What to do?

I've recently come into the possession of many refined orbs. Not really high refined orbs, but some nonetheless.
Being a sage vit barb with R9RR(+3), which would you do?

1) Evenly spread out your orbs to inrease your +3 to maybe +5/+6

-or-

2) Max your weapon to possibly +8/+9

The way I see it, I have about 28K hp at the moment, so extra HP really isn't helping me that much. Not sure if I would notice a big jump from +3 to +8 on my Hegemony weapon either...

Ideas??? Please share
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Do you use your barb for pvp at all? If so, use on armor. If not, use on wep.
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    No...100% PVE
    Raging Tides:

• cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I'll agree with above. Doesn't sound like survivability in pve is something you struggle with, so do the weapon. More damage is always nice.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    Thanks for the info!! ALSO a ???

I have dragon orbs that say "Only used on bound equipment: and level of equipment is demanded under level 16.

1) Is there anything bad by binding R9RR equipment?
    2) Does that mean I cannot use the orb on level 16 or does it have to be 15 and below???

Raging Tides:

• cynderangel
    edited October 2015
    It's not usable for rrr9 or Warsong/Lunar g16 or Warsoul unfortunately. :( As far as binding rank gear, there are no negative effects unless you count the cost of the binding stones.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It's not usable for rrr9 or Warsong/Lunar g16 or Warsoul unfortunately. :( As far as binding rank gear, there are no negative effects unless you count the cost of the binding stones.

Dont even listen to her she is so wrong.

Its usuable on g16 gear and under but it has to be bound. use a binding charm on your gear (yes even rank gear) and refine it with said orb.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    razzzza wrote: »

Dont even listen to her she is so wrong.

Its usuable on g16 gear and under but it has to be bound. use a binding charm on your gear (yes even rank gear) and refine it with said orb.
    ^^ This. I bound my R999 glaive and have been using the free orbs to upgrade it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    edited October 2015
    I'm glad y'all are able to do it. The first orbs I got allowed it, but some orbs I got later didn't. I never really looked into the difference. I just assumed some patch fixed it so they matched the text. Next time I get some, I'll have to check.

But don't be scared to try it cause when I did have the orbs that wouldn't work, I got a popup message. No items were consumed, and it didn't effect my refines.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I would just mention, if you have rank gear i would bind it anyway. 50cents investment vs however much time or money you put in to get the piece is worth it. Binding gives it the "unable to be npced" status which it does not come with, though its bound otherwise.

Many a player have accidentally npced their rank gear. Lag, gear switching, didnt sleep, got drunk, and so on. Anything can happen ;x
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    eirghan said:

I would just mention, if you have rank gear i would bind it anyway. 50cents investment vs however much time or money you put in to get the piece is worth it. Binding gives it the "unable to be npced" status which it does not come with, though its bound otherwise.

Many a player have accidentally npced their rank gear. Lag, gear switching, didnt sleep, got drunk, and so on. Anything can happen ;x

I had surgery and was on pain killers when I lost my ring. Decided not to go the r9 route after that. I want something I can replace if something like that happened again.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    eirghan wrote: »

Sometimes when you are clicking and dragging you gear for repairs, a bm changing armour, weapon set, it can end up in npc sale window. I did bind all my r999, and when i switch gear i close the window, switch and open the repair window. It is a super scary thing to see your r999 in the sell window when you did not put it there.​​
  • lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User

I'm glad y'all are able to do it. The first orbs I got allowed it, but some orbs I got later didn't. I never really looked into the difference. I just assumed some patch fixed it so they matched the text. Next time I get some, I'll have to check.

But don't be scared to try it cause when I did have the orbs that wouldn't work, I got a popup message. No items were consumed, and it didn't effect my refines.

You might have been trying to use some of the 5 star ones from the dreamchaser packs which only work on gear lvl 8 and below.

• sylenthunder
    jabq wrote: »

Sometimes when you are clicking and dragging you gear for repairs, a bm changing armour, weapon set, it can end up in npc sale window. I did bind all my r999, and when i switch gear i close the window, switch and open the repair window. It is a super scary thing to see your r999 in the sell window when you did not put it there.

This would be why I always just hit the "repair all" button. Gear never leaves the equip slots. No chance of selling.

Besides, why would you ever drag your gear around to repair it? Even with the individual repair repair you aren't moving the gear around, but using the repair wand to click on the individual items.​​

​​
  • jabq
    Besides, why would you ever drag your gear around to repair it? Even with the individual repair repair you aren't moving the gear around, but using the repair wand to click on the individual items.

Sometimes the hands and brain have minds of their own aXQHSfb.png.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited October 2015

jabq wrote: »

Sometimes when you are clicking and dragging you gear for repairs, a bm changing armour, weapon set, it can end up in npc sale window. I did bind all my r999, and when i switch gear i close the window, switch and open the repair window. It is a super scary thing to see your r999 in the sell window when you did not put it there.

This would be why I always just hit the "repair all" button. Gear never leaves the equip slots. No chance of selling.

Besides, why would you ever drag your gear around to repair it? Even with the individual repair repair you aren't moving the gear around, but using the repair wand to click on the individual items.​​

I lost my ring probably because it got accidentally swapped out when I was trying to sell **** I picked up from botting to an NPC. I didn't notice it was swapped and the message asking if I was sure I wanted to sell a rare drop appears every time I sell gear drops. I didn't think twice. I didn't drag anything.

R9 gear should be bound to character just like r8 is especially since there is no way to replace it like we can with r8.

All I asked was for support to confirm I did not have my r9 ring and that I have no quest to get it then reset the quest. I wasn't asking for it to be replaced for free like most. They refused to even do that much.

• sylenthunder
    jadasia wrote: »
    I lost my ring probably because it got accidentally swapped out when I was trying to sell **** I picked up from botting to an NPC. I didn't notice it was swapped and the message asking if I was sure I wanted to sell a rare drop appears every time I sell gear drops. I didn't think twice. I didn't drag anything.

R9 gear should be bound to character just like r8 is especially since there is no way to replace it like we can with r8.

All I asked was for support to confirm I did not have my r9 ring and that I have no quest to get it then reset the quest. I wasn't asking for it to be replaced for free like most. They refused to even do that much.

Sadly, they aren't capable of doing that. Not even China is. Also, with that particular gear, they cannot simply mail you the item, because even then it can be rendered unusable. Wanmei should just make it so that you can re-take the quest, but then you could get two rings to wear at the same time... They wouldn't like that.​​

​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2015

jadasia wrote: »

Sadly, they aren't capable of doing that. Not even China is. Also, with that particular gear, they cannot simply mail you the item, because even then it can be rendered unusable. Wanmei should just make it so that you can re-take the quest, but then you could get two rings to wear at the same time... They wouldn't like that.​​

Years ago my ex in game wife NPCed her +8 r9rr boots, support mailed her the boots and 8x +8 orbs, but I guess maybe the ring is more complicated.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    sell all the orbs u got , wait for new events with event gold (the last couple ones were like : login and get event gold -- BUT could be done with EVERY vchar on account) - refine your gear with event gold till +7/8 ... for *free* .... Then start thinking bout using refining aids, that are paid for. nothing else really makes sense ....

oh and bind your rrr9 NOW!!

on a sidenote: theres often events or promos to get a free ocean orb or 2, wait for those .. use em wisely ,,, and refining your gear will cost sooooo much less, that originally anticipated.

but it requires some patience....

then again, u wont really feel the jump from +3 to +5 atm anyways...rrr9 refines shine after +9 ...

hope this input helped
  • jabq
    mulier wrote: »
    sell all the orbs u got , wait for new events with event gold (the last couple ones were like : login and get event gold -- BUT could be done with EVERY vchar on account) - refine your gear with event gold till +7/8 ... for *free* .... Then start thinking bout using refining aids, that are paid for. nothing else really makes sense ....

oh and bind your rrr9 NOW!!

on a sidenote: theres often events or promos to get a free ocean orb or 2, wait for those .. use em wisely ,,, and refining your gear will cost sooooo much less, that originally anticipated.

but it requires some patience....

then again, u wont really feel the jump from +3 to +5 atm anyways...rrr9 refines shine after +9 ...

hope this input helped

This may have been possible last year and beginning of this year, but it is not possible anymore. The ocean orb giveaway was only for a limited time and not everyone got their 3 free ocean orbs. Spending gold is at the 100 mark, and not being able to buy gold in ah reduces the chances of people to get their ocean orbs.​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    hmm wasnt this treasure trove another way of getting a ocean?

or the mail when one didnt play for a long time, includes a schest and 2 oceans if i recall right...

@op check ur junk mail folder :)