What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Piercing dmg Rework!

xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
It's definitely time to Rework Piercing dmg,
the fact of a completely ignore of our DR is not more Acceptable,

to say we have now more HP it not the solution or or the answer.
Because everyone/ each class can reach high amount of HP with M6 now
and of course overall the damage/dps it also increased.

Piercing dmg which can ignore our DMG-Resistance
it's class specific and it doesn't concern all.
to have a possibility to ignore the DR
it's an incredible advantage to extremely hurt the enemy.
the user is getting a high amount of freedom with it.

even 100k HP it not enough to survive,
or long enough to counter against an enemy with piercing dmg
an addition with over 100% crit, it's simply too much,

We need a way to have a chance to Defend us against Piercing dmg,
DR need to work! or it should work at least for 50% Reduction as a Normal Reduction,

When Piercing is supposed to ignore our DMG-Resistance for EVER-
Then PLS Devs just give us any other way,
How we can defend ourselves!

We need something that should help us against piercing dmg.
<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
Post edited by xgrandz02 on

Comments

• Options
    greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes it is making TR's extremely overpowered. Seeing some take down 100k+ HP full def tanks in a matter of seconds. I am sure some will come here and defend their overpowered ways, but like Negation Enchant it is a crutch that needs to be removed.
  • Options
    lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've wondered if the alternate balance were to change stealth, so that any attack from stealth would break it, but the stealth gauge would not automatically go to zero from at-wills, so that they can restealth again afterward? Basically making stealth a toggle with a fluid meter instead of the perma-stealthing one sees now.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is nothing wrong with some piercing damage, but the way certain artifacts etc interact is making a problem. There is just too much of it. But if it was completely removed, just imagine how long it would take to kill a prot paladin. It just needs severely scaled back and have shocking execution not be piercing in pvp.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    without piercing you'd need to give TRs back their huge damage. Without piercing, Cws with negate/shield on tab, Ops and DCs, etc would be unkillable by most. GL with your QQ, your tears fuel my joy.
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is nothing wrong with some piercing damage, but the way certain artifacts etc interact is making a problem. There is just too much of it. But if it was completely removed, just imagine how long it would take to kill a prot paladin. It just needs severely scaled back and have shocking execution not be piercing in pvp.

SE is fine. It's big, and a daily with piercing is fine. Piercing damage from at-wills while in stealth however, is not. It's hugely frustrating to take 30k damage from Shadowy Opportunity before you can even respond.

I'm not sure what the developers have in mind but it must be something. Can someone on the developer team chime in with their thoughts on Shadowy Opportunity?
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    or maybe make everyone's dmg PIERCING DMG, so everyone has higher chance to take down each other including the OP/DCs :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    umcjdking wrote: »
    SE is fine. It's big, and a daily with piercing is fine. Piercing damage from at-wills while in stealth however, is not. It's hugely frustrating to take 30k damage from Shadowy Opportunity before you can even respond.

I'm not sure what the developers have in mind but it must be something. Can someone on the developer team chime in with their thoughts on Shadowy Opportunity?

SE is not fine at all. There are classes that can't dodge it at all. And geared TRs can deal 70k+ SEs.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    SE is not fine at all. There are classes that can't dodge it at all. And geared TRs can deal 70k+ SEs.

Yes, I agree, any BiS TR using SE can hit GWF/SW for 50~70k damage 100% OF THE TIME with 100% HIT CHANCE.

All they need to do is to activate DC's artifact, wait for 10 seconds or so, and press the SE button again, there is no chance any GWF/SW can survive that unless they have a OP/DC next to them. :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Make it additional damage with 2x of your normal resist ignore So if you have 55% resist ignore normally. the damage is treated like it has 110% . so then with 60% arpenresist (full burning) you still ignore 44%. This means its still essentially "piercing" damage in PvE. but in PvP it CAN be mitigated / reduced and remove that "cannot be deflected" stuff. thats just bad design for characters that rely on Deflect over normal defense.

If a rogue sacrifices power / other stats for more ARPEN. then they will still effectively be doing 100% damage. except on deflects :P I mean even 44% ignore on piercing gets through a LOT of stuff.

another way too do it is too make piercing add a Flat 100% resist ignore to its hits. that means with 55% natural + 100% after the 60% resist you have 62% RI.

The problem is that Seperate Layer DR's like negation and shield affect any damage EVEN WITH RI. while Piercing goes right on through.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    grimelrok wrote: »
    without piercing you'd need to give TRs back their huge damage. Without piercing, Cws with negate/shield on tab, Ops and DCs, etc would be unkillable by most. GL with your QQ, your tears fuel my joy.

Great that'd make you on par with every dps that exists other than TR. It's not fair unless TR is overpowered? makes sense bud

Welcome back to reality mortal
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Sabo TRs don't need any piercing damage. If anything, they should be the WEAKEST OF ALL TRs in terms of damage-dealing capacity... not this 1-button CoS spam that auto-procs passive damage.

If they want piercing damage, they can give up one of their class features and use Oppressive Darkness. This is all you need. If this makes it more difficult for ALL TRs, including those non-Sabos like myself, to bring down OPs or DCs alone, then so be it. We take them down with the help of our teammates LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, and if our team is weak or incompetent or not well-prepared to take them down then we don't get to take them down, and we lose, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Those tanky DCs or OPs? They invested and made their classes that way to become tanks. If we need to take them down, then WE DO IT OLD-SCHOOL TANK-BUSTING WAY, with lots of coordinated focus fire and CCs. Not through abusing some ridiculous OP mechanic which has no place in PvP. No friggin' self-respecting TR should think otherwise.

* Remove SO from the Sabo path.
    * Fix SE of the MI paragon.
    * Fix broken shi* like WoE artifact for all classes.
    * Fix broken shi* like LoL set bonuses.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ~

DCs have no issues dealing with sabos cuz... Empowered Shield, Waring Flare. They can cry about their 0 damage. But the ones that do have a chance to take a DC down are the daze-dps or high-burst exe ones if they have the gear to back it up. Just sucks that every TR and their granma are sabo these days.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rustlord wrote: »
    DCs have no issues dealing with sabos cuz... Empowered Shield, Waring Flare. They can cry about their 0 damage. But the ones that do have a chance to take a DC down are the daze-dps or high-burst exe ones if they have the gear to back it up. Just sucks that every TR and their granma are sabo these days.

If you actually played non BIS geared TR you'd know why. TR dmg from encounter is bad, can be dodged and have long cd on top of that.
  • Options
    vira5vira5 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2015
    Fire wheel is as broken as HR's piercing blade and CW's assailant force in mod 4. These devs never learn.
    eXqD3VJ.gif?1
    DC - VIRÄ
    CW - VYŃ
    HR - VÖÖM
  • Options
    GranDGranD Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    is there a way to use my old nickname ?
    this new forum is really annoying me,

I'm xgrandz02,
    i can't edit my old Post (Old threads), but it is still the same account,

when i picked this nick GranD,
    I didn't know, that i would create a completely new forum account <.<

:'(

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ● xgrandz02

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    just log with your old credentials