!

So if it is a known problem why haven't they fixed it? Hello, if other games don't have the problem maybe PWI should do what they are doing. Just saying. Funny thing, but if I have my store in a bad area of town once I make enough money I would MOVE to a better part of town. Might even bring in more customers. What at though huh?

Either these 2 people are trolling or plain technologically impaired :|
    @anita It's not a cyber world war :| The nod this goes through is not in PWI's reach, do you even internet brah?LOL
    I don't think you realize the internet is called the World Wide WEB for a reason, it's a web, signal passes through different nodes that you do NOT own. Simple as that, let's say your connection has to pass through your neighbour's house and he is under attack. Do you break down his door and with your mad computer skills (which have been proven by your comments) defend him against the DDoS?>:O Movie stuff right here, Anyways, no, you don't. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/internet.htm

@sensualsoul You're totally right!! Genius! Obviously they should waste a ton of money moving to another place, same with the servers, plug it all back in and **** because of DDoS! Yes yes, let's do that, oh, and BTW, I guess you also expect that to happen during the 2-3h of maintenance on Wednesdays?:3
    Let's be pratical here... PWI's servers ARE NOT a single computer running lol... You make it sound like it's a laptop catering to hundreds of people :| Yes, let's just move everything, it's not like servers look like this or anything.

Mr. Justice
  • sensualsoul
    edited February 2016
    nbreaking said:

anita said:

@anita It's not a cyber world war :| The nod this goes through is not in PWI's reach, do you even internet brah?LOL
    I don't think you realize the internet is called the World Wide WEB for a reason, it's a web, signal passes through different nodes that you do NOT own. Simple as that, let's say your connection has to pass through your neighbour's house and he is under attack. Do you break down his door and with your mad computer skills (which have been proven by your comments) defend him against the DDoS?>:O Movie stuff right here, Anyways, no, you don't. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/internet.htm

@sensualsoul You're totally right!! Genius! Obviously they should waste a ton of money moving to another place, same with the servers, plug it all back in and **** because of DDoS! Yes yes, let's do that, oh, and BTW, I guess you also expect that to happen during the 2-3h of maintenance on Wednesdays?:3
    Let's be pratical here... PWI's servers ARE NOT a single computer running lol... You make it sound like it's a laptop catering to hundreds of people :| Yes, let's just move everything, it's not like servers look like this or anything.

You know the funny thing is I don't get a paycheck from PWI...I checked and nope PWI isn't paying me not a cent. So I don't have to know all the tech stuff, that's their job not mine. However I do spend money on this game so in a way I am paying them, their paycheck comes from me and other that buy zen. Bad of me and others to expect good service isn't it? Yeah why on earth would a paying customer expect stuff to work and work well when they pay for something. So dumb of me...My bad. I really don't give a rats rear end how it works as long as it does. But then they don't need us paying customers right? So it's okay to give bad service and have you and your little "I know everything about tech..." morons try to make it sound like we are wrong to expect it. If you are so darn smart why aren't you working for them or for some other well paying company and fix this issue? Oh let me guess you live in your Mama's attic and try to make everyone else believe you know sooo much more then they do. LMAO Whatever dude. MY point is simple, they have options to fix it if they wanted too but they are to cheap to do so, so the bad service they give us is their fault. If I never spent money on this game then I wouldn't have a right to complain but I have so therefore I'm well within my rights to tell them to fix the game or lose even more of us paying players. Like I have said I do play other game, some from other parts or the world and I NEVER have issues like I do with PWI. Oh and by the way they did promise us players they would fix all this when they merged the servers, and still we have the same problems.
    Post edited by sensualsoul on
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited February 2016

You know the funny thing is I don't get a paycheck from PWI...I checked and nope PWI isn't paying me not a cent. So I don't have to know all the tech stuff, that's their job not mine. However I do spend money on this game so in a way I am paying them, their paycheck comes from me and other that buy zen. Bad of me and others to expect good service isn't it? Yeah why on earth would a paying customer expect stuff to work and work well when they pay for something. So dumb of me...My bad. I really don't give a rats rear end how it works as long as it does. But then they don't need us paying customers right? So it's okay to give bad service and have you and your little "I know everything about tech..." morons try to make it sound like we are wrong to expect it. If you are so darn smart why aren't you working for them or for some other well paying company and fix this issue? Oh let me guess you live in your Mama's attic and try to make everyone else believe you know sooo much more then they do. LMAO Whatever dude. MY point is simple, they have options to fix it if they wanted too but they are to cheap to do so, so the bad service they give us is their fault. If I never spent money on this game then I wouldn't have a right to complain but I have so therefore I'm well within my rights to tell them to fix the game or lose even more of us paying players. Like I have said I do play other game, some from other parts or the world and I NEVER have issues like I do with PWI. Oh and by the way they did promise us players they would fix all this when they merged the servers, and still we have the same problems.

I have no words for the amount of stupidity in this post.
    1. Read the ToS, PWE doesn't owe anyone jack ****.
    2. They don't have any control whatsoever over regional nodes, they can not maintain nor fix it.

Buying zen doesn't make you some privileged special snowflake, princess.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

LOL. Coffee on keyboard.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • nbreaking

I liked the part where you assume I am not working for a well paying company, also liked the part where you think I could possibly fix the issue from where I am :|
    Anyways, you paid because you wanted to, they never asked you to, you're paying to have a boost compared to others, it was your choice, the game is free, so, no, don't give anyone that BS.
    dblazen1 said:

LOL pretty much this. Because you threw money at something doesn't mean you are special.
    - Me dum dum. Me throw moneh. FIIIIIIIIIIIX EEEEEEEET
    - But we can't possibly...
    - FIIIIIIIIIIIX EEEEET
    - But you don't understand...
    *Throws 100 dollar bill* FI...X... EEEEEE....T!!!!

Mr. Justice
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    @sensualsoul So you dont know how the internet and other stuff work and then you say you don't want to inform yourself because its not your "job" to know things because? Knowledge is bad I guess?

Then you proceed to assume things about people that provide with the info because..? I guess you didnt like their tone or the fact that they actually do know more than you?

And then you proceed to complain about PWE not fixing things whilst not knowing what the problems actually are because you refuse to inform yourself.

#logic
  • sylenthunder
    edited February 2016
    This has gotten so derailed it's not even funny.

Here's a tip.
    • If you are experiencing lag, but the rest of the server is not. It's not likely the server.
      In this case, it's most likely on your end. Either your PC, your Network, Your ISP's CO, or the first regional node you connect to.
    • If you are experiencing lag, and a few friends are too, but the rest of the server is not. It's not likely the server.
      It's most likely a regional node that all of you are hitting.
    • If a large number of people are experiencing lag, but the entire server is not. It's not likely the server.
      It's most likely a regional node near the server that a lot of people have to go through to get to it.
    • If everyone is experiencing lag. It's likely the server, but still might not be.
      Case in point is this thread, where the DDoS attack was on a regional gateway right next to PWE's ISP. It affected the traffic to PWE, but the issue was not the server, or anything PWE had direct control over.
    • For those of you comparing this game to others, and their connectivity. You do realize that connecting to different games goes through different paths on the internet, and will not have the same results right?
      It's like comparing a road trip from Florida to Kansas with a road trip from Florida to Canada. If you still don't understand this concept, educate yourself already.

Since this issue is most likely over now, and the discussion is definitely not about reporting anymore, I'm going to shut this down.

If you want help, then read the threads I mentioned earlier and start a discussion in the correct forum. It will require work, and actually putting an effort into helping yourself. I understand that this may be difficult for some people.
    If you don't want help, but just want to whine. Go Away. You're really not wanted here because you're not providing anything useful. The internet isn't magic, and you really should get an education on reality.​​

​​
This discussion has been closed.