Hey im a veno and wandering about certain pets and fox form question

demonsouls#1197
demonsouls#1197 Posts: 30 Arc User
right now i have the glacical walker and the scorpien, i also have the dark wander and rare tree frog which should i priorties lvling and im a pure magic veno and wandering when to use fox form and amiply damage and purge and what lvl to get purge and i have 3 pet slots open at the moment.
your help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    The Glacial walker is going to be your main tank pet. The frog is a good magic tank, but you'll use the walker the most. You'll also want a skatefish for your air pet, and a turtle for water. Make sure you keep the pets at your level. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the wanderer or the scorpion because they aren't going to be as effective as the walker or the frog.

Get purge ASAP and keep it leveled. Same goes for amp and your main core attack skills.

As a pure MAG veno, you'll mostly just use foxform when you need the added def, usually around boss aoe attacks, and for debuffing the target.

I moved this into the Veno forum for you, and you should also check some of the sticky threads here.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    In my opinion, i wouldn't worry too much about air/water pets unless you plan to spend a lot of time there. For the amount of effort it takes to level these pets and care for them, you may as well just catch a pet around your level when you come accross a quest you are looking to do in one of those areas.

Plus, water and air can't be used in instances, which, let's face it is a lot of your gaming time from 1-100.

The walker and frog I agree with. I still use both of those even with two legendary pets. Other good options to look at is a ranged tank (cactus and there's an ape... can't remember the name) But I actually never used these either :relaxed:

Check out the ultimate pet list below for all pets and look at the stickies in the Veno section for more info
    pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Ultimate_Pet_List

​​
  • demonsouls#1197
    thank you guys
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    While I agree that you should learn and Max purge and amp as soon as possible, I'd like to add that in low level dungeons, you won't have much opportunity to purge anything. Amp should always be used on bosses when it's off cool down though.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • demonsouls#1197
    yeah the problem is when it a mon or boss or mini i dont know when to switch to fox then human form i feel like in interrupt the combos i do in human form then lose sight in fox form and kinda panic when i cant switch back fast enough after i use amp and purge
  • cynderangel
    edited November 2015
    I don't know what level you are, but below level 100 I don't think there's anything you need to use purge on except for a few bosses in Twilight Temple. But don't just waste a purge when a boss hasn't buffed itself or it might be on cooldown when you need it.

As far as amp/damage/debuff tips for a pure magic veno, I can give you my advice. I tend to stay human form for mobs unless I see a specific reason I should go fox form (like maybe casting fox myriad rainbow after a big pull, but I'd be back to human right after). If it's a more elite mob, I'd tend to stay human form, use human myriad rainbow, and spam ironwood if the armor break doesn't land from myriad (I'm thinking in a squad with physical damage dealers). If the elite mob seems to be taking a bit too long, I'd probably use amp. That would just be a judgement call.

But if I'm in a squad doing a boss, I always start in fox form. You should make yourself familiar with buff icons so you can see at a glance if the boss has a buff (icons like the Barb hp buff, cleric ironheart, defense and attack buffs that look like Barb and cleric buffs). If the boss doesn't have any buffs, no need to purge. So I usually start with amp, fox form myriad, switch to human, glance to see if myriad procced for phys def and if not I use ironwood and/or human myriad (careful not to let ironwood override myriad!), and I'll dd in human until it's time to amp again. I know it feels like you're not left with a lot of time to do damage like that, but venos shine as debuffers. In most squads, using your skills to increase your team's damage is more effective than trying to dd yourself. Unless you outgear your squad, then by all means, do it how you like :)
    102/101/102 cleric
  • demonsouls#1197
    thanks so i should look at the buffs on the monster but what if the team does debuff and i use purge does that cancel what they do? and im starting another forum so you know about weapons cause i getting to the point of wear i have to make gear
  • cynderangel
    No, purge doesn't remove debuffs, so it's always safe to cast, just not always useful.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    Foxform is for debuffing. When you get sage or demon you can use crush vigor and soul degen before amp and they will have relevent effects added (once you upgrade those skills of course). The order and relevency is different for sage and demon so i won't go into it now but you will see when you get there is pretty straightforward.

Generally speaking you want to start a boss battle in foxform in order to amp quickly (and sometimes purge too). and then you will be able to transform immediately afterwards, instead of sitting there for about 3 seconds not doing anything. This is pretty significant 3 seconds or so when everyone sparks because they will looking like they just went super saiyan for those 3 seconds while you amp so the buff is there and ready to go as soon as they start hitting. after you transform to human use ironwood the myraid rainbow if you desire, however it does feel useless when the debuffs dont land most of the time lol.

What is important is recognizing which debuffs are stronger and their durations to maximize the squads damage output. This goes for other classes' debuffs also.

Your role in a squad is an offensive support, meaning you lay on the debuffs thick and provide extra DD inbetween. You can also give sparks with lending hand which is extremely useful. Also after you upgrade lending hand (sage or demon doesnt matter which) you can cast it on yourself to potentially give yourself an extra spark! I love doing that! You will find venos have a truly unique bag of tricks which sets them apart from everyone else.
    Veno is love. Veno is life.