Acronym for Tideswell?

kittyempressa
kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
So, as RT and DW are merging into a Tideswell, what shall we use as the two-letter acronym for our new home?tiger-8.gif​​
4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Acronym for Tideswell? 93 votes

TW
25% 24 votes
TS
74% 69 votes

Comments

• tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    Kitty, you might as well have answered your own suggestion. TW is already for territory wars, if it was to be made the acronym for Tideswell people would just get confused in conversation.fox-2.gif​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Tide Swell, not Tides Well. Obvi.dino1-20.gif​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • ieorlich
    ieorlich Posts: 8 Arc User
    3) tsw ;)

tw may confuse ppl with territory wars. So, i guess tsw isn't bad..
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2015
    ieorlich wrote: »
    3) tsw ;)

Tide S. Well....that name sounds like a rich dude.​​

• tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Whelp, regardless of what acronym we come up with in end, I stand by my original statement. The name still sounds silly!fox-19.gif​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2015
    tesone wrote: »
    Whelp, regardless of what acronym we come up with in end, I stand by my original statement. The name still sounds silly!fox-19.gif

It's kind of poetic, in it's own way since Dreamweaver is a port. I wasn't able to think of anything poetic with Etherblade, OTOH.​​

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    whats up with the tide names lately tho?
    Tideswell...
    ...RIP tide, the upcoming expansion​​
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    we need a different servername anyways.
    DreamingTide, RagingDream ....anything but this silly name!
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    At least you'll be squeaky clean and smell nice.dino1-5.gif37000230595.jpg
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    lol i didnt even consider that the acronym for our server TideSwell is also an acronym for Trans Sexual, until coming to this thread. whelp, I'm guessing people are gonna have fun with that now :o
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    meh... TL why not :expressionless:
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    I think it's Tides Well, as that makes more sense in a combo instead of Tide Swell. As someone who uses Tide, it's not that Swell.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    asurin wrote: »
    I think it's Tides Well, as that makes more sense in a combo instead of Tide Swell. As someone who uses Tide, it's not that Swell.

Pretty sure swell definition in this instance is "to expand" and from wikipedia. A swell, in the context of an ocean, sea or lake, is a series of mechanical waves that propagate along the interface between water and air and so they are often referred to as surface gravity waves.

I vote TS

​​
  • mynamewasstolen
    mynamewasstolen Posts: 56 Arc User
    from a surfer's standpoint - one can simply the definition by saying "hurricane swell is when the waves become larger and stronger due to increased wind force" Tide Swell is therefore just another way of saying Raging Tide, but is nowhere as cool and also has left Dreamweaver's name out of the new name entirely, which is kinda disappointing considering Dreamweaver is the older server. To call the server "Tides Well" makes far less sense in the context of a server named for aquatic properties, being the combination of two servers dealing with water - Dreamweaver being a port city, and Raging Tides being an island city. The name "Tides Well" also does not tide well with me :p
    By the light of the moon, our true forms are revealed.
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Honestly, while the name Tideswell is a bit not to my liking, I don't really care since the only time I pay attention to it is when I log into the game, but to answer the question, TS is fine by me.

Granted, once we can all log in from DW and RT, I'm sure there will be a lot of desk chair button mashing pro cowboys in WC saying one server or the other is better, when in fact it doesn't matter anymore since we are all one server now.

EDIT - the name Tideswell probably has something to do with the future update we will be getting, either a city, or instance name.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    More important, do you think we are anywhere near the same population as the actual Tideswell?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    More important, do you think we are anywhere near the same population as the actual Tideswell?

If you remove alts, and account sharing, no onion-27.gif​​
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Interesting question, and I won't vote cause I have no toons there, but "Tideswell" the town in Wales (probably) gets its name from a Tiding Well, which is a type of well where the water ebbs and flows with the local tide.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    *bump* So that people still remember to vote...tiger-12.gif​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    The correct answer is Alfred.​​
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    opkossy wrote: »
    The correct answer is Alfred.​​

It's Batman. The answer is always Batman.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    ieorlich wrote: »
    3) tsw ;)

I agree about TsW. TW is for Territory Wars.
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    herm.... TDS tiger-17.gif​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    I vote TS.
    TW would be too confusing especially to people like me. There is already TW, it can cause misunderstandings I think. Though the Swell part reminds of things getting swollen but oh well...

orangeitis wrote: »
    I like "Rageweaver" the best.
    That would be so fun! I like it! :)