Death Link and boss NPCs

Options
aeternusdoleo
aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
On high-soulforce assassins, the skill Death Link can be abused to instantly kill some bosses in certain areas where there are some mechanics that can heap a ton of damage on the sin. Areas where this can happen:
- Flowsilver Palace (Devilhill Batlord, first boss - deathlink it and suicide into the fire pool. Instant death).
- Flowsilver Palace (Tyrant Prince Mushi - Deathlink and suicide into a firepit around the room)
- Flowsilver Palace (Belle Leune - Deathlink before starting the boss and remain at the room edge, the immortal NPCs that spawn there will do the damage)
- Twilight Temple (Twilight Minister - Deathlink once the clappers appear. Boom)
- Twilight Temple (Armageddon - Deathlink after luring a bit, then teleport-attack onto one of the NPCs around the room)

There may be other bosses which you can do this to, as well... but the point is that this skill is exploitable.

Simple fix: Make it work on player targets only.
... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    1. It's not a bug, so not a quality corner thread, it's a suggestion.
    2. The skill is working as intended, people who can oneshot bosses (or at least batlord) with it have 35k+ soulforce most likely
    3. I have yet to see most bosses mentioned actually be insta-killed with death chain/link

I know devilhill batlord can be done.

Mushi has too much HP and a tendency to reset (or someone who's full +12 can pull it off?)

The immortal NPC at belle leun doesn't always spawn at the start, so far i've only seen it spawn after it being over halfway out of HP.

The TT claphands don't do nearly enough damage to insta-kill bosses, anyone care to show a video of someone actually insta-killing said TT bosses with chain/link on 1 clap?.

Regardless, skill works as intended.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    I have personally witnessed Belle dying instantly, right after it was attacked. It can be done... requires high soulforce, sure, but if you can instakill the final boss in an instance using a single skill, I dare say that's an exploit and therefor definately something for quality corner.

I don't think the devs intended for bosses to be oneshots dblazen. So no, not working as intended.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have personally witnessed Belle dying instantly, right after it was attacked. It can be done... requires high soulforce, sure, but if you can instakill the final boss in an instance using a single skill, I dare say that's an exploit and therefor definately something for quality corner.

I don't think the devs intended for bosses to be oneshots dblazen. So no, not working as intended.

The skill does what it's supposed to do, the things that kill players instantly do it by dealing an insane amount of damage directly, which gets amplified by whatever buffs the sin has on him and then pushed to whatever it's linked to (if it's not immune to damage).

The problem is that what kills the players does such a high amount of direct damage. The resolve would be more towards making the things that kill the player be a very fast DoT (think toad's chop, that is a very fast DoT, not an actual physical attack on it's own).

DoT damage doesn't transfer from chain/link​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• fb62195708130114#7028
    fb62195708130114#7028 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    That skill one shot me in a duel withouth the assasin being hurt at all, so I assume it also considers the enemies HP. besides the Sin's Hp loss and SF. I am not sure about this, however. I would disagree with you, aeternusdoleo, to limit the skill for PvP only. They did not limit the cleric's skilsl to PvP but they do low to no damage in PvE (my cleric does not have high SF, but with low SF they do no damage at all). That is kinda sucky. Yet, the skill should ignore the enemiy's HP and not calculate a percentage of the Sin's HP either, it should calculate the transfered damage according to the damage suffered by the Sin, being it a real number. This would need to be different for players and npc targets I guess, else it would be doing insane damage on players and none on npc targets.

It's nice to have some one shot bosses, of course, especially when it has such amount of HP, however, this game will lose all its fun if there is no challenge at all, like many other games lose players because of that same reason.