Petition to postpone server merge by one week.

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
The news is sudden and there are people such as myself and many others that I am sure would like a little bit of time before this merge to prepare. I for one want to have my character on Dreamweavers' server which I never used but gave the same name as my main character in Raging Tide deleted before the merge so I don't have to have silly RT letters to show the difference for my 2 characters. This was not a very fair notice. I am sure others' have reasons why they want this to be postponed. This is a HUGE and sudden change. People need time to be prepared for this and 2 weeks would be a bit more fair.
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Your have to check with people that know but im under the understanding that even if you delete a Char with a name that name cant be used again.

But hey I could be wrong a long time since ive worked on a database or a PW one anyhow...
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I also need this postponed by one week so I can delete my "Kniraven" toon on Sanctuary.
    I do not want to be KniravenLC
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • chucknorristhemighty
    chucknorristhemighty Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Ive the same problem. Ive the same name in both servers. Actually playing on DW, and I DON'T want "DW" in my main character name ¬_¬
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    I petition to change the server merge. How about this: leave Lost Ciy server either alone or PvP. Also, leave Heaven's Tear server alone completely, since it's pretty crowded already and has pretty bad lag.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • zoner112012
    You can delete and remake a character with the same name. Only changing the name prevents you from making it again...at least I am pretty sure I did this once before. I could be wrong I don't know. The point is, I have a TZoner on both servers....and I only made the TZoner on DW so another player didn't have the name LOL. Now I am looking at having my TZoner on RT have to have lame initials next to it. I don't want this. Either that or PWI needs to offer players a free name change stone after the merge to accommodate players.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    If you delete it now you will have enough time then​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    I was just thinking the same..... ​​
    Here we go again....
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Yeah, this is kind of sudden. I bet they don't and just expect everyone to but name change stones.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chatterbox154k
    chatterbox154k Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think it should be postponed forever. This is one of the stupidest things PWI has done!
  • maydusk1
    maydusk1 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Why, if you really think about it this has been coming for months. And asking for it to be postpone wont do any good, merging will cause the markets to crash and lvling should become easier because there will be more lower lvls...not all just end game shet. servers like LC need this, alot of old players have returned to LC and quit again because of the lack of population...i think it should go through on time
  • zoner112012
    edited July 2015
    Giving us literally 1 week time notice for such a HUGE change is pretty lame. I know I shouldn't but I do expect more out of such a big company. They have started listening to us players more since the new forum move, hopefully they listen to us now and postpone this merge for 1 week. It won't hurt anything or anyone and will give people time to prepare. Factions will need to kick inactives for the possibility of getting new members. Not to mention, they are ending TW at the same time which is pretty lame but understandable. Giving us 1 extra week of TW with our old enemies before we have to band together to fight another entire server of factions. TW will be insane...smaller factions will be obsolete almost in TW and that isn't fair. Give them time to merge the smaller servers so TW isn't a mess and people can still enjoy it.
    maydusk1 wrote: »
    Why, if you really think about it this has been coming for months. And asking for it to be postpone wont do any good, merging will cause the markets to crash and lvling should become easier because there will be more lower lvls...not all just end game shet. servers like LC need this, alot of old players have returned to LC and quit again because of the lack of population...i think it should go through on time

Coming for months? People have been asking for server merges for years that doesn't mean anything, and it doesn't mean they should do it to us on such a short notice. They need to be a better business and give people a proper warning. This is a HUGE change for the players. We deserve more of a heads up.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Doesn't feel like that big of a deal :expressionless:
    102/101/102 cleric
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    If you delete today, you should be able to have the char deleted in time to not have a naming issue if you don't want a lame addendum added to your name.
    I agree though, it does feel like kind of short notice for something so major and corruptible. I for one will prolly need to spend a good few hours taking SS of various gear/items so as to be prepared if stuff goes missing because I'm too paranoid to "trust" their statement that everything will be ok.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Didnt Sanctuary share a name database with heaven's tear?

If this is the case, if I have a char on LC and same named char on HT will I have that lame CharName-LC ****?
    ​​
    Here we go again....
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    One thing pwi could do before is clean database of all abandoned accounts.

There are many names that are trapped in characters that were set aside years ago. Moreover, terms of service predict this.
  • thetruebaroness
    thetruebaroness Posts: 6 Arc User
    Baronnnesss from Lost City.

Aside from postponing this I think its absolute **** that those who opted to play on a PVP server are being stricken of their right to do so.

Your taking the one thing that makes our server unique that we all enjoy and forcing us into PVE._. Not cool at all.
  • zoner112012

Aside from postponing this I think its absolute **** that those who opted to play on a PVP server are being stricken of their right to do so.

Your taking the one thing that makes our server unique that we all enjoy and forcing us into PVE._. Not cool at all.

This is being brought up by other people as well. I am pretty sure PWE will lose many large Cash Shopping players because of this.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User

I'm sure the majority of those who were on the PvP server will immediately go white, and those on the PvE server that were bored with their PvP will either go back to white name, or continue to stay white named.

And as for the server merge, didn't think it would ever happen, but I welcome the change. I'm sure the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• zoner112012

I'm sure the majority of those who were on the PvP server will immediately go white, and those on the PvE server that were bored with their PvP will either go back to white name, or continue to stay white named.

And as for the server merge, didn't think it would ever happen, but I welcome the change. I'm sure the benefits will outweigh the negatives.

The problem there is they are used to PVP being a forced thing. Now they can't just fight anyone that comes out west they want to. People WILL be upset by the change. Some have already exclaimed they aren't happy.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • squee251
    squee251 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Start deleting the character before 11PM today and it will be gone before the merge happens. Keep calm, everything is going to be ok. I can brush your hair if you want.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    I petition to change the server merge. How about this: leave Lost Ciy server either alone or PvP. Also, leave Heaven's Tear server alone completely, since it's pretty crowded already and has pretty bad lag.

Crowded ? Really? Get a better computer or net...
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Wont postpone it. It will likely cost them money to postpone it as the plans are already made for Aug 4th.

They are just hoping that you buy the name change stone.
    Good luck with your petition though.

NGTUy53.png

• zoner112012
    foley3k wrote: »
    Wont postpone it. It will likely cost them money to postpone it as the plans are already made for Aug 4th.

They are just hoping that you buy the name change stone.
    Good luck with your petition though.

Unless you can provide reasoning or proof why it will cost them money to postpone a change by a week, when it really won't, you should take your illogical statements somewhere else because that really makes no sense. They will be SAVING money by doing this. Tons of money. They can easily recuperate any loss by making it wait another week once they do the merge.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    I also need this postponed by one week so I can delete my "Kniraven" toon on Sanctuary.

wonder how man people are buying those name change stone thingies from the cash shop. They should have put those on sale this week
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    daymond wrote: »

wonder how man people are buying those name change stone thingies from the cash shop. They should have put those on sale this week

Imho they should just give everyone with a server tag a character bounded name stone for free.
    In addition, they may should think about the fact, that some famous player from harshlands keep their original names, if there is just an inactive character on the other server (criterias could be e.g. logon date, playing hours, gear, ...).

It seems as EU player, that I am really lucky but I still wonder how they want to manage the different time zones by not offending all the Harshland players. Pretty sure, many people will also accept later times on EU server for having server crossing events. But the detail concepts with time zone issue would be very interessting at all.

P.S.: Could anyone explain me, how they calculated the TW winner for EU server oO?
    It seems they can`t count anymore.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    The thing I hate the most is that one side will not get the suffix and the other will. I suggest it should be that players on the server that started first should keep their names. Players from the latter servers should be given name change stones and have 1 appended to their name. Yes a 1 because these 2 letter initials are stupid ugly and idiotic.
  • zoner112012
    They need to just give anyone that has a name in common with another from the other server a name change stone and make it fair.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    I say players who have the lower player id P-###### should keep the original name. The higher player number id player should be forced to rename given a free name change stone. Hell I will even pay for the name change stone for the player with the same name as me. I don't want no LC appended to my name when they get the original. Lost City was the first server why should we be treated as second rate people.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    We all know how kids and t*s are. If they get more time, they will just annoy everyone way more.
    I bet people already create characters on e.g. Sanctuary, just to p* off people on Lost City server.
    The more time those people get, the more characters with already existing names they will create.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    a good solution could be the rename stone a bound version , i doubt some1 else have my name but the idea of an RT-LC or any other acronym next to my name is just...eww...it would be nice to postpone the merge , that would give us time to organize stuff such as mailbox,Alt-chars and so on
This discussion has been closed.