test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fox cunning and stuns

lolitokinlolitokin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I dodge an attack in pvp I'm not affected by stunning/dazing effects. Why is it that with fox cunning I successfully dodge the attack, yet I'm still dazed? This is incredibly annoying since fox cunning is one of the only counters I have to the OP rogue. I may have dodged the damage, but the 3+ second daze leaves me in capable of doing anything. Could I please get some feedback on this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    lolitokin wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I dodge an attack in pvp I'm not affected by stunning/dazing effects. Why is it that with fox cunning I successfully dodge the attack, yet I'm still dazed? This is incredibly annoying since fox cunning is one of the only counters I have to the OP rogue. I may have dodged the damage, but the 3+ second daze leaves me in capable of doing anything. Could I please get some feedback on this.

I agree! It is annoying as all heck, like cw's powers, the damage is less important than the immobility these effect cause.

In any game if you dodge an attack you dodge those effects too. Like a fizzle in mtg. Been bothering me for a long time
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The Scoundrel build has more than one Daze.

For example: If he hits you while you have Fox Cunning with "ONLY" Dazing Strike, then your Fox cunning will protect you from damage, and the daze.

However: Scoundrel Builds have Skullcracker as a cap Stone - Skullcracker - Every 15 seconds you gain the skullcracker effect, Your next "Encounter" Power now dazes the target for 4 seconds, your attacks extend this daze by .5 seconds, up to an additional 2 seconds.(Skull cracker full daze is 6 seconds)

They also have Concussive Strikes - Your critical strikes and attacks from behind the target Daze your foes for 2.5 seconds, a target can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.

More than likely what is happening, is your Fox is negating Skullcracker, but you are getting stunned immediately from Concussive Strikes, or Vice Versa.

A well played Scoundrel Will open up on you first with Cloud of Steel, removing your Fox's Cunning, and dazing you with Concussive Strikes all while in Stealth, when stealth is almost up they will then use Shadow Strike(which dazes you again if used in Stealth), as well as Adds the 6 second stun from Skull-cracker, continue using CoS eventually gaining Concussive Strikes again, then when stealth is almost out Deft Strike into you slowing you, then immediately start a Duelist Flurry that you 99.9% of the time will not be able to avoid because of this rotation. Most HR's don't survive this rotation.

Its even nastier if used by a WK Scoundrel. I wont go into specific rotation as its really not fair and not many people know/understand the rotation. Basically if you die in like 4 seconds and are stunned and slowed the entire time without having the ability to do one single thing...you know its a very skilled WK Scoundrel. I haven't seen anyone using the specific rotation btw.

My only suggestion is to build very tanky as a HR. Not much else you can do really, more health will allow you to survive longer(potentially), and hopefully get your Roots off as they do excellent damage, and force the TR into recovery mode.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    The Scoundrel build has more than one Daze.

For example: If he hits you while you have Fox Cunning with "ONLY" Dazing Strike, then your Fox cunning will protect you from damage, and the daze.

However: Scoundrel Builds have Skullcracker as a cap Stone - Skullcracker - Every 15 seconds you gain the skullcracker effect, Your next "Encounter" Power now dazes the target for 4 seconds, your attacks extend this daze by .5 seconds, up to an additional 2 seconds.(Skull cracker full daze is 6 seconds)

They also have Concussive Strikes - Your critical strikes and attacks from behind the target Daze your foes for 2.5 seconds, a target can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.

More than likely what is happening, is your Fox is negating Skullcracker, but you are getting stunned immediately from Concussive Strikes, or Vice Versa.

A well played Scoundrel Will open up on you first with Cloud of Steel, removing your Fox's Cunning, and dazing you with Concussive Strikes all while in Stealth, when stealth is almost up they will then use Shadow Strike(which dazes you again if used in Stealth), as well as Adds the 6 second stun from Skull-cracker, continue using CoS eventually gaining Concussive Strikes again, then when stealth is almost out Deft Strike into you slowing you, then immediately start a Duelist Flurry that you 99.9% of the time will not be able to avoid because of this rotation. Most HR's don't survive this rotation.

Its even nastier if used by a WK Scoundrel. I wont go into specific rotation as its really not fair and not many people know/understand the rotation. Basically if you die in like 4 seconds and are stunned and slowed the entire time without having the ability to do one single thing...you know its a very skilled WK Scoundrel. I haven't seen anyone using the specific rotation btw.

My only suggestion is to build very tanky as a HR. Not much else you can do really, more health will allow you to survive longer(potentially), and hopefully get your Roots off as they do excellent damage, and force the TR into recovery mode.

http://xboxclips.com/Lol+iTokin/5a70cf8f-560c-4b39-87a1-edef6e97fdaa
    As you can see in the vid, no CoS to break and it was an exe build(vicious pursuit). This happens all the time, regardless of what class the rogue is. The scenario you described rarely ever (if ever) has happened to me, that is what a skilled TR would do, but 90% of Xbox TRs are not skilled and use the same tactic all the time. This isn't a witch hunt comment or omgherd plz nerf OP TRash1!!1!! Just an opinion.

I said TR as they have the most annoying/OP stuns, but it is not only TRs stun/daze effect that ignores the fox cunning dodge. Gwf/hr/cw etc have all the same affect, I will try to gather more proof although I feel as if it will be in vain.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://xboxclips.com/Lol+iTokin/5a70cf8f-560c-4b39-87a1-edef6e97fdaa
    As you can see in the vid, no CoS to break and it was an exe build(vicious pursuit). This happens all the time, regardless of what class the rogue is. The scenario you described rarely ever (if ever) has happened to me, that is what a skilled TR would do, but 90% of Xbox TRs are not skilled and use the same tactic all the time. This isn't a witch hunt comment or omgherd plz nerf OP TRash1!!1!! Just an opinion.

I said TR as they have the most annoying/OP stuns, but it is not only TRs stun/daze effect that ignores the fox cunning dodge. Gwf/hr/cw etc have all the same affect, I will try to gather more proof although I feel as if it will be in vain.

Hmm, yup your definitely correct. That's cheap, shouldn't work like that.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Hmm, yup your definitely correct. That's cheap, shouldn't work like that.

It is, kind of pointless running it tbh.