Heil PWI

Options
So...seems PWI has swastikas all over the new solo instance Heavenfall. Anyone else notice this? Anyone think PWI needs to give this a small makeover and remove it?
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    A grand total of two seconds of Google presents this for the people that never learned this tidbit in school: http://www.buddhas-online.com/swastika.html​​
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    its not a **** symbol it is a symbol of auspiciousness in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.

The **** symbol is turned. I realize many people are ignorant to this and would automatically assume as much. just google them both. there is a version from Buddhism i believe that has 4 dots in between the arms. that prob would have been a slightly better choice if they wanted to include religious symbolism. also if you look up wikipedia It continues to be commonly used as a religious symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    Options
    chary said:

A grand total of two seconds of Google presents this for the people that never learned this tidbit in school: http://www.buddhas-online.com/swastika.html​​

you beat me to it xD
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    Exactly what all the others have said.
    I've had to explain this to so many people.
    That symbol had been used for thousands of years prior to the **** regime, who took it and turned it on the point and removed the dots.
    PWCN takes a lot of its content from influence in Chinese culture because, well, it's a Chinese game. Ever bother to google any of the names or words you thought were weird in the game?
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    congratz you archieved a whole new level of stupidity.. old HP Plat charm had the same icon.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    So...seems PWI has swastikas all over the new solo instance Heavenfall. Anyone else notice this? Anyone think PWI needs to give this a small makeover and remove it?

This is not down to PWI either.

Tho I don't believe this is the right symbol to be used as its very miss read Its also...
    terryu wrote: »
    Exactly what all the others have said.
    I've had to explain this to so many people.
    That symbol had been used for thousands of years prior to the **** regime, who took it and turned it on the point and removed the dots.
    PWCN takes a lot of its content from influence in Chinese culture because, well, it's a Chinese game. Ever bother to google any of the names or words you thought were weird in the game?

I believe its already been discussed as well. This needs to be left alone now and let the GMs Devs do what they need to do.​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    razzzza said:

congratz you archieved a whole new level of stupidity.. old HP Plat charm had the same icon.​​

Its TZ we are talking about here. If he doesnt make a thread were he complains about something he makes one like this. if you expect something else from him you will be dissapointed.
    giphy.gif

• cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    Eh, you all know you saw it too. It's just not a symbol that translates well in the west.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I remember using the clockwise swastika in a school protect for the artwork back in the 4th grade. My teacher (who was Jewish) gave me an F and refused me to present it. I took it up to the principal and she even tried to lecture me about it being bad, LOL. I had never been so angry at adults until that time, and realized how ignorant they came be. I went home to do some research and had my parents come in to school to explain about it. I hope they stay in the game because it does fit with the whole pagoda and spiritual/enlightenment theme, and was not just randomly used. But I doubt it since they did remove it from hp charms and some ads before cause of complaints from dumb people who just refuse to understand and accept Asian cultural symbols. Wish complainers would just accept it as new knowledge and move on.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you're playing a game oriented on Chinese mythology, developed in China by Chinese developers, why would you assume it's a racist **** swastika?

I mean seriously.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The symbol has existed for tens of thousands of years. The ****'s for what, from 1933 to 1945? Yeah, that's big fish yo.

Anyway, this thread was doomed from the start. Closing it now.

Edit: LOL the German elitist group's name is filtered.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.