test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Imp's PvP Temptation Warlock Build

mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Nine Hells
About

Hello, I haven't seen any other builds up for Temptation PvP on the Warlock so I'll put my build up on here. There are a few things I personally haven't tested yet such as some boons, also a lot of the boons that give stats could be changed depending on if the stat is already rather high and into deminishing returns due to gear. My gear is currently "in the works" I have 12.7k GS and mainly stacked hp (36k hp) with 1k tenacity. I would probably suggest that a best slotted warlock would be trying to get as close to 50k HP as they can while getting around 1-2.5k in most of the stats but not going too deep into DR on each one. Life steal should be around 18-20%.

The Build

The race I personally chose was halfling which is why Dex is slightly high however I mainly chose it because I like LoS so much. Being small with a super fast refilling on being hit sprint has a lot of benefits for getting away from unwanted attention. Despite having a lot of damage debuffing the build / class is still very squishy even with good gear, you don't want to be taking too many hits where it wasn't necessary.

The one encounter I said could be switched out for a few different things is Dreadtheft. The alternatives to it would be Fiery Bolt // Killing Flames // Infernal Spheres. (Maybe it was a little more of a personal opinion on that last one but I think it works pretty well with such a short cooldown, no real cast time and applying lesser curse)

hrftwx.jpg

Feats

2v1qbh1.jpg

Boons

fwn8eh.jpg
? - If it procs on anything at all the build uses. (Lifesteal mainly)

Best in slot?

Belt: Plated Band of Constitution (rank 60)

Rings: Personally for this build I would say Ring of the Damned Beast.

Weapons: Draconic (for the health set bonus) or Golden Dragon's Arrogance with PvP t3 offhand or Corrupted Black Ice (would like to see peoples opinions on this if possible, I haven't tested it personally)

Head/Armor/Feet/arms: 2x t3 PvP with 2x t2 PvP or Purrified Black Ice or Nehter Mage's (again opinions would be good)

Primary Artifacts: Waters or Devoted

Secondary Artifacts: Vanguard + Great Weapon

Tactics

At-Will usage: When you get time to cast it make sure you keep Hellish Rebuke on if it isn't already on someone. Both At-Wills have a pretty long self root time after you use it, in the case of Hellish Rebuke you can tap sprint to one way to get rid of this self root after the initial animation. Eldritch has less of a after usage self root however it can still be useful especially if you are being hit with a dot to regenerate your stamina anyway to tap sprint to get rid of the self root and move a lot more while using it. Jumping before using Hellish Rebuke can help keep moving however I find it is slightly buggy with Eldritch.

Combo: The damage combo is fairly basic. Harrowstorm (careful for the long cast time that can't be skipped with shift) then leading into curse (tab) allowing for Warlocks Bargain (hellish rebuke could also be used in this time but depends on their resistance to the knock) to be cast. If you have daily up this is where you are able to lead into the Brood of Hadar to hold them and hit even more damage in the burst if not then lead straight into Dreadtheft which will stack 5 of the resistance buff on you. If you feel it is needed you can use shift to break out of Dreadthefts channelling to get out of any imminent danger / CC lock combo.

Daily Usage: I'd suggest you keep the 100% ready for the combo otherwise ready to use Accursed Souls when getting low on health and within 40ft of at least 2 people.

Shadow Slip Usage: Due to temptation having Eldritch momentum to regenerate 5% of your stamina whenever you take damage you certainly don't have to be as reserved as fury or damnation in flying about the place. However take into account unless you manage to decrease damage enough and the damage is small enough for example small DoT damage don't feel the need to be hit all the time as you'll end up dead rather quickly when focused on Warlock. Also careful not to waste all of your stamina just to find that no one hits you until a sudden burst of damage that you wont be able to sprint away from. Shadow Slip's CC resist is vital to survival in PvP especially with CW's being so buffed for PvP currently. Be wise on your use of it even if it's only to tap it and resist a cc or move out of a melee attack.

I may add more later, I'd be interested to hear what other people have been using for their Temptation builds and opinions on various things. I have a video on my Youtube under Dr Imp however seeing as it's technically a PvP video I can't put a link to it until I'm told I can. I'm fairly new to the build on that anyway and was only at 11.6k GS but it still gives a bit of an example I suppose.
Post edited by mrhinkypunk on

Comments

• Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    No it dose not effect warlocks any more only deadly curse and lesser curse effects now
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    No it dose not effect warlocks any more only deadly curse and lesser curse effects now

Okay, I'll get updating that picture then. Good thing I didn't change to it on live yet. :o

Do you know if desperate restoration affects life steal?
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Its all healing including life steal but i dont know if it works i just take the recharge tbh
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It's for the last 2 points, I have the recharge already maxed. I should maybe just get the 12% more AP from at-wills or the more damage from CON may "help" a little.
  • Options
    souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm also a Temptation Warlock :) My general power load out is:

At-Will: Eldritch Blast and Hellish Rebuke
    Encounter: Killing Flames, Harrowstorm, Dreadtheft, Warlock's Shadow to taste.
    Daily: Brood of Hadar and... undecided

I'm aware of the synergy between Warlock's Curse and Dreadtheft. I dislike using Warlock's Bargain in pvp because of the health cost. I find that it creates a window of opportunity for the enemy to CC you and either wait out the debuff, or just wail on you. My tactics are similar to yours in that I try to open with Harrowstorm, and then go from there.

In my experience, even though Temptation can heal, warlocks are still fragile. I like to stay with / behind my teammates, and seek out windows of opportunity before I strike (for example, using Harrowstorm on CWs or other key enemies, and not just the first person I see in a group). Killing Flames is a powerful tool no matter which warlock path you take. It's nice for cleaning up... plus you get a pet. With competent teammates, I like to use Warlock's Shadow for support. The debuff helps mitigate some damage, the snare helps catch a runner or stop an aggressor (chasing you or your team), and you also have the opportunity to snare multiple people at once.

One skill I want to try out is Infernal Spheres. At max rank you spawn 5... at 75% health you spawn 6... and at 50% health you spawn 7. The damage is comparable to Harrowstorm with 7 spheres. The benefits are: very fast cooldown, orbs orbit around you until used, each orb can apply lesser curse, the orbs seek out enemies... so it might hit perma-stealth rogues? Drawbacks: randomness of which target it hits. This spell is best used 1v1 to ensure all orbs hit the same target.

Just my thoughts for now.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PvP temptation SW with high con and int is pretty solid if you build your SW like a cleric. My build is a little different from you cause all my points is in temptation path but now i start to figure what is the role of SW in pvp... Will it be better to take a support SW instead of a DC?? I think most ppl will pick a DC although DC is the weakest one in pvp. Sadly, pvp cleric is really a rare species nowadays, especially our natural predator got buffed so hard and we got no chance to stay alive. If someone propose a way SW can outmatch DC, please let me know ty.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    PvP temptation SW with high con and int is pretty solid if you build your SW like a cleric. My build is a little different from you cause all my points is in temptation path but now i start to figure what is the role of SW in pvp... Will it be better to take a support SW instead of a DC?? I think most ppl will pick a DC although DC is the weakest one in pvp. Sadly, pvp cleric is really a rare species nowadays, especially our natural predator got buffed so hard and we got no chance to stay alive. If someone propose a way SW can outmatch DC, please let me know ty.

DC is more defensive and has more defensive buffs. It's daily makes the team pretty unkillable while it is down. Also DC has anti CC and dodges.

On the other hand it does no damage really compared to the warlock which even though temptation is support you're still a DPS. You heal based off how much damage you hit so there's not point not stacking any damage stats at all. Generally speaking a maxed warlock will be very squishy but will be around 40-50k hp with a fair amount of regen and 20% lifesteal. I found that the class is a bit of a mix of CW, GWF and cleric. It can certainly roam faster than any other class and helps team mates. I think this class is purely going to be a "start off fighting at mid as fight goes on roams to help out backcapper or anti-backcapper when needed" kind of thing. He'll just go to where he is needed for the heals and damage. Although temptation warlock has debuffs it certainly isn't enough to make a massive impact on how defensive your team will feel. It'll mainly be the mass of healing numbers you'll cause in AoE.

A cleric and warlock duo at mid would be an interesting combo but I'd imagine it lacking too much CC and getting owned as soon as a CW comes along.
    soulesha wrote: »
    Just my thoughts for now.

Sounds like you've been thinking very similar to me. I suppose I'm kind of bias towards bargain because I think it looks so cool, it is true that it does create a moment of opportunity however if you get it to crit the damage is insane for a DoT and melts CW's that try hiding with it on them. Like you I try to stay as far away from being hit as I can, I hate batiing the other team to attack my team but as a warlock you kind of have to do it to survive. As soon as people start focusing me I try to get behind LoS or just kite if it's a GF or GWF so that if I have team mates there hopefully the other team will waste their time chasing me and end up being countered by my team. The DoT's help me still deal damage while running too.

As for the spheres I have often tried it out, I actually kind of like using it instead of dreadtheft, I know that sounds kind of random but sometimes dread theft's snare while channeling can make it kind of useless. The spheres do indeed make it a lot easier to find a TR, you just go to where the spheres went flying off to the problem is what you do once you found him. Harrowstorm has a much too long cast time and stops casting as soon as the become stealthed again, I suppose a harrowstorm - spheres - shadow settup may work however. Problem would be if you end up lacking too much damage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Updated the feats. That's probably the final build there unless I find something may be better to take.
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi mrhinkypunk,

I really liked your build :D Can i add it to mmominds.com??
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi mrhinkypunk,

I really liked your build :D Can i add it to mmominds.com??

Sure go ahead. :)
  • Options
    malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    t2 chest/boots t3 helm/arms??

I imagine a dominator cloak/bi belt?? or the blue stuff still.. Are you purely doing radiants in offense and defense slot"?
    ``````````````````````````
    bi6w07.png
  • Options
    nathan900002nathan900002 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will use your build with a human :)
  • Options
    lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately, the current winner for THE weakest class/build for PvP is the Temptation Warlock. At least those pet warlocks get a permanent pet as a distraction tool. I'm currently playing a temp witch and I can tell you.. The healing numbers are depressing. Your heals can't even out-do a single persons at-wills. Usually I'm seeing small heal numbers going by around me whenever I'm in the middle of a fight. Rarely do my out-going heal numbers break into the triple digits. For "anti-rogue" work I usually prefer DreadTheft as it auto-tracks. The bad side is... It snares you so as to make you an EVEN easier target, marks you by that rogue as their next victim/target, and most folks in your group won't even know what to do with the beam. Sure, it's moving around and pointing directly at the rogue, but most folks just stand around with their thumbs up their butts going... "Duh...." If I have a daily up, I'll tend to pop the hold one first, then throw out a HS because my target is now stationary and getting pummeled by a bunch of bats, then curse to pop them up, then fireball their butts, and finally finish with flames in the hopes they're low enough to get taken down. /shrug That's my usual combo, but it's definitely subject to change depending on the situation.

P.S.-Against most rogues that even have a clue, you're pretty much deadmeat. Actually, the same goes for the other classes really. I'm not trying to depress anyone, but there's a reason why Temptation Warlocks are THE weakest class/build in PvP for this game currently. Lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    ther is close to no reason to be a Tempt Lock in PVP. Even in a proper premade with a Knights Valor bot, your heals will likely amount to nothing, and that temporary hitpoint proc is nearly useless in my opinion.

The only, and arguably useful, thing that Temp will give you is the "near" infinite run speed build, but even then, its completely useless though cus that 30% DR seems pretty useless 90% of the time, and they still have to stop sprinting in order to attack.

Just realized, this is a very Old and Outdated Guide ** Build this and Lose ;p
  • Options
    nathan900002nathan900002 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    ther is close to no reason to be a Tempt Lock in PVP. Even in a proper premade with a Knights Valor bot, your heals will likely amount to nothing, and that temporary hitpoint proc is nearly useless in my opinion.

The only, and arguably useful, thing that Temp will give you is the "near" infinite run speed build, but even then, its completely useless though cus that 30% DR seems pretty useless 90% of the time, and they still have to stop sprinting in order to attack.

Just realized, this is a very Old and Outdated Guide ** Build this and Lose ;p

Did you know another good warlock build? Fury, or Dammation (I Dont know dammation is viable for pvp :p)
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Did you know another good warlock build? Fury, or Dammation (I Dont know dammation is viable for pvp :p)

check out the off tank build of Laz's DPS build. Either one will do you well until Mod 6 is out, and then everything will change once again.
  • Options
    nathanw66nathanw66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    check out the off tank build of Laz's DPS build. Either one will do you well until Mod 6 is out, and then everything will change once again.

Thanks bro, but now iam using this build: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?736131-Daigotsu-Scourge-Warlock-Guide-by-quot-Leeroy-Jenkins-quot-of-GWF-Fame-%29&p=9749841&posted=1#post9749841

I think it's nice :D
  • Options
    avecollecteravecollecter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About

Hello, I haven't seen any other builds up for Temptation PvP on the Warlock so I'll put my build up on here. There are a few things I personally haven't tested yet such as some boons, also a lot of the boons that give stats could be changed depending on if the stat is already rather high and into deminishing returns due to gear. My gear is currently "in the works" I have 12.7k GS and mainly stacked hp (36k hp) with 1k tenacity. I would probably suggest that a best slotted warlock would be trying to get as close to 50k HP as they can while getting around 1-2.5k in most of the stats but not going too deep into DR on each one. Life steal should be around 18-20%.

The Build

The race I personally chose was halfling which is why Dex is slightly high however I mainly chose it because I like LoS so much. Being small with a super fast refilling on being hit sprint has a lot of benefits for getting away from unwanted attention. Despite having a lot of damage debuffing the build / class is still very squishy even with good gear, you don't want to be taking too many hits where it wasn't necessary.

The one encounter I said could be switched out for a few different things is Dreadtheft. The alternatives to it would be Fiery Bolt // Killing Flames // Infernal Spheres. (Maybe it was a little more of a personal opinion on that last one but I think it works pretty well with such a short cooldown, no real cast time and applying lesser curse)

hrftwx.jpg

Feats

2v1qbh1.jpg

Boons

fwn8eh.jpg
    ? - If it procs on anything at all the build uses. (Lifesteal mainly)

Best in slot?

Belt: Plated Band of Constitution (rank 60)

Rings: Personally for this build I would say Ring of the Damned Beast.

Weapons: Draconic (for the health set bonus) or Golden Dragon's Arrogance with PvP t3 offhand or Corrupted Black Ice (would like to see peoples opinions on this if possible, I haven't tested it personally)

Head/Armor/Feet/arms: 2x t3 PvP with 2x t2 PvP or Purrified Black Ice or Nehter Mage's (again opinions would be good)

Primary Artifacts: Waters or Devoted

Secondary Artifacts: Vanguard + Great Weapon

Tactics

At-Will usage: When you get time to cast it make sure you keep Hellish Rebuke on if it isn't already on someone. Both At-Wills have a pretty long self root time after you use it, in the case of Hellish Rebuke you can tap sprint to one way to get rid of this self root after the initial animation. Eldritch has less of a after usage self root however it can still be useful especially if you are being hit with a dot to regenerate your stamina anyway to tap sprint to get rid of the self root and move a lot more while using it. Jumping before using Hellish Rebuke can help keep moving however I find it is slightly buggy with Eldritch.

Combo: The damage combo is fairly basic. Harrowstorm (careful for the long cast time that can't be skipped with shift) then leading into curse (tab) allowing for Warlocks Bargain (hellish rebuke could also be used in this time but depends on their resistance to the knock) to be cast. If you have daily up this is where you are able to lead into the Brood of Hadar to hold them and hit even more damage in the burst if not then lead straight into Dreadtheft which will stack 5 of the resistance buff on you. If you feel it is needed you can use shift to break out of Dreadthefts channelling to get out of any imminent danger / CC lock combo.

Daily Usage: I'd suggest you keep the 100% ready for the combo otherwise ready to use Accursed Souls when getting low on health and within 40ft of at least 2 people.

Shadow Slip Usage: Due to temptation having Eldritch momentum to regenerate 5% of your stamina whenever you take damage you certainly don't have to be as reserved as fury or damnation in flying about the place. However take into account unless you manage to decrease damage enough and the damage is small enough for example small DoT damage don't feel the need to be hit all the time as you'll end up dead rather quickly when focused on Warlock. Also careful not to waste all of your stamina just to find that no one hits you until a sudden burst of damage that you wont be able to sprint away from. Shadow Slip's CC resist is vital to survival in PvP especially with CW's being so buffed for PvP currently. Be wise on your use of it even if it's only to tap it and resist a cc or move out of a melee attack.

I may add more later, I'd be interested to hear what other people have been using for their Temptation builds and opinions on various things. I have a video on my Youtube under Dr Imp however seeing as it's technically a PvP video I can't put a link to it until I'm told I can. I'm fairly new to the build on that anyway and was only at 11.6k GS but it still gives a bit of an example I suppose.

Any ideas for mod6?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Somebody should post a temptation build at last. This necro is getting annoying.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Never ever look at me.."