Ingame email

Options
So did anyone else recieve ingame mail about buying gold at heavy discount from a romanina/russina site ? obviously a scam but since i got it to 2 of my toons, i figured someone found out how to mass mail ppl ..

Answers

• spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options
    yeah i know atleast 4 or 5 people from my faction, including me got a message via mailbox - on Dawnglory
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    yes, and i have even received it on alts I have not logged in weeks. This person has access to something special or a very creative and thorough mind to come up with three of my alts names that never play the game (a bank alt even) and haven't been online in such a time.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Not really special. If you did a full data dump of Core when we had it, you would have a lot of character names to use.

Please screenshot and report all instances of this phishing scam.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    Options
    I got it also on my ingame mail and I know not to trust russians. If they have data of characters in core I can expect to receive such with my other toons.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    aquale wrote: »
    I got it also on my ingame mail and I know not to trust russians.

And if it was not ru, but com or net in the end, would you trust it? tiger-2.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    LOL i've seen a legit service someone ran that sold coin for money, pretty sure it died when they nerfed botting. clearly this isn't it. someone who offers services like this doesn't just openly advertise in public on the servers to be traced. sadly you know there are people who will fall victim to this. Guys >.> use common sense. please. if it seems suspicious SS it and give the info to a GM. i'd honestly ignore anyone that spouts this kinda thing.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    teabagg said:

why is this bad..pw gets your money you all should just throw your cash for fake monopoly money in another direction lol

You seem jealous and full of envy others like to pay money to play this game. Hats off to the cash shoppers who pay to keep the servers going for the rest.

And I've received these in-game mails 2 times. Just trash. Do not trust even your best in-game friends if they ever try to direct you to a 3rd party site for anything free. Most likely that friend's acct has been compromised and the criminal is trying to scam you with it.

If the offer does not come from an official PWI announcement or website then it's almost always not to be trusted. Be aware.