test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Panther or Vicious Dire Wolf ?

2»

Comments

• mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed the staggering for the wolf has been working since level 1. Can anyone confirm this ?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Panther will do slightly more damage while the Dire Wolf will offer slightly more control in the form of consistent knockdowns once they hit 30. Up to that point however they are very similar. Really just pick to flavor :)

Hey! You! Get back to Champions Online where you belong! No wonder we never see any power updates!
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    I've noticed the staggering for the wolf has been working since level 1. Can anyone confirm this ?

If you read the tool tip for Vicious bites it says the wolf does 3 hits and pushes target back. The rank 30 passive makes him knock target prone if he got combat advantage.
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    If you read the tool tip for Vicious bites it says the wolf does 3 hits and pushes target back. The rank 30 passive makes him knock target prone if he got combat advantage.

Opps, I wasn't sure if the stagger and the knock target prone was the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up kotli.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kotli wrote: »

Aha thanks!

So anyone else noticing the panther taking 5+ seconds to actually, well, attack? Sometimes even longer.
    AI issue?
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Panther will do slightly more damage while the Dire Wolf will offer slightly more control in the form of consistent knockdowns once they hit 30. Up to that point however they are very similar. Really just pick to flavor :)

The dire wolf does not knock anything down... it gets knocked upward about 3 times when it does hit with it... just letting you know.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The dire wolf does not knock anything down... it gets knocked upward about 3 times when it does hit with it... just letting you know.

I think that is stagger and the DW doesn't get the KD until level 30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh, it looks like a slow motion Hiayuuukan! without the target being dropped to the floor on his back.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited April 2013
    Can someone show some screenshots of the dire wolf please?
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013

Check his passive (which unlocks when a pet hits level 30) :D
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Im Curious, wich is better the Dire Wolf or the Honey Badger, not sure if i should waste the zen on a exspensive striker companion if i ahve the wolf..
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    I use one till it levels then switch. Even though its only a 1-2 min cooldown currently for me (at level 10) eventually it will be 30+ mins of downtime and I don't want to deal with a level 1 panther when I'm used to a level 10 wolf

yeahh; i've been doing the same thing.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • kazehideoshikazehideoshi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks a lot guys for this all these awesome posts and that hilarious picture a few pages back = )

Helped me out in testing and seeing what companion I want to use the most.