test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Update Invoking To Show Who Has Invoked

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
It's really annoying to think you've invoked on all your characters, then later realize you missed one. There really isn't any way to even know you missed invoking unless you log back in to each character and check. This can be frustrating and mind-numbingly boring to go through. And it happens to me a lot.

There are two suggestions I will make:

1. Make the Invocation button (the thing in the upper right corner of screen) have a lock symbol on it after the last invoke. Currently after the last invoke the symbol thing doesn't change. It looks like you are ready for another Invoke. And you only find out you are done by hovering mouse over it, or pressing control+I. Just make it turn into a lock symbol and this will solve it for all.

2. Add an invocation indicator to the Character login screen. Put them beside each character so we know at a glance if any of our characters still need to Invoke. If they are done Invoking for the day then make the indicator turn into a small lock symbol. This will solve the problem for all players.

Using the screenshot below as example, there could be an invoke symbol underneath the character level. Maybe make it turn green if ready to invoke, turn red if the invoke is on timer cooldown, and become locked (a lock symbol) if that character is done invoking for the day.

neverwinter_login_screen.jpg
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maybe they could just add the deity icon next to the chatacter's name in the character select screen - if it's greyed out, it means *not* ready to invoke, and if it's illuminated/glowing, then it means they are ready to.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Maybe they could just add the deity icon next to the chatacter's name in the character select screen - if it's greyed out, it means *not* ready to invoke, and if it's illuminated/glowing, then it means they are ready to.

Except that "not ready to invoke" does not tell you if you are done invoking for the day.
    edited June 2015
    My two suggestions were not meant to compete with each other. They should do both. But ty :)
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While you're at it: when switching characters, the default toon it goes to should be more consistent. I usually start with my bottom character, and work my way up. When I log out of one, it sometimes stays on that toon, it sometimes goes up one and it sometimes goes down one. This results in me sometimes skipping a toon here and there.

I'm tired and had a hard time putting that to words.
    edited June 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    While you're at it: when switching characters, the default toon it goes to should be more consistent. I usually start with my bottom character, and work my way up. When I log out of one, it sometimes stays on that toon, it sometimes goes up one and it sometimes goes down one. This results in me sometimes skipping a toon here and there.

I'm tired and had a hard time putting that to words.

I have this issue as well. I hate that it doesnt stay on the one you were playing.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It would be a nice and player friendly feature to have.

As to how: I'd like a little box with the number of invokes already made today. Colour change or highlighting tells you the char's invocation CD timer is off...

...but I don't have my hopes high for something the like happening.
  • twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice suggestions.

I would also like to able to set my alts to truly invisible so when I'm cycling through my leadership slaves, I'm not spamming every person on my friend list with a thousand log messages.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Something tells me that going through and invoking all your alts and leadership slaves every day was not what they really had in mind for their game. it was intended as a benefit to actually playing a character, and has been perverted to just a necessary evil.

I don't see them making it any simpler, easier or more efficient any time soon.