Stay tuned Because I think I am formulating a plan. ;)

jabq
jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
I've been checking things out and you guys are right, inflation has become a huge issue. As a company we try not to mess with the in game economy too much. Doing so leads to some pretty disastrous results. However, I have been looking around for more opportunities to create some relief to the pressure that the gold economies are creating. In addition the players I meet in game have also lended some pretty interesting ideas as to what we can do.

Stay tuned Because I think I am formulating a plan. ;)

Any update on the plan @thenamesdomino ? It has been over a month since you posted that, and gold prices are still the same.​​

Comments

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    At the time of posting that, gold was 5-6m on Etherblade, it's at a stead 4-4.5 with an occasional 5m for those greedy people. From where you got that I also posted an idea that seems to be in play at the moment.​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    At the time of posting that, gold was 5-6m on Etherblade, it's at a stead 4-4.5 with an occasional 5m for those greedy people.

How have we stooped so low, even 4-4,5mil per gold seems like a blessing monkey-2.gif I still find it not normal. Very inconvenient to trade, not even talking about newbies (anybody remembers them at all? pig-17.gif) for whom affording gold without CSing is like ascientific fiction.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jabq
    That is because nothing good is on sale right now. Bring back sochi packs and watch the gold climb back to 6m+. The purpose of the plan was to make gold available in the ah or reduce inflation (returning gold back to ah ultimately).

I just wanted an update on what the idea/plan was, and how/when it was implemented.​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    jabq wrote: »
    That is because nothing good is on sale right now. Bring back sochi packs and watch the gold climb back to 6m+. The purpose of the plan was to make gold available in the ah or reduce inflation (returning gold back to ah ultimately).

I just wanted an update on what the idea/plan was, and how/when it was implemented.

Since the original thread is too old to bring back to life, it'll have to be started here again...

Inflation, is extremely hard to bring down... the real world even cannot do such a task.
    Just like the U.S. - PWI can just increase the amount of coins into the game, which leads to more farmers, people who know the ins and outs of making coins, and then they buy/sell for high which then people they buy it from have more coin to buy gold at higher prices.

It's a never ending circle... What comes up, must come down does not apply here.
    Gold should be steady till March, by that month gold may have shifted lower a bit, but then sales for PWE will be down and they'll need a sale to bring back up their revenue. Which also brings back up ingame coin/gold prices.

It will be a slow process to bring it down, will take roughly 2-3 years rotation to keep PWE happy as well as players.
    One cannot drastically change things without upsetting the other.
    Unfortunately, as the game gets older, it becomes less of an attraction and shows less gain of new sources of revenue (new players).
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    As a GM you should sell for people all 4999900 "Price: Buy" gold. Vanish all those billions coins you get from sell. Now we have less coins in economy, less gold demand.
  • dahighroller
    dahighroller Posts: 29 Arc User
    I remeber when gold was 100k each then 300k then 1 mil aahhhh the good ole days
  • dahighroller
    dahighroller Posts: 29 Arc User
    and btw the gold only went to 1mil when anny packs first came out and its been messed up since......
  • tish91
    tish91 Posts: 2 Arc User
    main reason i stopped playing is the staff gives empty promises and just wants the PWi version to match china so later than ccan just blame the china pw and fold their hands sit on their chairs and say " Our job does not help you customers in any way all we want are ur wallets!"

pathetic really if there was a way i could get my money spent here i would .

i always come back hoping more from PW staff only to get stabbed sideways!

Good ridance

Note: feels really nice to let it all out
  • jabq
    tish91 wrote: »
    main reason i stopped playing is the staff gives empty promises and just wants the PWi version to match china so later than ccan just blame the china pw and fold their hands sit on their chairs and say " Our job does not help you customers in any way all we want are ur wallets!"

pathetic really if there was a way i could get my money spent here i would .

i always come back hoping more from PW staff only to get stabbed sideways!

Good ridance

Note: feels really nice to let it all out

I am glad you feel really nice to let it all out. In future, please stay on topic if you do wish to come back to the forums to create an account to talk about the game you left.

We are not talking about the good old days either folks, sorry. We are talking about the ability to buy gold from AH again, what ever the price may be. Solutions towards achieving that goal would be helpful.​​
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    i personally think the idea they are using to create boutique items that are so expensive is not only greedy but is making the economy worse. ppl feel priced out of certain aspects of the game, $1000 for r9, 1bil coin for g16 neck mats, 1bil(?) for ring, 4bil for jsod, X bils for rb2 cardset, another amount for refines, more for acc socketing.....

new players really cant compete or even join in when the cost to even make a dent is so high. ppl have stopped trying, so there are less ppl in the market for those items.

aside from the cheap pack frenzies pwe has been orchestrating, everything in the cashshop is insanely priced, i assume to eat up surplus gold/coins but the fact that a lot of these items require randomize packs, the cost becomes a greater barrier.

i would say they need to rethink the overall costs of things in the cash shop, big money players have already had fun with access to top gear and refines for a while now. its time to make base endgame more accessible to the wider playerbase. more base items need to be farmable and the advanced forms can still be somewhat expensive. the more ppl willing to work towards those items at a lesser cost should garner the same profit if not more.

i know i did not state my case very clearly, but maybe somebody got the gist of it.