test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what if archery worked?

kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Wilds
So what if archery worked?

So I have my favorite toon... The Trapper spec Ranger.
And then I have my other favorite toon . The Cleric.

And then I have all the other HR I run with that are running similar builds in the guild that I’m constantly partying with… I’m not positive that all of the rooting and slowing and whatever else we do all stack if you have 2 HRs doing it. Sometimes Single target DPS in nice to have rather than 2 AOE Pointblank DOT dealers. Frankly Trappers are Tops at taking care a mass of mobs, and only OK at DPS on a single target boss.

So in that thinking, if you were to change up your build to be a long range single target Nuke... what would you do?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is a nice video here, that i started with until i switched to Trapper...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sw982YhJCc

paired up with this link..

http://mmominds.com/2014/11/10/sharra-delarmgos-archery-dpscover-fire-build/
  • katozeekatozee Member Posts: 42
    edited June 2015
    Personally Archery path is still viable though the user skill level required to make it viable is rather steep like the dps cleric.

I would suggest that pathfinder using key combos like hunters teamwork + hawk eye + ambush + Hawk shot/aimed shot would net you large numbers that would make you happy. Just have to remember that the archer is all about the single target mobs. For the life of me I don't understand why the majority pick all the aoe encounters like thorn ward/split the sky/rain of arrows. All that will do is gain too much unwanted attention and detract from your overall performance. I'd say commanding shot would be also ideal to pad out that last spot.

Ultimately their damage comes from range, so focusing at taking out single targets at range should be paramount, throwing out aoe's to make all those chaps rush you not good combat strategy. Of course this build then becomes something reliant on good teamwork since you need people to keep mobs controlled.
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well said .
    Im in the process of planing the build .
    ill let you know what i get out of it .
  • kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • vincentkurayamavincentkurayama Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    katozee wrote: »
    I would suggest that pathfinder using key combos like hunters teamwork + hawk eye + ambush + Hawk shot/aimed shot would net you large numbers that would make you happy. Just have to remember that the archer is all about the single target mobs. For the life of me I don't understand why the majority pick all the aoe encounters like thorn ward/split the sky/rain of arrows. All that will do is gain too much unwanted attention and detract from your overall performance. I'd say commanding shot would be also ideal to pad out that last spot.

Ultimately their damage comes from range, so focusing at taking out single targets at range should be paramount, throwing out aoe's to make all those chaps rush you not good combat strategy. Of course this build then becomes something reliant on good teamwork since you need people to keep mobs controlled.

Hmm. Reading that it actually makes a good deal more sense to me why people playing Archer perform poorly most of the time I see them. It also makes sense of something I've noticed from running Combat for the sake of trying it out and being pleased with the results.

Pretty much every guide I read that decided to focus on Combat tree was Pathfinder build, but looking over the different abilities in both paragons along with the Combat feats, it's meant for AoE, and thus Stormwarden serves it better than Pathfinder [granted Careful Attack's debuff is nice]. It'd make sense, then, that Pathfinder would support Archery the best. Trapper, then, works well with either - Stormwarden gets you Twin-Blade Storm to go with Aspect of the Serpent but you lose out on running other useful class features while Pathfinder frees up a spot for Aspect of the Lone Wolf/The Pack.

I'm tempted to use my eight character slot to work on an Archer now...it could be interesting.
    classes.png
    GT: VincentKurayama
    Vivian 13.2k gs SW | Robyn 10.1k gs GF | Zayzara 10.0k gs TR | Kalii 10.1k gs GWF
    Jayde 10.5k gs HR | Erynn 10.3k gs CW | Lorelei 10.3k gs DC | Elise Level 4 OP (PC)