Sage Barb

jsxshadow
jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
It might be surprising coming from me...but today I switched to Sage and omfg. It's amazing.

While I still was APS-Build Demon was surely the better option but now, as a Full-STR Barb, I can surely say that Sage is the better option especially considering my sparking behaviour. The add from the demon Spark is totally useless for me in PvP but those 25% dmg reduction from Sage are enough to keep me alive even against the strongest DDs.

Dunno why I kept a blind eye on Sage for so long. The primal Update really shifted the odds on the side of Sage. Still. Demon is better in terms of DMG altho that really depends on luck kinda. After my Demon Onslaught nearly any following hit was a crit. Amazing. But I've come to realize that I mostly never get the chance to use that crit o the fullest in hard fights.

So we have additional HP, alot more Pdef in tiger, more chi, Sage spark and higher base-dmg vs crit streaks. I don't wanna say in any way that demon is bad. I just realized that my playing style is more efficient on Sage. Full Vit-Demon Arma Barb is still superior compared to an Arma-Sage-Build imho.

What are your opinions on this?

Comments

• reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Change is always good and adds new perspective and insight into different tactics. I switched to demon last month after being sage for 4 years. I can honestly say I was in the wrong culti for my play style the whole time. I play fast and agressive, kill fast/die fast and although sage gave me a bit of extra survivability I really did'nt need it.

With demon a whole new world of tactics opened up to me that just seemed to flow with my play style and I'm loving it. I don't think i'll ever go back to being sage.

I hope you have a blast being sage Joe and maybe make a few vids to post of you kicking butt as a sage. = D
    Post edited by reaperarm1 on
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    I said year ago sage was better for anything but aps barb, might still be able to find the post. Pretty sure you argued against it. Does this mean somebody, who needs to "learn the game/classes", actually knew better than our allmighty Joe?

Ps. I prefer sage for vit, they are usually made for pulling cata, arma bombing is very small minority of their use. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    I said year ago sage was better for anything but aps barb, might still be able to find the post. Pretty sure you argued against it. Does this mean somebody, who needs to "learn the game/classes", actually knew better than our allmighty Joe?

Ps. I prefer sage for vit, they are usually made for pulling cata, arma bombing is very small minority of their use. ​​

Oh no no xD my priorities and my playingstyle just changed. I like the extra pdef and especially HP. Now I am still over 40k in human and over 50k in tiger even with Blood Bath on while being selfbuffed. Just looks better xD Due to this and the sage spark I am now nearly immortal in 1on1s. I always dealt enough dmg to beat anyone on my server and now I got the extra survivability that shifts all the odds to my favor. Demon still deals more DMG and is still the No.1 choice for max DDing barbs.

You know..ppl can always change their minds xD Besides that...if I would've skipped my storm and instead went all out on the barb I would still be demon I guess. Still testing tho. Might as well switch back when I decide to max the barb but we'll see :D
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Joe. You made Kitty very, very sad. She feels very disappointed at you.tiger-13.gif

Kitty hopes you'll come back to your senses and remember the demon barb supremacy.tiger-12.gif
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • columrt
    columrt Posts: 15 Arc User
    DEMON FOR LIFE.

I have a sage kitty but he mostly serves for a punching bag.
    103/103/101 Demon Strength Barbarian and the army of alts I'm too lazy to list now.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    I think depend on your gameplay.

I'm deity stone, my goal is to DD hard with high chance of critical hits and zerks, so no points for me to go sage.
    I don't try to be a tank. I like work in a squad and my role is to stay between tank and DDs, I can deal damage and protect our DDs.

With VIT stone on your gears and for 1v1 i think sage is an interesting path.

Last but not last if you have fun with that, take it :)
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • manbaby
    manbaby Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    intersting change of heart joe, nice to see some sage barbs who like to pk as well, other than just catas!
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Only kitty I've ever built was intended as a frog-tanking alt with some leftover bound gear from my BM main after it went R9. I made him sage and am happy with the results. Sage kitties get better defenses, at the cost of some direct damage, but for longer PVE aggro holding, sage ream plus stomp of the king with some filler skills runs pretty much chi-neutral, so you can hold things almost indefinately.

... still need to find shapeshifting intensity and get full R9 on him tho.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!