GM Community manager Escalation [Incident: 151120-001364]

Options
monoftalm
monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
Dear GM and Community Manager,

I have been in PWI since 2008 and my current guild I lead since 2010, I finally decided to rename guild and submit a faction logo request, simply by removing marked letters from Drákōn to Drakon, or Dragon even, I double checked and the names and even that they were not showing as existing names - I could not rename as system is saying its unavailable.

Thus I submitted reply follow up on an previous ticket with screen shots that there are no guilds with names i seek in guild register.

I simply got told 2 times now to try something different - this is bad customer care, and if you want - players care. I would like to know why non existent guild names cannot be used and would like Developers to fix this.

Thank you
<3

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I'll follow up on this and see whats going on. It's possible that this could be an issue with the Database. As, in some of our games, if a guild has chosen a name (Like Dragon) a long time ago, and disbanded the guild later, that name gets locked for some reason and can no longer be used. I hope this isn't the case, but I'll try to get an answer for you.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you are talking about the list you can access in game through the Diplomacy function, that list only actually shows Tier 3 guilds who have had a player online in the past week.
    Tier 2 guilds are not listed
    Guilds where nobody has been online in over a week aren't listed.

Tbh, its pretty unlikely that the name "Dragon" wasn't taken on any server.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    daymond wrote: »
    If you are talking about the list you can access in game through the Diplomacy function, that list only actually shows Tier 3 guilds who have had a player online in the past week.

That list list is far from complete. One day it will show a faction, and the next day it will not.

Also, I could swear I've seen a T2 guild listed on it before.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    Options
    Message sent. Please check your message. :smile:
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options

daymond wrote: »

That list list is far from complete. One day it will show a faction, and the next day it will not.

Also, I could swear I've seen a T2 guild listed on it before.​​

^^ Correct...^^ They can tend to show up (atleast periodically) on the fac listings (even Part time 'Faux/Retired' facs) can show up on it... My old T2' fac from 2008 "which I'd frozen & retired from activity long ago, will still pop up occasionally, when I activate one of my older or lesser used or retired alts on it (even just a JJ-farmer, or shop alt) could bring it up (even if all the alts on it have been inactive for months before hand) it would still pop up on the listings every now and then (once I would bring out even one of the alts from being moth balled for even K'shop duties)... So yep, T2's can also pop up occasionally on the listings aswell for some reason...

• monoftalm
    Options
    Hi,

Can I please have a follow up on this

@mintsummer, can you please reply on my message in regards to the database, I really appreciate the support

Thank you!
    <3
  • monoftalm
    Options
    #BUMP
    <3