PWI Maintenance Discussion 8/18/15 - Riptide Release COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance is to update the live servers to the Riptide expansion. Maintenance will run longer than usual as a result; servers will go down at the usual time of 11pm PDT, and we expect them to be back up by 5am PDT.

Patch notes can be found at http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201601/pwi-content-update-riptide-v880-patch-notes-released-august-18th-2015

Maintenance question: Which city in PWI is your favorite one, from a visual standpoint?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    The tideborn area has always been my favorite as far as asthetics. also has always been my favorite of all the expansions
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • sexyvampiremistress
    sexyvampiremistress Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I like Tellus. There's so many places to hide.

Edit: First post!
    kittensiggyredone.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    tellus as well :) plus its my home land
  • sakulv
    sakulv Posts: 28 Arc User
    Archosour, because everything i need is there ali_092.gif

dynavenosbychibizzz2_zps02ce33d3.png

• northy1969
    northy1969 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Wow ummm IDK maybe Raging Tide...... so will all new players be getting a free "Illusion Stone" so they can not feel so left out by the fact we are a Mature Gaming Community (By Mature I mean rare new players).
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    i always loved Lost City i dont know why. visual there is not much to see there alot of sand trees and venos (mouse-22.gif) but it always was my favorite place.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    really UCH nuema. ugh
    giphy.gif

• unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    I hope we get a x2 drop/exp after this new expansion... the last one was 2 moths ago
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Favorite city is Dawnglory, the huge ship is so awesome
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    surtr wrote: »
    Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance is to update the live servers to the Riptide expansion. Maintenance will run longer than usual as a result; servers will go down at the usual time of 11pm PDT, and we expect them to be back up by 5am PDT.

Patch notes can be found at http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201601/pwi-content-update-riptide-v880-patch-notes-released-august-18th-2015

Maintenance question: Which city in PWI is your favorite one, from a visual standpoint?

Plume, which continues to get no respect from you guys w/server names. Meanwhile Etherblade is used twice. dino4-13.gif​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Favorite city is 100% Plume. Everything so easy to find and not too many people around either unlike Archo. ;s​​
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Can anyone let me know what is the size of the update pls or give us a manual patch
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ronie55 wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know what is the size of the update pls or give us a manual patch

Syl told us in the other thread that patch would be ~150MB.

Btw PWI, What about Cross Server PVP / NW? Was really hoping to get them with this patch.

IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • fortunadraken
    fortunadraken Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Plume, hometown love and it's relatively quiet there compared to other cities. It also doesn't lag like woa like Tides and Tellus (let's not even mention Arch).

Looking forward to new stuff in the Riptide release, but man that waiting time...
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Btw PWI, What about Cross Server PVP / NW? Was really hoping to get them with this patch.
    Those will be coming in our next major update.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• ronie55

the update will be only 150MB is hard to believe while its an expansion...... anyone know the right size of the update pls let me know
  • fortunadraken
    150MB isn't too hard to believe, remember a lot of the data for an online game can be stored on PW's servers rather than having to get it all on your PC. If we were downloading the full thing, it'd probably be freaking huuuuuuge.

Still going to take forever to download either way, though.
  • ronie55
    150MB isn't too hard to believe, remember a lot of the data for an online game can be stored on PW's servers rather than having to get it all on your PC. If we were downloading the full thing, it'd probably be freaking huuuuuuge.

Still going to take forever to download either way, though.

It might take time to download but i think 150MB wont be the size of the patch itwill be bigger then that becoz 150MB can be the size of a content update patch but while expansion it was almost like 1-1.5GB every time soo I still need to know the size of the update .....if anyone knows about it pls let me know
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

I was tossing numbers up as an example. I did not mention at all that this patch would only be 150MB. If I had to guess at it's size, I'd put it between 200 and 500MB, though it could be up to 1GB depending on how many texture/map changes there are.

It will only take forever to download if you are very far away, or have a poor/slow connection/PC.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • fortunadraken
    I get to sit in the "very far away" corner, haha. Australia, even basic patches take awhile.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I get to sit in the "very far away" corner, haha. Australia, even basic patches take awhile.
    Yeah, anytime your data goes through the phillipines, add 30 minutes. normal-47.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • ronie55
    I still want to know what is the actual size of the update if anyoneknow pls let me know
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    Priorities are outta whack -
    we need the lag and dc issues fixed before we need a new expansion.
    What good is it if it dun run smooth?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Lol damn it all, now I have to stop being lazy again >.>

Raging Tides by far. Best looking city in pwi, I wish more things happened there again.
  • zefyrin
    zefyrin Posts: 16 Arc User
    Tellus is my favorite aesthetically. Navigation-wise, it's a horror, especially back in the old days when EG had their starter quests there. All that walking around and then getting lost 'cause Tellus is like a maze. onion-45.gif​​
    periapt - 103/102/101 sage mystic on Tideswell
    Zero_Phoenix - 102/101/100 sage cleric
    Lambent - 101/101/101 demon cleric
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    really UCH nuema. ugh

Your signature is everything... EVERYTHING

Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    surtr wrote: »
    Those will be coming in our next major update.

@surtr
    Thanks for letting us know dude.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • ronie55
    so anyone yet know the size of the patch pls let me know ? surtr if u know the size of the update pls let us know or if there is any manual patch pls let that know too
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    so anyone yet know the size of the patch pls let me know ? surtr if u know the size of the update pls let us know or if there is any manual patch pls let that know too

Would it change much when he would say that the update is 34gb big?
    No manual patches ofc.

No they will be no manual patches cuz china stopped sending them so shut up with that.
    How big it is well you will see for yourself im afraid.

Yeey more dailys cant wait mouse-9.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • azizatoinette
    azizatoinette Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sweetybot the manual patch please?
    Aziza_Atori: 100,102,104 sage mystic
    ClaraDeLune: 93 sage duskblade