test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Amazing update

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please help us look into this issue further.

1. Does this occur with all NPCs or specific ones?
    2. Which language version are you playing? English, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French.

1. All
    2. English

HTH :)
  • Options
    sansericsanseric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Feel free to check out the zen store.

For the low-low price of 3500 zen you can buy a guaranteed login potion. Prevents freezing and crashing for 1 hour.
    Also on sale, for 9800 zen, is the "quest giver dialogue" potion. For 30 minutes, you can accept quests from all NPC's. Move fast.

I just bought a few of the "quest giver dialogue" potions and they worked a treat. Sure, they are on a 30min timer, but at that price it's a steal.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sanseric wrote: »
    I just bought a few of the "quest giver dialogue" potions and they worked a treat. Sure, they are on a 30min timer, but at that price it's a steal.

How much Zen does it cost?
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Set you keymap in Windows to US English and try again.
    For Rhix try using "L" -> "Daily Quests"
  • Options
    haarrheushaarrheus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

2. Which language version are you playing? English, Polish, Turkish, Italian, German, French.

1. quest NPC, Rhix, supplies vendor, auction broker....
    2. English
  • Options
    sansericsanseric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

1. For me, the bug seems to only affect NPCs with a ? above.
    2. English.

The game is unplayable atm (you can't hand in a quest) so why leave the server up? It would make more sense to close it 'til it's sorted.
  • Options
    cody29cody29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All the quest hand-in NPCs and Store NPCs in Vellosk.
    English language.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    English (UK) not US...
    So far Sgt. Knox, Guild Registrar, both the Guantlgrym faction guys in 'Trade of Blades', Aralynn the Poius, the Wonderous Bizzar.
  • Options
    havkarrohavkarro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I`m ex - programmer and long time player, so I will try couple of things that are the most common problems :

Tried :
    - update GFX drivers (NV) - not working
    - AMD Dual Core fix - still nothing
    - unthick 'read only' (like in UE3 games) - still nothing
    - made game ENG and keyboard ENG - NOT WORKING
    - patching on demand off - nothing
    - made game PL and keyboard PL - 0.

Doing right now :
    - veryfication of all files (after patching of demand diasabling)
    - I remember, that I got 2 folders in Neverwinter/Neverwinter folder - Live and another one which I see is missing - if somebody got working version - please, check this folder and tell me whatcha got.
    - checking the safe mode

or MBY not our fault :
    - some programmer could dispell some file or make Big instead of BIG letters, now we cant access - I was programming in school, so as far as I know it can completely destroy program on one machine and can still working fine on another one...
    - in this patch (or be4) they did something called pre-patching - so maybe clean installations are still working??
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    English. All NPCs that I have tried have this bug, but mailboxes work though........
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    English, All NPC's seem lacking dialogue, dynamic patching disabled..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    maribermariber Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All NPCs are not working, and also I can't open the treasure and finish quest (orc baracks, specifically), everything is blank. Please, fix it. :/
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    havkarro wrote: »
    I`m ex - programmer and long time player, so I will try couple of things that are the most common problems :

Tried :
    - veryfication of all files (after patching of demand diasabling) - not working

Doing right now :
    - I remember, that I got 2 folders in Neverwinter/Neverwinter folder - Live and another one which I see is missing - if somebody got working version - please, check this folder and tell me whatcha got.
    - checking the safe mode

or MBY not our fault :
    - some programmer could dispell some file or make Big instead of BIG letters, now we cant access - I was programming in school, so as far as I know it can completely destroy program on one machine and can still working fine on another one...
    - in this patch (or be4) they did something called pre-patching - so maybe clean installations are still working??

Added : - veryfication of all files (after patching of demand diasabling) - not working
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Tried :
    - veryfication of all files (after patching of demand diasabling) - not working
    - safe mode (not working)

Doing right now :

or MBY not our fault :

Safe mode is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, got any other ideas? Let me check them.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the updates, everyone. We're still investigating with your feedback. We hope to find the exact cause soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: Double post :(
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Are you guys seriously that out of touch with the state of your game? The foundry is broken--none of the maps load up. As a result , the game is killing similar to a Windows exception error. People can't talk to NPCs. And you're asking US these questions? Sorry, but that's insane.

I know you're doing your job, but this should be known well before it trickles down to the forums... Like by the developers responsible for testing it before bringing it live.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This worked for me and was originally posted by Imathi here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375551-Cant-talk-to-npc-after-patch&p=4763252&viewfull=1#post4763252
    imathil wrote: »
    All NPCs
    English
    WITH US International Keyboard under Windows settings...resetting to straight US keyboard and rebooting game fixed issue for me but I had to change the DEFAULT keyboard to US not just switch keyboard setttings.

Hope it helps other people too. If it does please consider bumping this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375712-Possible-Solution-to-blank-NPC-Dialogues

so everyone can benefit ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

1. Specyfic ones - traders (like gold merchants) are working fine
    - any other type (like the L button guy or any NPC with Quest) are making zero reaction.
    2. Tried with both English and Polish on both keyboard settings.

PLEASE GUYS. Try to make something productible instead of crying out for help. You are not the only one who are suffering from this. Imagine that after this patch they lost alot of money, due to unabling NPCs talking (and granting items as well).

PLEASE - one more time. Do everything that u can. Don`t be like a little kid who lost the only one important things in their lives. Try to help as much as u can.
  • Options
    indomafiaindomafia Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    foundry quests also failed to load
  • Options
    frost3ytefrost3yte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nearly every merchant, all quest givers
    English
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013

1. all
    2. English
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me
    Adding US locale & Keyboard, setting it to active
    restarting Neverwinter & talking to some, now talkative, NPCs, log out
    resetting my language back to English (UK)
    restarting Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Guys - how about compatibility modes on ur PC`s?

Check out, maybe one of those can start working nicely.

I will try in 5 mins.

Remember that there is Launcher and Game on seperately exec files, so its need to make it twice. Once for main folder, twice for neverwinter/live/gameclient.exe

BTW. Using NOD32 antivirus (6th gen) and got it off during all previous tasks, as well as firewall.

Proof of not working :

bug.jpg
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Refining rough AD is not adding you AD to pool, just lost 9k ad in the proccess... :/
    It was given by daily quests, GG onesand pvp
  • Options
    haarrheushaarrheus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have any problem with my Astral Shield... needs target... ehm
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    WORKING! Changed my system lang to US, keyboard to US, game to US and everything else I could find to US.

RESTARTED system.

Proof :

After :

working.jpg

Before :

bug.jpg
  • Options
    aislehealzjuaislehealzju Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone explain to me how a patch with NO graphics being added takes up About 1 Gigabyte of space? Im in awe. There is just no **** way in hell for that to happen.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Can someone explain to me how a patch with NO graphics being added takes up About 1 Gigabyte of space? Im in awe. There is just no **** way in hell for that to happen.

you can set up manually in gfx options - click advanced and then will be another expanding text, some option will allow you to decerase game memory ;)
  • Options
    aislehealzjuaislehealzju Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you can set up manually in gfx options - click advanced and then will be another expanding text, some option will allow you to decerase game memory ;)

No... i was asking how to decrease the size of the patch if there was such a way. configuring the gfx options only works on graphics not the size of a patch.