Mass Disconnection connected with Unable to log in?

asurin
asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Support Desk
While this isn't effecting me directly, I am speaking with someone right now who is having a very hard time logging back into PWI now. She was on when the mass dc happened in Tideswell. Now, when she tries to log in, she keeps getting an error message saying that her password/login info is wrong. It shouldn't have changed as she didn't get any request to have her password change via e-mail. To boot, she cannot request a password reset because she cannot remember her e-mail address, let alone that log in information. This is for all her accounts.

Does anyone else know this is happening to them or their friends?​​
FoxyGR.gif

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Have them reboot their PC and try again. With the way Arc processes the login, it's likely a memory buffer that needs to be cleared.

Edit: Also moving all these threads to the correct forum for Technical Issues.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asurin
    She already did that, even reset her router and still having issues in logging in.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • sylenthunder
    Ok, does this also happen when logging in manually? She may need to open a ticket to get her email changed to a current one and reset her password.​​

​​
  • asurin

Ok, does this also happen when logging in manually? She may need to open a ticket to get her email changed to a current one and reset her password.​​

That sort of thing isn't really possible if ARC isn't letting her log in. However, it was an issue with ARC, and it's been cleared up. She managed to get back on again.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • sylenthunder
    asurin wrote: »
    Ok, does this also happen when logging in manually? She may need to open a ticket to get her email changed to a current one and reset her password.

That sort of thing isn't really possible if ARC isn't letting her log in. However, it was an issue with ARC, and it's been cleared up. She managed to get back on again.

Good to hear.

You can manually fire off the client without using Arc (although it will still load Arc without using an argument), by starting the Patcher.exe file from PWI_en\Patcher. I keep forgetting not everyone knows this. I play without Arc most of the time.​​

​​
  • asurin

Good to hear.

You can manually fire off the client without using Arc (although it will still load Arc without using an argument), by starting the Patcher.exe file from PWI_en\Patcher. I keep forgetting not everyone knows this. I play without Arc most of the time.​​
    She and I both knew that, but both ARC and PWI share the same password. She couldn't get into PWI because it wasn't registering her password/login info to being correct. I was watching World Chat and saw that she wasn't alone. That there was many others who were having this same issue earlier.

Please lock the thread.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • sylenthunder
    Ok, closing per your request. you guys have fun :)

P.S. If you were seeing WC about others having a similar issue, it's likely that the login server database had a hiccup.​​

​​
This discussion has been closed.