test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Layoffs shadow: Changes goes into the good direction

beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
Layoffs shadow
I would like to thanks staff. Changes goes into the good direction.
Since the layoffs, staff began listening to the community and it was a good change.

Listening to the community is really important and we see now a good results.
Not to say blank words, I will quote a few self-inspired and self-experienced examples.

Fixing bugs
panderus wrote: »
Disintegrate now correctly generates Action Points.

It is really a good step where devs listen to common bugs and fix them.
Less bugs makes them to feel gameplay less intrusive and thus, much better.

Explaining bothering mechanics
I was curoius how Armor Penetration Resistance works as, after hours of tests, wasn`t able to find the formula. Asked about Arp/RI formula by gentlemancrush and got the answer from the GMC (developer).

It is a good manner to explain players how bothering mechanics works.
Players feels less confused and can enjoy the game for longer.

Listening to player`s Feedback
Above decribed GMC Tenacity and Damage Resistance formulas caused a massive Feedback from community.
We all agreed that Resistance should be multiplicative, not additive.

And the comminity feedback met the devs. It is now changed and we can enjoy the enhanced formula.
  • PVP: Armor Penetration Resistance now correctly works as expected against players.
  • Tenacity: Armor Penetration Resistance is now multiplicative. Base Armor penetration resistance is now 20% to compensate.
  • Tenacity: Damage Resistance and Critical Resistance from Tenacity are now correctly multiplicative.

It is also a very good, important change. Asked, got the explaination and made the Feedback.
The Feedback result met changed and now we can enjoy enhancements.

Allowing players to step in
I found the Forum Event - Hurt & Heal: Paragon Paths too much HP issue, stepped in and my step got respected.
I'm cool with this! That Vilithrax.

It is a good change. We want to feel helpful and we want the community to keep in touch with staff.
It is in a good favour you let us get a step in, it makes us more active and builds agreement.

Fixing mistakes from the past
The history of Storm Spell is long and colorful. But we all can agree. This passive made too much damage.
Staff toke the feedback and fixed the mistake from the past, fixing this passive`s damage.
Storm Spell: This class feature now has a .5 second ICD and can no longer critically strike.

It is a good step in class balance, but also a Path Balance and makes Master of Flame path closer to well Balanced.

Omnomnom.gif

This is a big, good change :o

However
While the changes are good, dialogue with the community needs to last and being constantly enhancing.
There are still many bugs to get fixed and improvements community shouts about.
Keep it up and don`t stop the good flow beetween staff and the community!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm usually very skeptical about cryptic. But these changes seem to be good and both long waited and fixed by community fast notcie. Hopefully they will continue this practice further. Good job this time
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think sooner or later they will buff up Master of Flame cuz it was ended on last places.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree absolutely with topicstarter.