Stop Nation War commander system message

Options
bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
Stop with the system message that tells us every 5 minutes or less who was selected to be this week NW commander and how many votes he got. Its annoying. Just anounce him or her after the voting has ended.
giphy.gif

Comments

• officialbadass1
    officialbadass1 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    Is this really necessary to see every minute? It isn't like the red spam wall isn't enough with announcement to beware of scamming, new sales, upcoming events...
    Now we have the person who paid the most to become commander being congratulated for their financial support of PWE more often then the Pirate King whines for people to get 'prowned' (whatever the hell that means).
    This person gets votes? Why? Didn't they just pay to become commander? I mean, they are already being congratulated, right? If the status changed, if they got out-bid, if their credit card bounced - that would be worthy of the spam. But this every-minute-on-the-minute continuous announcement of nothing new? Why is it necessary? Announce a status change or just once at the top of the hour, but constantly? SHUT IT OFF!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Prowned

The act of getting owned by a pro.

You got prowned!

Also moved this into the correct forum, into the thread that was already started on this subject. Please peruse the forum and do some reading before you post next time.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • officialbadass1
    Options
    Actually, I had perused the forums. It isn't a 'suggestion', it is a question. Why is it every single time I begin a topic, Sylen, you deem fit to slough it off to the gates of obscurity? Did I do something to you in the past to make you single me out? I'm just curious. That's a QUESTION. A suggestion would be for you to pull the stick out of your ****.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Nope. I haven't singled you out at all. I moved your posts because you posted in the incorrect forum for the discussion.
    You started two threads in September in GD that were actually technical issues, so they got moved to the correct forum for those issues. Where the people who pay attention to those things will actually see them.

For this particular post you made, it will again get better viewing on the issue here in the Suggestion forum, where the people who actually check and submit this information can see it. Inside of a thread that was already started on the topic.

There is no stick involved at all. It's simply getting the information into the place where it will get the most mileage by the people that need to see it. If you feel offended by this, then by all means poke me and ask why it got moved. I'll respond very much like this.

Heero might miss your post because it gets buried in GD. However, in this forum, he's able to see it. He can also tally it as support for the OP of the thread that I merged yours into; and that will count towards a change possibly happening. Otherwise it's just you QQing in GD where it will get buried into obscurity.​​

​​
  • officialbadass1
    Options
    Yep, I can see someone is taking this "suggestion" that they are concerned about the Commander text seriously, since the OP posted three weeks ago and there is still no response.
    The reason for my inquiry, er, suggestion is to guage the response to this by others who may feel the same way, so that the Devs might reconsider the frequency of the issue.

I do still wonder though, why you would consider this a suggestion. I sure would never have thought to look for another poster asking the same question in the Suggestions section. So, please pardon me for my confusion.

• sylenthunder
    Options
    I agree that it's freaking annoying. It's not like we don't have enough red text spamming us already. Personally, it would be fine if it were once an hour, or even once every half hour.​​

​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    Is more than annoying. On Etherblade server the system message keep telling that xperson got 38 votes every 5 minutes in 1 hour. In 1 hour the votes didnt change but keep telling ppl that xperson got 38 votes. At least tell us when he gets a new vote. I dont know who programmed this system( i guess china was) but its kinda stupid.
    giphy.gif

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Will Log,

Will log with Notes: Please Change to every 30/60 mins. (Also this needs to be fixed as well as the current message says they have been voted. if I am correct. Ha n LOL.

Thanks.​​