test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

People , relax plz about the ice dale nerf, a mirror view

name0rngname0rng Member Posts: 52
edited June 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Funny thing
When they introduced ice dale drops the community were so thankful
Now they nerf it cause they decided it too much RP , and there is now more toxic then before
if there wasn't introduced drops at all , there was no complaints now .. Funny thing .. And a mirror view
So it's:

A - just make me more understand how all their business thinking that relate to customers service is poorly designed and have to be changed
B- show how much there is white noise is this forums ( "worst thing they have done" "I can't be bis now" , plz)
C- taking us from the real issues this game will fall - exploiters paradise and mass bugs

u can be angry , but direct it to the right places - the why the hell they didn't think at start it's too much RP , how come they didn't plan this through properly

For B:
Now legendary gear is again out of reach for grinders only - and I'm ok with that , their business model in free mmo is ok that u need to put money to be bis , it's still not make it pay to win

pay to win is when the gap between bis and one level achievable down for free user is too high, and no matter what u say , it's not here , it's not in pve and also not in PvP ( forgot those 0.1% premade bis guilds in Dom matches when u don't have a chance, don't forget they try to use glitches and most of them got their gear by exploiting so it's not comparison to them )
that is why return to your way of thinking 2 weeks ago , only 2 weeks ago , try to reach purple , the hard grinders get one arti to legendary , that's enough believe me
Don't need more , the key is need , u don't need bis , period
So it's for me white noise

The real problems are: A and C as I written

P.s- I'm not bis , not close , have multi alts that try to keep up to date to stay relevant ( purple arti gear) and this nerf hurt me too , so I'm saying this without secret agenda
Post edited by name0rng on

Comments

• dissidenc3dissidenc3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    name0rng wrote: »
    pay to win is when the gap between bis and one level achievable down for free user is too high

It really isn't, when higher power items are attainable only by paying, it's pay to win. The power increase is irrelevant.
    I'm not saying neverwinter is/isn't pay to win, but your definition is off.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you dont know what you are talking about, you have no game experience on things you are writing. if you think that pvp unbalance between players is about 0.1 premade pvp guilds, you are very wrong. you read this premise on forum and repeat it. its far from reality. please dont write things, you know nothing about
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    P.s- I'm not bis , not close , have multi alts that try to keep up to date to stay relevant ( purple arti gear) and this nerf hurt me too , so I'm saying this without secret agenda

If you have multiple characters with purple artifact gear, you are doing way better than I. I only have one toon with that, and he is not near bis either.

I see your point, but I disagree than the IWD encounters gave too much RP. My opinion.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And it's not free to play anymore. With the content made significantly harder, you need higher level artifacts to play. Just try doing eLOL in greens and blues. If you can't level up the artifacts with drops from quests and HE's, then it is now pay to play.
  • name0rngname0rng Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2015
    dissidenc3 wrote: »
    It really isn't, when higher power items are attainable only by paying, it's pay to win. The power increase is irrelevant.

The thing that is not ... RP is not attainable only buy Zen right ? Ur set arti gear u farm for those right ? U need to be accurate
    All is in game attainable
    Even the zen stuff u can convert AD to zen and buy
    So yeh
    Not pay to win
    And I am right
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dissidenc3 wrote: »

There is absolutely nothing that someone can buy... save refining stones (blood rubies)... to make them better. I have met some horrible BiS players in PvP.

I agree with everything the OP delivers. It was too much at one time and in one area. This was essentially the same as the Gov't creating the welfare program. Some people will always abuse free stuff... any way they can. Why? Because they see no other way to have success.
    I believe their thought was to offer something to us all... and some people thought to go nuts. I will admit that I did it a few times... but it was too boring and mindless. I am not one to choose the insanity of doing the same thing over and over again... hoping for different results.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    you dont know what you are talking about, you have no game experience on things you are writing. if you think that pvp unbalance between players is about 0.1 premade pvp guilds, you are very wrong. you read this premise on forum and repeat it. its far from reality. please dont write things, you know nothing about

I'm in game for year and something
    PvP with several toons
    GF GWF DC CW TR OP
    Did PvP with them in pve gear , gaunt gear , t2 PvP gear ...

There is not perfect balance and from time to time they mass something that make clear unbalance
    But still :
    Yes in general , PvP when not against premade bis can feel fun to anyone and u be ok if u know your class and rule

And to assume I don't know nothing.. Make me laugh .. Probably more then u if u write this ..
    But that not the issue lets not drag to 15 years old kids debate
    The issue is the ice nerf . And relax call .. And to steer the ship of feedback to the real issues
    Btw no one stoping u to create PvP unbalance thread .. That also feedback
    So relax
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The thing is not ... RP is not attainable only buy Zen right ? Ur set arti gear u farm for those right ? U need to be accurate
    All is in game attainable
    Even the zen stuff u can convert AD to zen and buy
    So yeh
    Not pay to win
    And I am right

Yes and no, the current grind doesn't keep up with the rate that they are bringing out new gear and modules. Also, astral diamonds have become far harder to obtain than ever before. Even with leadership. So eventually if you want to have a half decent char you are likely going to have to spend money somewhere along the way. But technically, you are correct. It is not pay to win.
    edited June 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    He/she said your definition was off, they were right. You just completely changed from being BiS being the only way to be BiS to saying that you don't need to.

What ? How ?
    No no just trying to get to the point that if u want something ,one item from zen store , u can get It after X amount of time grinding

Still in my position u don't need to be bis and u cant have it all by free grinding , and again , don't need to have it all
    It doesn't mean that u can't have nothing too u know
    There is middle place
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You don't need to pay if you understand the AH and how to leadership
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm in game for year and something
    PvP with several toons
    GF GWF DC CW TR OP
    Did PvP with them in pve gear , gaunt gear , t2 PvP gear ...

There is not perfect balance and from time to time they mass something that make clear unbalance
    But still :
    Yes in general , PvP when not against premade bis can feel fun to anyone and u be ok if u know your class and rule

And to assume I don't know nothing.. Make me laugh .. Probably more then u if u write this ..
    But that not the issue lets not drag to 15 years old kids debate
    The issue is the ice nerf . And relax call .. And to steer the ship of feedback to the real issues
    Btw no one stoping u to create PvP unbalance thread .. That also feedback
    So relax
    everybody has sense about balancing, i will not argue against you, but i think that your view about it is not accepted by the majority of players. Who is bis premade for you? my characters are strong to roflstomping many players (not only pve farmers), but when meet bis guild i am roflstomped even more by them. so here is big differences between players. you are lucky to dont feel it
    edited June 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    everybody has sense about balancing, i will not argue against you, but i think that your view about it is not accepted by the majority of players. Who is bis premade for you? my characters are strong to roflstomping many players (not only pve farmers), but when meet bis guild i am roflstomped even more by them. so here is big differences between players. you are lucky to dont feel it

U need to realize 3 things :
    1- bis against not bis 1-2 level down free achievable , give advantage of course to bis , but my argument it's not that really high difference that make it pay to win
    Never the less many of those bis in this guilds got their bis not by paying , by exploit abusing
    2- those bis guilds also play together a lot , they are trained to max abilities together which make them tough foes
    3- those bis guilds don't play fair a lot of times- looking for bugs abuses , which then make them untouchable
    And that's the problem ,bug abuses , that's the real unbalance that u see

don't like those guilds the same as u do believe me , because of 1 exploit to bis 2 bug abuse
    And they needed to be treated
    But again that's other issue for different discussion
  • derkesthai#1386 derkesthai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You can definitely win without paying. Maybe paying makes winning a bit easier. But would you rather win easy or do you want to be challenged? :)

I agree that you definitely don't need everything BiS in order to win, and definitely not to have a fun time!