TW Videos---Sept 5, 2015---Tempest vs. Vicious

csquared5
csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
Here's a collection of all the videos made of this historic first encounter between Vicious (originally from Raging Tides) and Tempest (originally from Dreamweaver). Obviously I'd appreciate if you check out mine first :3

Vicious---Aeliah---cleric---37 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=aAlMP3dOnJo
Vicious---DrAgOOnZ---archer---54 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=7JbuiiCnnrc
Vicious---TheSacrifice---archer---4 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RLFqfsJfOJg
Vicious---EamaneRT---archer---31 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tiq4GlIl_4c

Tempest---GattaNera_---venomancer---18 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=0kxrWFXh-_s
Tempest---SuperHebbe---blademaster---51 minutes: https://youtube.com/watch?v=vz8bNXKs54g

Please let me know in the comments below if any other videos were made, and if so, share the link and I'll include it here.

»Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >Welcome to my thoughstream

Jesus christ and here I thought you were known for your correctness and white-knightry, then you go and make such a basic mistake.

Also, writing the text on that side distracts a lot from the actual video, it's horrible and makes you miss a lot if you actually read that.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• ward1987
    ward1987 Posts: 25 Arc User
    If I may speak for Azza, I tend to do the same with the notes. I just have a general rule not to list my TW videos but rather keep them as unlisted/private to my own review or a TW coordination team. The notes then are quite handy.

I will agree with you that they are a distraction. They were also a huge help in understanding TW from the Vicious perspective. While this last week was an anomaly (since really the only reason we won was because it looked like Vicious forgot how to Vicious) having videos from so many squads up and going helped us understand better who to target. Who will heal, rez and buff this target. It's just a lot more information than what I like us to share. If Vicious is comfortable sharing that much then kudos to them on their bravery.

Can't wait to see Goonz TW video for this week. I sure hope everyone that posted their victories is able to post their defeats. Since Tempest seems to have no problem doing so.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • csquared5
    dblazen1 said:

Jesus christ and here I thought you were known for your correctness and white-knightry, then you go and make such a basic mistake.

Also, writing the text on that side distracts a lot from the actual video, it's horrible and makes you miss a lot if you actually read that.​​

Reading is hard? I timed how long it took to notice and read the text, and even assuming a slow reader, there is plenty of time to notice, look at, and read the comment. If you really need to, you can always pause the video to read to comment, or even go back and replay the relevant section to understand the comment---but you don't actually care that much do you. You'd rather just look like a smartazz by saying the comments are bad. Congrats, you succeeded... on the 'azz' part at least.

On the other hand, some people find the comments quite useful, and they've specifically told me so. Really, if you miss a few seconds of a 30minute video, does it really matter that much? I do a LOT of the same things over and over again (notice how there are fewer comments later in the video): rezzing, rebuffing, healing, kiting. If you miss a couple seconds of me healing my video, is your user experience ruined? Are you so attention deficit? Puh-leze.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    csquared5 wrote: »

Also, writing the text on that side distracts a lot from the actual video, it's horrible and makes you miss a lot if you actually read that.

Reading is hard? I timed how long it took to notice and read the text, and even assuming a slow reader, there is plenty of time to notice, look at, and read the comment. If you really need to, you can always pause the video to read to comment, or even go back and replay the relevant section to understand the comment---but you don't actually care that much do you. You'd rather just look like a smartazz by saying the comments are bad. Congrats, you succeeded... on the 'azz' part at least.

On the other hand, some people find the comments quite useful, and they've specifically told me so. Really, if you miss a few seconds of a 30minute video, does it really matter that much? I do a LOT of the same things over and over again (notice how there are fewer comments later in the video): rezzing, rebuffing, healing, kiting. If you miss a couple seconds of me healing my video, is your user experience ruined? Are you so attention deficit? Puh-leze.
    It's too distracting, if anything, you should use annotations because you can actually turn those on/off if there is anyone interested in reading.
    Notice how it has nothing to do with reading speed, but about it being distracting?

And it's true, you do a lot of the same, inside and outside of TW.
    Also, congratulations on using smartazz, makes you look like a smartass.

Or was the azz part a pun about your sin?

And for christ sake this forums consistency is so **** it doesn't even put quotes in quotes anymore.

Regardless, no further comments here to be given.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• csquared5
    Fair.

• csquared5
    ward1987 said:

If I may speak for Azza, I tend to do the same with the notes. I just have a general rule not to list my TW videos but rather keep them as unlisted/private to my own review or a TW coordination team. The notes then are quite handy.

I will agree with you that they are a distraction. They were also a huge help in understanding TW from the Vicious perspective. While this last week was an anomaly (since really the only reason we won was because it looked like Vicious forgot how to Vicious) having videos from so many squads up and going helped us understand better who to target. Who will heal, rez and buff this target. It's just a lot more information than what I like us to share. If Vicious is comfortable sharing that much then kudos to them on their bravery.

Can't wait to see Goonz TW video for this week. I sure hope everyone that posted their victories is able to post their defeats. Since Tempest seems to have no problem doing so.

I will get around to posting the vid but my motivation is lower and I'm on unreliable & slow connections lately, so even assuming I get it rendered soon it'll take a while to upload. Assuming a TW that isn't completely fail like last time, maybe I'll blast through both TW footages after this weekend.