Santas Gift Event Clarification?

Options

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Update: Did not get a response to yesterdays email. Im hoping to get an answer tonight.
  • lolabunny67
    lolabunny67 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options

snowduxon said:

getting more clarificaton on the pet thing would be great and i know you are trying but just worried seeing as what they told you goes against the event post

domino really and truly did just clarify your question. it was clarified before you asked it.

you get the pet, keep the pet egg in your inventory until the check is complete after 1/4. nothing more, nothing less.

and yes @thenamesdomino certainly responded quickly and as completely as he could given the responses he got. the CMs were never the problem, its the rest of the production and marketing crews and their inability to communicate clearly or effectively. we should not need to open forum topics to explain what a news post meant or to basically receive the instructions that SHOULD have been in the original marketing post. a little clarification is understandable but the last couple of promos aside from spend/charge/login rewards were so terribly worded i'm surprised anyone understood them.
    so dominos the man and we know that trys to get everything as fast as possible for us but i get what snow was looking at wich is to make sure the ppl that gave him that did in fact give him the right info when the event in news says the exact oppisite and domino cant help if ppl give him the wrong information hence the want of varification
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    Hi,

Any news? Since you said keep pet in the bag/inventory, and page under arc news saying keep the pet in pet bag.
    Thanks.
  • lolabunny67
    Options
    @thenamesdomino any reply about that yet more verification from your source would be awesome and ty as always for doing what you can
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Just got in the office, and looking through my weekend emails, stay tuned.
  • lolabunny67
    Options
    @thenamesdomino they ever get back to you to verify that its inventory and not pet bag when they do the check?
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    any update on this? As stated in the event post it should be pet bag.
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Options
    tuttle said:

So, I have several questions with this event

Phase one - login event. Simple enough
    Phase two - Complete the towers OR get the soulgem pack - is the complete the towers just anytime between when they came out and when the check for the event comes?
    Phase three - The new pets...SOME are under the impression, that you just need to have them in your pet bag at any point, while the text seems to state that you need them in your pet bag the day of the check.

What is the exact date of the check? I have two slots in my pet bag, have both pets, but I'd like to keep my mount also when possible.
    Do you need to have both pets hatched in your bag at that exact time to get the rewards?

Dont forget u also need the MYSTERY PRIZE from the 32 day log in event to qualify.

Though could not tell u what that is since there ere several events going on at once and none of the gifts I received specified they were the mystery gift. So even thought 4 of my toons did the 32 day log in and qualified for the mystery prize I still do not know if i even got it or not :( Cant find any post revealing what the mystery prize was supposed to be :(

As far as the pets go, it is my understanding that YES u need to hatch them and they need to be in ur pet bag during the end of the event when they tally up everything.
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    Options
    the 32day log in reward was a S card
  • lolabunny67
    Options

tuttle said:

So, I have several questions with this event

Phase one - login event. Simple enough
    Phase two - Complete the towers OR get the soulgem pack - is the complete the towers just anytime between when they came out and when the check for the event comes?
    Phase three - The new pets...SOME are under the impression, that you just need to have them in your pet bag at any point, while the text seems to state that you need them in your pet bag the day of the check.

What is the exact date of the check? I have two slots in my pet bag, have both pets, but I'd like to keep my mount also when possible.
    Do you need to have both pets hatched in your bag at that exact time to get the rewards?

Dont forget u also need the MYSTERY PRIZE from the 32 day log in event to qualify.

Though could not tell u what that is since there ere several events going on at once and none of the gifts I received specified they were the mystery gift. So even thought 4 of my toons did the 32 day log in and qualified for the mystery prize I still do not know if i even got it or not :( Cant find any post revealing what the mystery prize was supposed to be :(

As far as the pets go, it is my understanding that YES u need to hatch them and they need to be in ur pet bag during the end of the event when they tally up everything.

You need to read this stuff the whole reason we are still asing about pets is bc domino was to by the devs it needed to be in inv not pet bag therefore unhatched and that becomes a head scratcher bc yes the og post for the event said have and USE them which would mean in pet bag
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    I'd like an answer.
  • darkshadow
    darkshadow Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    @thenamesdomino can we please get an update on this seeing as today is janurary 5th. cause i did not even bother to read up on anything about this considering i was under the impression we had to keep it in our pet bag and not our actual inventory plus it was never stated correctly in the event page and i've had my battlebot in my pet bag for the longest time and would be pissed if i wasted 300m +32 days and 150$ for nothing ,-.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options

@thenamesdomino can we please get an update on this seeing as today is janurary 5th. cause i did not even bother to read up on anything about this considering i was under the impression we had to keep it in our pet bag and not our actual inventory plus it was never stated correctly in the event page and i've had my battlebot in my pet bag for the longest time and would be pissed if i wasted 300m +32 days and 150$ for nothing ,-.

i have to ditto this, i went to a far expense in time and money to qualify for one of those prizes and i was bamboozled out of the last 2 tiers of rewards. i logged on for the entire promotion and havent even gotten my rewards. how can we even prove it since you cant see the previous months attendance??? i checked and checked to make sure i had the items from check-in which verifies my attendance but i still have not gotten the prizes, if they want to also cheat me out of the santa gift i am going to be terribly angry.

@thenamesdomino this sounds like its going to spiral into a cluster$#%#^#$^ tomorrow when these gifts are due to land. im going to follow up on my tickets when i get home because i havent gotten any info in like almost 10 days.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    @dagoddominator the prizes for the cape/ring won't be delivered til mid janurary i believe if i saw the post about it correctly correct me if im mistaken tho.
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    you are right. it was 1/4 i believe when domino said the check would take place. it seems like all the well laid plans of the past 2 months promotion-wise have all fell to ruin. i really hope pwi doesnt **** the pooch on this, i'm trying to hold on and keep playing but playing around with promotions involving expense they implemented is the fastest way to lose paying players to other games.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    and i'll be pissed if i dont get my ring considering ive had the damn pet since novemeber when i bought it for 300m and had it in my bag for months litterally. Not like i got it after the 4th it was on my character way before that so it better count
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    i've also had it for a while. i would rather be able to use it as a pet instead and run my gundam all over instances while we wait for stragglers but noooooo it has to be in egg form.
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    i just got word from support that they were able to verify my login dates for me, they also confirmed that i am missing rewards on 3 toons. i know the santa's checklist is going to take a while longer to compile lists for but at least i feel very reassured that they are trying to make this work in good faith.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    but the pet list rewards supposed to come like next week lol
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    yeah i know, but as long as they are check logs that is a great sign that they can at least verify you qualify if the automated system doesnt deliver. then you just have to ticket and they will have to work out sending it to you manually.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    yeah true but the only thing thatd stop me would be the pet because i got everything else
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    i believe that wont be a problem. they can check that you have it, if the check is verified the other way around they will just manually give it to you. i have not been given reason in the past year to think otherwise, and i have had contact with some poor service from GMs more than a year ago but not recently.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    will shall see only time will tell(aka when they send them out xD)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of email :o
  • darkshadow
    Options
    yeah for some reason @thenamesdomino hasn't responded to this fourm post in ages for some reason.
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    so, the good news is that i received the 2 s packs i was missing from login rewards yesterday, i think for the s chest (that was the mystery prize right?) they need to send it out during maint or something so i will check when i get home.

this means they have taken care of that part of the check. I believe if you are worried about the pet check item there is nothing to worry about. they might be checking for the pet in bag or pet bag so as long as you possessed it on the 4th you should be good.

i have a feeling they actually managed to solve this issue without too much aggravation, other than keeping us in suspense. this would prolly be the fastest i've seen a matter be taken care of aside from where they lose money.
  • darkshadow
    Options
    @dagoddominator but see the thing is that i've had all my rewards from the login and such. i got those right away once i completed the logins
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    i understand that but in my case i experienced an issue. their handling of the issue compared to previous interactions makes all the difference. of course everything should work as intended but the value in customer service comes from how they resolve issues that arise.

nobody else has got the items yet so there is no cause for complaint at this point if you received the items and completed the checks.

the fact they looked it up and verified eligibility is the part you should pay attention to, because if you dont get the prizes when they mail them out initially, then you will have to receive thru opening a ticket, therefore from my experience i expect that if i dont get it i will because the info is searchable by hand and the CS staff has demonstrated to me that they can resolve it like intelligent ppl.

domino will respond when he can make a statement he can stand on, if he doesnt have an actual answer what is he supposed to write? anything he writes can and will be held against him, even the informal small talk. if it were me i would not respond unless it was with concrete info either.
  • dagoddominator
    Options
    i have been leaving bump comments on this for like a week now and they all seem to be getting deleted. so i guess i have to write a bit more to get this bumped... cus... you know... an ansnwer to this would be most appreciated.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    i have been leaving bump comments on this for like a week now and they all seem to be getting deleted. so i guess i have to write a bit more to get this bumped... cus... you know... an ansnwer to this would be most appreciated.
    Because just putting "bump" is not allowed. Only post if you are contributing to the thread.

Just like the plethora of other issues, they are aware, and it's taking time. You're going to have to have some patience because things with PWE take forever.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.