Random interesting things class can do.

advoc
advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
Figured I'd toss this out, since I just did it by accident while drinking and trying to leave after finishing a morai quest; but did you guys know we are able to quadruple jump? As in double jump, and then double jump from the double jump while in mid-air?

Seemed worthwhile for people to know to mess around with (fun to look at APS sins from 10M + in the air), so made a topic to inform and let anyone else post strange tidbits about the class they feel like.

Comments

• mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    LMAO......time to troll
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    LMAO......time to troll

That comment would make sense, if quad jumping wasn't something SB, and only SB, are capable of.

It might just be because they haven't worked out the mechanics of moving while casting properly; but due to the way it currently works, we are able to jump in between casts, and still channel and cast another spell. Happens to me in pve while spamming downburst on primals.

I'm guessing there is an issue with the fact that the casting goes off, because there is some missing code to differentiate between moving while casting, and regular casting, since once you are in the air and casting, it resets our jump timer as if we were moving around on the ground. So the first double jump happens while you are casting the skill, and then because it reads as on the ground we are able to double jump again after the skill finishes. So we can jump 4 times in total; 2 from during the casting of a move while channel skill, and 2 from after it finishes, since we read as on the ground from casting.

On the plus side, it is so stimulating to once more read forum goers expose their ignorance for something that can happen, all because they never figured out how to do something. Brings me back to cleric forums of '09.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    If I could be bothered to figure out how to post it, I'd have Orson Wells clapping from Citizen Kane gif here. I haven't really given much time to figuring out what random places this jumping thing could allow me to get to, but I'm sure its fun.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    My comment was refering quad jumping to trolling other players in pvp events since regular pvp is pretty much gone. Let's try not to make so many assumptions. :)